U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2008, 04:13 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
UNDER THE SAME MOON (LA MISMA LUNA) tells the parallel stories of nine-year-old Carlitos and his mother, Rosario. In the hopes of providing a better life for her son, Rosario works illegally in the U.S. while her mother cares for Carlitos back in Mexico. Unexpected circumstances drive both Rosario and Carlitos to embark on their own journeys in a desperate attempt to reunite. Along the way, mother and son face challenges and obstacles but never lose hope that they will one day be together again. Riggen’s film is not only a heartwarming family story; she also offers subtle commentary on the much-debated issue of illegal immigration
Apple - Trailers - Under the Same Moon (La Misma Luna) - Trailer A (broken link)

Can't wait to go see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 04:29 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Apple - Trailers - Under the Same Moon (La Misma Luna) - Trailer A (broken link)

Can't wait to go see it.
Sounds like a good one Blacknight, I saw one about a minuteman and a illegal mexican family, that one was also good.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:22 PM

23,004 posts, read 31,957,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

Can't wait to go see it.
this has pro-illegal sob story written all over it!

Old 03-02-2008, 05:25 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
this has pro-illegal sob story written all over it!
I did not bother watching the trailer--------the title alone made me shake my head in disgust

Political refugees are one thing; the economic variety are not our problem.

In Mexico's case: few people are starving there these days.

If one wants to see real poverty; there is always Sub Saharan Africa.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:26 PM

23,004 posts, read 31,957,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I did not bother watching the trailer--------the title alone made me shake my head in disgust

and inner-city and rural communities in the US.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:46 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
and inner-city and rural communities in the US.
The man said "real poverty" as in absolutely nothing to eat, or own or even the barest necessities of life.
American ghettos, though bleak and dismal, are nothing as compared to oh lets say Dar fur, or Rhodesia of the present..................

sorry I had to cut short but when the Tornado sirens blow I split really quick.

Last edited by Convert 54; 03-02-2008 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: sirens going off

Old 03-04-2008, 10:02 PM

6,546 posts, read 11,621,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Completely agree with you again, this is just purposely political. I mean they could do a movie where instead of coming to the US, "Carlitos" can leave his poor Mexican village and engage on a cross-country (Mexico that is) let's say from Chiapas to Monterrey or from Chichuahua to Guadalajara.

Hell, or "Manana en El Mar" where they reunite on a beach in Cancun

Old 03-04-2008, 10:06 PM

6,546 posts, read 11,621,205 times
Better yet, a story about a boy in Los Angeles named "Carl" whose mom "Rose" ran a housekeeping business but couldn't survive because of the wages being depressed by the invasion of illegal aliens. At the same time, their community is torn apart by drug violence brought by illegal Mexican and Salvadoran gangs. Rose finds a new start and tries to start a new career across the country in Atlanta. Carl desperately saves some money, buys a Greyhound ticket and heads east in a journey across America......

Old 03-05-2008, 07:32 AM

10,543 posts, read 11,682,359 times
How about one about a drug dealer or prostitute that leaves a child with a grandmother to go out an make some money? Unexpectedly, they end up in prison for breaking the law. The story is heartwarming as they long to see each other and wait for the day they can be reunited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration