U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:06 AM

27,998 posts, read 46,401,830 times

Advertisements

HAMILTON – A construction business coalition has complained to state officials that a local masonry company should not be allowed to build new public schools in Hamilton because the company allegedly uses illegal immigrant workers.

During a meeting of the Ohio School Facilities Commission, held earlier this week in Columbus, a researcher with the Ohio Construction Coalition sharply criticized Mason-based ABC Precision Masonry & Concrete.

The Enquirer - Complaint: Masonry firm uses illegals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 07:25 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,185,578 times
And to think Blacknight says they don't take Americans jobs.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:17 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,148,090 times
I would hope that with the recession at hand, that more American companies could provide needed jobs to the Americans that have been layed off. I am sure that there will be many construction workers and seniors looking for jobs.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:25 PM

1,275 posts, read 2,125,235 times
So a group makes an allegation about a competitor who is non-union and instead of looking at the allegations and asking for support that the masonry company knowingly hired illegal immigrants you just believe it? Wow, I didnt realize that the immigration debate lowered the standard of proof to just allegations.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:29 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,176,507 times
From the article...

Quote:
The company, which worked recently on a Cincinnati Public Schools’ project, was the employer of four Mexican illegal workers who were slain in December in their Sharonville apartment.
Looks like a little more than an 'allegation' to me...

Old 03-03-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Looks like a little more than an 'allegation' to me...
So one group claims that 4 illegals who were murdered were working on a project for the contractor they are making an allegation against and that is proof that the employer knowingly hired illegal immigrants? Do you have the employment paperwork to show this? Were the employees working directly for the contractor or for the subcontractor? Were the employees actually employed and then fired once they were found out to be illegal? Do you know any details other than an allegation?

Old 03-03-2008, 01:29 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,224,710 times
Good for them. We need to start putting pressure on anyone that knowingly hires illegals.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Good for them. We need to start putting pressure on anyone that knowingly hires illegals.
and you have proof that the contractor "knowingly" hired illegals or is an allegation by a competitor all the proof you need?

Old 03-03-2008, 01:49 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,176,507 times
The 4 were long-time employees of the firm in question. They were found dead in their apt. after the employer called the police to report them missing. None of them had any kind of ID, forged or otherwise, when they were found. The employer admitted that he knew they were illegal. It's all available online.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
The 4 were long-time employees of the firm in question. They were found dead in their apt. after the employer called the police to report them missing. None of them had any kind of ID, forged or otherwise, when they were found. The employer admitted that he knew they were illegal. It's all available online.
Well then, if the employer knowingly hired them then that is a different story. But I shouldn’t have to research someone elses allegations to prove them. Show me support for them so I have more reason to believe it but allegations without support are just that, allegations without support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or