Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 07:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,981,410 times

Advertisements

Wait a minute -- so in one moment I'm being told PResident Obama did a similar thing a couple of times......but he wasn't interested in keeping us safe but when Trump implements a ban that ends up keeping out good people -- we are safer. Okay -- got it.

Nah ---- I'm not drinking the kool-aid I've seen what it has done to all of you.

Democrats lost because Trump said he would make America Great Again to an unemployed working class living in towns that are dead because the industry has died. Not because of outsourcing but because of technology -- evolution (AAACCK -- just lost a few of the conservatives with that one). They believed (though they have voted Democratic in the past) that his business skill will pop up little manufacturing companies and give them the jobs they so desire and bring back their towns.

Stop saying the Democrats lost because of celebs, because Obama wasn't keeping people safe...it's just not true.

The electoral college votes that went to Trump instead of the projected Clinton were in those communities described above.

S
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 08:02 AM

62,844 posts, read 29,080,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
As a liberal, I'm not in favor of this immigrant ban but mostly I dislike it because it was done so fast, without warning and it blindsided many innocent people. Of the people who were detained, some were elderly, others needed to be at work the next day, some were simply returning from visiting a sick parent, and one person I saw interviewed on tv had just come back from his father's funeral. They were all here LEGALLY.

To just suddenly ban them was needlessly cruel. Then, when asked why they did it without warning, they made up the excuse that bad people could have gotten through otherwise if there had been warning. (Was there some unknown sudden crisis?)

"Bad" people could have gotten through yesterday, the day before, or last week. Why this sudden ban?

Yes, we have to be careful with who we let in but there was no need to slap people around like this. Besides, they had already been vetted. Apparently Trump doesn't trust people to do their jobs at vetting? All of a sudden?

You had refugees who have already been vetted, LEGAL residents of the USA, and LEGAL green card holders. There's quite a difference between them and real ILLEGALS. I would rather go after the ILLEGALS. They have broken the law=illegal. We don't even know who they really are, what they have done before, they have received no background or medical checks and they have no papers.

A lot of these LEGAL immigrants/refugees who are being banned already hold important jobs here--they are researchers and medical people. They have families here and they came here THE RIGHT WAY, the LEGAL way. What a rotten way to treat the people who did it the right way.

As for the illegals, that's a totally different story and I hope someone can figure out how to deport many of them and maybe provide a pathway for the ones who were born here to somehow remain here. Those who were born here are US citizens, as you know. I really don't care if their illegal parents have to go home. They can always come back and visit and their kids can visit them too.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be any method of predicting which people are going to turn radical. The first generation is usually fine--this has been shown over and over. It's their kids who could possibly turn radical and there is no way of knowing which ones it will be.

So I hope this explanation sheds some light on how some of us feel. BTW, Trump's mother was a dirt poor immigrant who came here to work as a house cleaner. And of course, his current wife is an immigrant too.
Here's where we disagree on illegal aliens. These Dreamers brought here by their parents are still here illegally. If you want a way for them to remain here then what would you do with their parents?
1. Deport them and separate the families? or 2. Allow them to remain here which rewards them for violating our immigration laws? (more added competition for jobs and resources).

Another thing to consider is the added competition for jobs from these Dreamers. We don't need that as we have millions of unemployed Americans. it's sets a precedence also that if you bring your kids here illegally they will be able to stay. That's a good thing?

Let's talk anchor babies now who are deemed U.S. citizens only because of a PC policy but not based on what the Constitution says. The same scenario basically. Since they would have a right to stay here based on that PC policy what would you do with their parents? In both cases it was the parents who violated our immigration laws. Do you deport them as our laws state or allow them to remain here with their U.S. born kids? (more competition for jobs and resources. That also would reward them for violating our immigration laws.

Not one person has answered these questions yet.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:48 AM

361 posts, read 431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I am all for it and tired of the lives of illegal aliens coming before American citizens, and of liberals telling me radical Islam is benefitting the United States. I've had 2 friends tell me how radical Islam is a good thing.

This, at the end of your post. Practically everyone is tired of illegals coming first. They need to go and the ones who were born here need help in finding a way to stay. Like it or not, they are US citizens.

I do not believe you when you say anyone ever told you that radical Islam is a good thing. You are friends with these radicals? Radical Islam is a terrible thing. Most Muslims are not radical and they do not approve of radicals. In fact, "radical" anything is usually a bad thing, something taken to any extreme is not a good thing.
No, a friend of mine from Europe told me that Islam is good for America. I didn't realize I said radical in my post, but I assumed he was saying radical Islam is also a good thing.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:59 AM

361 posts, read 431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I can appreciate that many are surprised President Trump is doing exactly what he promised during his campaign since the majority of those in public office hardly ever follow up on any of their promises. In other words, there was no surprise.

About the children born in our country by ILLEGAL immigrant parents. Many say, "We need to help them to stay in the U.S.A." Ok, fine, then open up your door and invite them in and support them.

Children born in Mexico/Central America, etc., are brought to our country by their parents and no one seems so concerned about those children being removed from their homeland.

It's all so hypocritical! Libs want the ILLEGALS to remain here, but then they wash their hands of it and walk away with the attitude, "I've done my part, I protested, now you support them."

The word ILLEGAL is what they can't accept. Well, that is until one of the ILLEGALS commits a crime against them or their family members, then they change their tune.
No. And any time we emphasize how much radical Islamic terror has ripped apart the US, they go nuts and call us "racist, Islamophobic bigots."

Old 01-31-2017, 06:53 PM

1,059 posts, read 829,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
High risks countries with a 120 days ban to figure out how to properly vet them. Liberals would not be outraged as vets are homeless and US citizens living in poverty.

But they are more concerned about some solid preventive measures. A president that is thinking about the security of the American people hard..now that's refreshing

Libs, you still wondering why you lost???
So well said. I would love to hear how the American protesters answer the question: What about our own vets who are homeless and living in poverty, as well as many others who belong in this country?

Old 01-31-2017, 06:58 PM

1,059 posts, read 829,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Here's where we disagree on illegal aliens. These Dreamers brought here by their parents are still here illegally. If you want a way for them to remain here then what would you do with their parents?
1. Deport them and separate the families? or 2. Allow them to remain here which rewards them for violating our immigration laws? (more added competition for jobs and resources).

Another thing to consider is the added competition for jobs from these Dreamers. We don't need that as we have millions of unemployed Americans. it's sets a precedence also that if you bring your kids here illegally they will be able to stay. That's a good thing?

Let's talk anchor babies now who are deemed U.S. citizens only because of a PC policy but not based on what the Constitution says. The same scenario basically. Since they would have a right to stay here based on that PC policy what would you do with their parents? In both cases it was the parents who violated our immigration laws. Do you deport them as our laws state or allow them to remain here with their U.S. born kids? (more competition for jobs and resources. That also would reward them for violating our immigration laws.

Not one person has answered these questions yet.
I say deport the illegal parents and their kids. Good grief, what parent would abandon their child in the U.S. and not take them back home with them? Illegal parents who spawn on US soil, then claim "but they are U.S. citizens," should pay for their breaking into the U.S. by going home. I am sick of hearing about "breaking up families." What about all the American single mothers without a father in sight for many reasons (prison, death, product of a fling, etc.)? Those families are "separated," too.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:22 PM

11,233 posts, read 11,007,103 times
To answer the question the thread title poses........

VOTES

The be all end all. They care nothing about these people other than them casting votes for future presidents and political figures that further their cause. They know that the mass majority of them will vote democrat, and whatever bad things come with that they are indifferent to. They will lie, and distort and deflect any arguments that pose a threat to that cause. Their mission is 100% self serving in nature, and it is for this reason laws need to be upheld and this nonsense needs to be crushed.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:39 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,793,941 times
No outrage from these people/groups for numerous US citizens that have close family members' tourist visa to the US rejected time and time again, to the point it is a de facto ban on some countries due to the low rate of approvals. There is no appeal process and nothing anyone can do due to the authority of a consular officer.

Yet I am suppose to feel some sort of anger, sorrow, or something over this? Please, there are numerous US citizens who have been dealing with this stuff for years.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,981,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
No outrage from these people/groups for numerous US citizens that have close family members' tourist visa to the US rejected time and time again, to the point it is a de facto ban on some countries due to the low rate of approvals. There is no appeal process and nothing anyone can do due to the authority of a consular officer.

Yet I am suppose to feel some sort of anger, sorrow, or something over this? Please, there are numerous US citizens who have been dealing with this stuff for years.
They should be using this opportunity to help their cause.

So in the past folks haven't paid enough attention to these issues, now that they are you want to dismiss them? If they had fussed while Obama was President it would have been okay? Just because they may have become more aware NOW means that we should ignore these issues.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:39 PM

42,830 posts, read 26,212,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I say deport the illegal parents and their kids. Good grief, what parent would abandon their child in the U.S. and not take them back home with them? Illegal parents who spawn on US soil, then claim "but they are U.S. citizens," should pay for their breaking into the U.S. by going home. I am sick of hearing about "breaking up families." What about all the American single mothers without a father in sight for many reasons (prison, death, product of a fling, etc.)? Those families are "separated," too.
You do understand that you can't 'deport' a person born in the US, right? The only Citizens who can be deported are naturalized citizens who have been found guilty of lying on their application.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration