U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 10:26 PM

25,262 posts, read 15,279,907 times

Advertisements

Federal agents doing their job .

What part of ILLEGAL immigrant don't they get ?

Guess they thought Trump was bluffing ...

----

About 100 protesters marched in the streets of downtown Los Angeles Thursday evening, fueled by fear and outrage after reports that federal agents had carried out a series of immigration raids across Southern California earlier in the day.

Civil rights groups said Thursday they had been alerted by "credible sources," including attorneys, that immigration "sweeps" are taking place in the greater Los Angeles area.

It's outrageous that ICE would go into the homes of hardworking people and tear them away from their children," Cardenás said. "I'm demanding that ICE provide me, the Representative of this community, with more information and the purpose of these raids... I will not sit quietly by while they seek to harm the people of my district."

Reports of ICE immigration ‘sweeps’ spark LA protest, demands for answers

Old 02-09-2017, 10:30 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,836,257 times
Finally doing their job like they should have been doing 30 some years ago instead President Reagan gave amnesty. Amnesty should never have happened.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Finally doing their job like they should have been doing 30 some years ago instead President Reagan gave amnesty. Amnesty should never have happened.
Yes like too many things people took advantage and now the situation is out of control .
All these politicians crying over this today in CA.

Wonder what crimes these "immigrants" caused

Old 02-09-2017, 11:02 PM

2,919 posts, read 1,948,330 times
It's such an alternate universe that we live in. We aren't even allowed to enforce our immigration laws. And illegal jobs are more important than American jobs. Liberalism is truly a cancer.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
It's such an alternate universe that we live in. We aren't even allowed to enforce our immigration laws. And illegal jobs are more important than American jobs. Liberalism is truly a cancer.
Yeah these politicians in L.A and CA don't even seem to make any efforts anymore to appeal to legal citizens at least that I can see . Everything is focused on protecting illegals . Hiring lawyers for them . Threatening to sue federal government for them . Legalizing their illegal street vending carts .
The list goes on .

Old 02-09-2017, 11:14 PM

11,050 posts, read 6,465,612 times
So glad Trump is doing what people have been asking the government to do for decades. Trump = winning.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So glad Trump is doing what people have been asking the government to do for decades. Trump = winning.

'We’re going to win so much, you’re going to be so sick and tired of winning'

Old 02-09-2017, 11:23 PM

So many illegals in L.A it needs to be 1000 a day or more .
100 in a day is a good start though .

Oh no Jorge , the government is doing their JOB too well ? Want them to slow it down ?
---

"“This is business as usual on steroids,” countered Jorge-Mario Cabrera Director of Communications the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles. “For someone to tell us this is normal is an understatement "

"Typically the coalition sees three to five people detained in deportation order sweeps each week but never 100 people in a single day, said Cabrera"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch.c...?client=safari

Old 02-09-2017, 11:27 PM

10,829 posts, read 4,143,609 times
We know where the illegals live.

We should wall them in and then build camps on the border to which they will be moved and processed.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:56 PM

5,577 posts, read 7,481,399 times
Not that it matters, but my take on this latest incident that is causing civil unrest, is the beginning of Trump following his commitment to round( them) up.
In another post regarding illegals, I stated Trump would not round up, or deport until he had all his ducks in a row.
I still firmly believe that.

Today's raids were what could be called a "practice run".
Trump needs to see what a roundup on a limited scale would cause, in terms of public outcry.
Today was nothing more than a test run.
I am sure you will see similar small events involving ice, throughout the country.

Once the criminal element is deported, you can bet the mass roundups, and deportations will be running full scale.
The Trump administration IS going to keep it's word, and rid the country of illegals, just as was promised during the campaign.
It may take a long time, but I believe it will get done.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration