U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-03-2008, 12:46 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Reputation: 2049

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
So because they are not supposed to be here, then let the rage continue, but if an American does it, just find reasoning and justification for their actions and not feel compassion for the victim because their assailant wasn’t an illegal?
Where are you getting this information?

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 03-03-2008 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: Terminology was not user-friendly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-03-2008, 01:02 PM
 
Location: Small patch of terra firma
1,275 posts, read 2,123,814 times
Reputation: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Apparently, the analogy is lost on your inability to see anything outside the American/foreign national paradigm.

My point was clear as a bell. Your response is nonsensical. Who said anything about rationalizing behavior? Not me.
The strength of an analogy depends on the degrees of simliarity in the two propositions. So what is the similarity between the citizenship status of the suspect versus crimes metaphorically happening in your home and in the streets. Or was it soooo subtle to be viewed by a rational eye?

Glad your point was clear to you, Iím sure there are others who like to justify their rage against illegals who will use your analogy even though it isnt applicable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2008, 01:15 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Reputation: 22514
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
The strength of an analogy depends on the degrees of simliarity in the two propositions. So what is the similarity between the citizenship status of the suspect versus crimes metaphorically happening in your home and in the streets. Or was it soooo subtle to be viewed by a rational eye?

Glad your point was clear to you, Iím sure there are others who like to justify their rage against illegals who will use your analogy even though it isnt applicable.
Am I missing something from this thread? Isn't that just pure speculation on your part?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2008, 01:18 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
The strength of an analogy depends on the degrees of simliarity in the two propositions. So what is the similarity between the citizenship status of the suspect versus crimes metaphorically happening in your home and in the streets. Or was it soooo subtle to be viewed by a rational eye?

Glad your point was clear to you, Iím sure there are others who like to justify their rage against illegals who will use your analogy even though it isnt applicable.
Like I said, you're obsessed.

The point has nothing to do with the perp. The point has to do with sovereignty and security.

Again with "justify." Say it some more. Justify, justify, justify. Feel better? Good. For the last time, I'm not justifying anything.

(I have a feeling that your inability to see my point is a direct result of your need to justify illegal immigration. See how that works?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2008, 01:34 PM
 
157 posts, read 276,866 times
Reputation: 43
Cool Logic

Bundy (a U.S. Citizen) was put to death for killing. Anyone, no matter the color is put to death for murder. This guy was Illegal. (Not suppose to be here). So, it shouldn't have happened. If the border was patroled the guy would not have beat the baby to death. That is the way we see it. Go ahead make excuses for them BUT, even an American committing this crime would deserve death. It isn't color. Illegal is illegal. There is no excuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2008, 02:07 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
When a lady in Texas drowned her children, there was so much discussion about Post Partum Stress (I wont debate it) and people standing by her and finding justification for the deaths. But your right Sassy, if an illegal commits a crime, there is only rage that a senseless crime occurred, which ought to occur, senseless crimes are a tragedy and deserve outrage.

But treating similar crimes differently based on the citizenship status of the person accused is just completely idiotic in my opinion. Case in point, the 4 dead children from the bus accident is a tragedy. However an elderly American kills 10 and injures 70 in Santa Monica a few years ago and receives no prison time. And again, justification for the accident is looked at.

So really, the benefit of being an American is that if you commit a horrible crime, at least other Americans will find justification and reasoning for your actions. If you are illegal, you don’t get the same benefit. Wow, the importance of your life is based on the citizenship of the person who takes it from you.
I beg to differ.

Let's reason together, shall we?

If the woman who ran into the school bus, killing American children, had been in her country of origin rather than in the U.S. driving illegally, the odds are that those children would still be alive and unharmed. Therein lies the situational rage--i.e.; children who had barely begun their lives have them ended by someone who shouldn't be here to begin with.

If any of those illegal aliens who have been responsible for the deaths of thousands of American citizens had been in their countries of origin rather than here in the United States, driving, drinking, murdering, or otherwise causing mayhem, those affected by their actions would likely still be walking this earth.

Your perception of excuses being made for American citizens committing crimes against their fellow citizens is erroneous. There are numerous citizens in this country willing to fold, spindle, and mutilate their fellow Americans and it would likely take the reversal of a number of complex nuances which led to these deaths in order to prevent them.

However, the deaths of those who die at the hand of an illegal alien need only one situation reversed in order to prevent their demise, and that is the lack of the perpetrator's illegal presence in the United States of America.

With all of the homegrown criminals in this country willing to cause harm to their fellow citizens, why in the name of sanity, should we wish to import more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 08:13 AM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
Reputation: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
So because they are not supposed to be here, then let the rage continue, but if an American does it, just find reasoning and justification for their actions and not feel compassion for the victim because their assailant wasnít an illegal?
No one said it was OK for legal citizens to kill or break the law in any way. Where in the hell are you getting that from? You so worried about the illegal invaders that you miss the point entirely. We CAN'T control everything that people do that are living here legally. When they do break the law we don't condone their actions, we punish them. However, we CAN control our borders. We SHOULD be doing just that. We are SUPPOSED to be doing just that. And WE SHOULD be in a RAGE over the fact that the borders are not being controlled. Had this illegal NOT been allowed in this country there would've been one life WE could have saved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 714,770 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
No one said it was OK for legal citizens to kill or break the law in any way. Where in the hell are you getting that from? You so worried about the illegal invaders that you miss the point entirely. We CAN'T control everything that people do that are living here legally. When they do break the law we don't condone their actions, we punish them. However, we CAN control our borders. We SHOULD be doing just that. We are SUPPOSED to be doing just that. And WE SHOULD be in a RAGE over the fact that the borders are not being controlled. Had this illegal NOT been allowed in this country there would've been one life WE could have saved.
You must understand that these pro-illegal people think that because we have criminals in this country that we should not have any problem importing more of them. They think skewed but then they do love the criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 08:32 AM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
Reputation: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
You must understand that these pro-illegal people think that because we have criminals in this country that we should not have any problem importing more of them. They think skewed but then they do love the criminals.
LOL! I do see what you mean EarthMother. Being a rational thinking, law abiding person I just can't comprehend these criminal loving people that call themselves fellow Americans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 714,770 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
LOL! I do see what you mean EarthMother. Being a rational thinking, law abiding person I just can't comprehend these criminal loving people that call themselves fellow Americans
Exactly!!! They don't think normally at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top