Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 12:42 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,688,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
This is what the Trumpies voted for. Hope they're incovenienced to the max.
Why would you want ICE to be inconvenienced?????? What are you FOR illegal immigration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 01:22 AM

5 posts, read 2,965 times
Well, I hate to see little children being separated from any illegal parents, but it's not a kill all. Once they go through the legal channels they can come back. It just has to be done legally. I just want the laws to apply to everyone. If someone enters, they need to enter legally.

How else can we vet the bad guys and keep them out if we have illegals all over the place not being properly vetted? Just my two cents.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:08 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingSiblings View Post
Well, I hate to see little children being separated from any illegal parents, but it's not a kill all. Once they go through the legal channels they can come back. It just has to be done legally. I just want the laws to apply to everyone. If someone enters, they need to enter legally.

How else can we vet the bad guys and keep them out if we have illegals all over the place not being properly vetted? Just my two cents.
If they committed any crimes while here they should not be allowed back.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:44 AM

197 posts, read 199,550 times
Illegals are breaking the law! Nobody wants to discuss that. The elephant in the room! As an American citizen try living (legally!) in Mexico or Brazil because it is almost impossible. But illegal Mexicans or Brazilians can live and function fine here in the U.S. But if we want to live legally in their country, it is almost an impossible endeavor, and in many cases illegals are treated better than our beloved veterans! Horrible! Wake up people! Hello?

Old 02-13-2017, 02:58 AM

This is such a load of lies !

He's got to realize that many criminals are repeat offenders and having illegal criminals return to the streets of L.A after jail time doesn't make our streets safer .
He's got a lot of nerve saying this especially since violent crime has risen under his watch. Of course him and the media never reports on how much of the crime is committed by illegals.

LA Mayor Eric Garcetti: LAPD Enforcing Immigration Law Would Keep Them from Solving Crimes

LA Mayor Eric Garcetti: LAPD Enforcing Immigration Law Would Keep Them from Solving Crimes

Old 02-13-2017, 03:03 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
I think people are becoming paranoid and hysterical. ICE raids have always happened, even under Obama. Now every raid is blown up to sound like it's part of a big crackdown. I don't believe there is any hard data to suggest it they have increased raids (yet). Trump suggested there is but ICE has denied it. They may and probably will increase at some point but thus far it's just a bunch of paranoia.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:36 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilamai View Post
That's funny since the cities with the highest crime rates are in States that are no where near as diverse in Los Angeles.

Heck, the top 10 cities with the highest crime rates isn't even Los Angeles. Same with the top 10 states with the highest crime rates. CA isn't anywhere near it.
LA is kind of unique though because there are high crime areas that are unincorporated and completely surrounded by the city so it doesn't count against the city's numbers.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
LA is kind of unique though because there are high crime areas that are unincorporated and completely surrounded by the city so it doesn't count against the city's numbers.
Like East Los Angeles ?

Thought this was interesting

"
Crime statistics about East Los Angeles have been withheld because a large percentage of crime reports from the East Los Angeles station area lack addresses and therefore cannot be plotted on a map. This prevents The Times from presenting an accurate picture of what is happening in the neighborhood."

Wonder how many illegal aliens are in an area like east Los Angeles .

Old 02-13-2017, 05:44 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,049,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
160 arrests in four days is hardly 'aggressive'
I agree. That's less than 1 person per state per day.

We have mountains to climb, and I say we should start with the known MS-13, Latin Kings, and other gangs. 10% of the people are going to cause 90% of the problems, that's true with companies, organizations, customers, and even countries.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:19 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Any public place yes! But they can't enter a jail, prison, courthouse, school or hospital and go beyond areas where the public is allowed unless they have been granted permission. Nor can they enter a home or any other private place without a search warrant.
That's where you are wrong. They can enter any area of any building open to the public if they are in "pursuit" of an illegal alien. They don't need permission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of: