Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 08:50 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON — When President Donald Trump ordered broad changes in immigration law enforcement during his first week in office, he stripped away most restrictions on who should be deported, opening the door for roundups and detentions on a scale not seen in nearly a decade.

Six million to 8 million people in the country illegally could be considered priorities for deportation, according to calculations based on interviews with experts who studied the order and two internal documents that signal immigration officials are taking an expansive view of Trump's directive.

8 million people could be deported under Trump's immigration order

Good!

Word is most other countries like Mexico actually ENFORCE their laws against illegal aliens, def time for the US to do the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 07:04 AM

11,240 posts, read 11,018,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Word is most other countries like Mexico actually ENFORCE their laws against illegal aliens, def time for the US to do the same thing.
Mexico fiercely protects its southern border and has strict immigration laws, yet they believe the US is hostile if we want to build a wall or send illegals back to their home country..... Unbelievably hypocritical and downright pathetic. Mexico loves exporting their trash to us and then the trash sends money back to Mexico (lots of it). A win-win for Mexico, and they laugh at the US every day. I guess liberals enjoy being laughed at....

Old 02-05-2017, 08:39 AM

25,942 posts, read 22,098,104 times
Fingers crossed on this! I was out yesterday, "welfare weekend", I should have stayed home. It must be nice to get a check in the mail for producing babies!!!

I don't think there will be a lot of talk coming from the White House, I think they will just start enforcing the law and it will move much quicker than people think. There is no reason for discussion, it is the law and the handcuffs have been removed from law enforcement!

Old 02-05-2017, 09:14 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Fingers crossed on this! I was out yesterday, "welfare weekend", I should have stayed home. It must be nice to get a check in the mail for producing babies!!!

I don't think there will be a lot of talk coming from the White House, I think they will just start enforcing the law and it will move much quicker than people think. There is no reason for discussion, it is the law and the handcuffs have been removed from law enforcement!
Agreed and, our "1AngryTaxPayer" said something about the illegals hanging around Home Depot in Calif having seemed to have "disappeared" so, I'm guessing Trump's starting to really take care of business.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:49 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,011 times
Wonderful news!

Here is the bottom line...

Are you legal or are you illegal?

If illegal you will be deported. Doesn't matter if you built a life or family here, you are a illegal alien criminal and will be deported.

No crying, no argument, no debate, no BS...if illegal, get out...or be carried out.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:49 AM

62,885 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Wonderful news!

Here is the bottom line...

Are you legal or are you illegal?

If illegal you will be deported. Doesn't matter if you built a life or family here, you are a illegal alien criminal and will be deported.

No crying, no argument, no debate, no BS...if illegal, get out...or be carried out.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:03 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,268,717 times
Only 8 million? I was really hoping it would be at least double that.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:09 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Looks like the traitors out west have slowed the process but that just strengthens the resolve to get it done and the sooner the better. I have faith in Trumps ability and resolve and I support him 99%. The only thing I have seen him do wrong is mentioning his daughter's company. Considering he is a proud father I can forgive him for that but hope he has learned that is not good and he needs to stay on his job and leave the business alone.

About the three judges who are wrong on 86% of their cases, if you made the right decision only 14% on your job; would you still be employed?

Old 02-10-2017, 12:13 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,930,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
WASHINGTON — When President Donald Trump ordered broad changes in immigration law enforcement during his first week in office, he stripped away most restrictions on who should be deported, opening the door for roundups and detentions on a scale not seen in nearly a decade.

Six million to 8 million people in the country illegally could be considered priorities for deportation, according to calculations based on interviews with experts who studied the order and two internal documents that signal immigration officials are taking an expansive view of Trump's directive.

8 million people could be deported under Trump's immigration order

Good!

Best news I've heard in years!

If only we can make it ten million. Ten million sounds better but not as good as all of them.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:17 PM

10,007 posts, read 15,653,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Only 8 million? I was really hoping it would be at least double that.
The amount needs to triple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration