Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 05:46 PM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Immigration laws are real only to the degree they are funded and enforced. We do not fund them at a level anywhere near that required. So no they are not in violation...the laws are no longer functional when not funded.

And there is no intent to fund to the level needed to enforce the laws. And it is not clear it would work if they were. The problem has simply been allowed to grow past the point at which it is fixable.
Reminds me of firearms laws that cannot possibly be enforced, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 06:20 PM

8,881 posts, read 5,364,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The only welfare that gets to illegal aliens is for their citizen children . Trump can't touch that. Runs into Constitutional due process.
Not always. Remember Auntie Z?

Old 02-09-2017, 06:22 PM

8,881 posts, read 5,364,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlerainn View Post
Illegal citizens do not qualify for benefits, their children do. .
Guess you never heard of Auntie Z.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:25 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Whether or not a law is enforced as it should be as long as they are on the books you are obligated to obey them and if not you are in violation of them and subject to the penalty of not obeying that law. Only a fool would think otherwise.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:37 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,333,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Talk about twisting of the truth! They are in violation of the Immigration Laws of the United States of America as you know. So, using your logic, selling illegal drugs is no longer against the law because the enforcement is not funded and enforced, right? Any law that doesn't have adequate enforcement, it is the fault of our country, so the criminal has not committed a crime?

What you'll see is that the law will be enforced. There won't be a big press conference where Trump makes an announcement that we will now start enforcing the laws, they will just be enforced. He has taken the handcuffs off of border patrol.

I suspect as a few get deported with just the shirt on their backs, others will load up the wagon and haul tail home or so goes my dream!

Seriously, not in violation of the law because there isn't enough enforcement?
Now you are being naive. The executive always claims the right to not enforce any law where the funding is not present. Always has and always will.. It is still the law of the United States but is not violated if it is not enforced. A criminal statute requires a trial and a decision before the perpetrator is judged to be a criminal. If you cannot hold the trial you can't enforce the law. Simple as that.

And by the way the marijuana sales operations all over the country are in obvious violation of Federal law. No one has provided an exception to the law but the Executive has simply decided not to enforce it. By your thinking all those people doing medical or recreational pot sales are felons and should not be allowed to vote.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:17 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
These threads are always so funny. Inevitably, you get a whole bunch of ppl coming out and claiming how much of their tax dollars are being "stolen" by "illegals." Forget about the fact that Trump has bragged that he hasn't paid taxes in 18 years, when illegal immigrants pay many billions of dollars in taxes every year completely negating any federal services they use, but rather adding to the social security fund you will get when you retire. You look completely foolish and just beyond gullible.
Uh; what about wages for many blue collar Americans being forced DOWN cause of illegal aliens being protected by many people who'd be Ok with slavery if it was still legal.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlerainn View Post
Illegal citizens do not qualify for benefits, their children do. And what kind of pro-life people have a problem with feeding children no matter what country they're from. You care about life or you don't, compassion does not have conditions.
Keep the kids, deport the parents if here illegally. You're right; I DON'T care about "breaking up families" here IF the parents are that selfish they'd leave their US born kids behind.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I am pro-choice NOT pro-birth, and my compassion for others' children is outweighed by my disdain for law breakers.
Agreed and HOW! I can't rep you but, I'll toss 1 your way when I can.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:44 AM

13,232 posts, read 7,280,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Trump supporters are well aware how illegals are using our welfare system. Not sure where you are getting that they don't. Myself and other conservatives have posted many links depicting that they are. Illegal aliens aren't likely to use birth control even if it is provided to them as they know having many babies here is the key to helping to support themselves.

I agree that the misinterpretation of the 14th needs to be cleared up and the employment magnets removed. However, deterring them at the border should be a part of the solution also. Once they make their way in here it is hard to root them out. Also, criminals and terrorists aren't looking for jobs or welfare handouts.
Then why is Trump touting an EO to stop illegal immigrants from getting welfare when he knows it's not the illegal that is getting it but the kids who are American citizens. His EO isn't going to do squat to stop the problem. Even American Adults are only allowed to be on welfare for 5 years 99% of the money is going to kids born from illegals. Trump supports think an EO is going to fix it not even going to have zero effect. You can build any wall you want but they will just go under it over it around it until you take away the reason to come here none of that will change a thing.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:29 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Then why is Trump touting an EO to stop illegal immigrants from getting welfare when he knows it's not the illegal that is getting it but the kids who are American citizens. His EO isn't going to do squat to stop the problem. Even American Adults are only allowed to be on welfare for 5 years 99% of the money is going to kids born from illegals. Trump supports think an EO is going to fix it not even going to have zero effect. You can build any wall you want but they will just go under it over it around it until you take away the reason to come here none of that will change a thing.

Only the naïve would think that illegals aren't accessing benefits from our government for themselves. They use fake or stolen SS numbers to work, don't they? There is fraud happening in regards to both illegal and legal immigrants.

As for the wall I have posted a couple of links several times denoting how the already approved of wall along 700 miles of the most porous areas of our border works where it has already been erected. Did you miss them? As for climbing over and under that type of wall cannot be climbed over and there are tunnel sensors to stop them from digging under.

Yes, remove all of the incentives for them to come here such as jobs and birthright citizenship for their kids but the wall will not only deter them but criminals and terrorists also. Better to stop them all at the border than to allow them to get in here where they are harder to find and root out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration