Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 07:48 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
This is what the Trumpies voted for. Hope they're incovenienced to the max.
LOL, by ICE raids in LA and Chicago? Not in the slightest. I do hope the Hillarites in LA are inconvenienced to the max as they fully deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 07:52 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No need to scold me, I am a US born citizen of US born parents. But I will repeat, they can't deport citizen children. I didn't write the constitution and neither did you, so why do you want to argue about it?

Not that I expect that you care, but Mexico doesn't even acknowledge that these kids are Mexican citizens so many of them don't have the required documentation that will allow them to attend school in Mexico. U.S.-born students in Mexico risk becoming 'lost generation' - LA Times
I am not scolding you--I am saying I think parental rights matter. Are you saying that if a parent ordered for deportation WANTS to take their minor child with them, the US government forbids them from doing that and scoops the kid up into in state foster care? That is essentially kidnapping; there is no way that is true. The United States government is not interested in telling foreign nationals leaving the country what to do with their children, especially if the child wants to remain with their parent and there is no one to take care of them in the US.

No surprise that Mexico doesn't want these children, since they don't want many of their own citizens. It's in their best interest for as many of their people (save the rich elites) to live here and send those remittances home. But according to Mexico's Constitution, children born aboard to Mexican parents (if those parents were born in Mexico) ARE Mexican citizens: https://www.oas.org/juridico/mla/en/...text-const.pdf

Quote:
Article 30. Mexican nationality is acquired by birth or by naturalization:
A. Mexicans by birth are:
I. Those born in the territory of the Republic, regardless of the nationality of
their parents:
II. Those born in a foreign country of Mexican parents; of a Mexican father and
a foreign mother; or of a Mexican mother and an unknown father;
III. Those born on Mexican vessels or airships, either war or merchant vessels.
B. Mexicans by naturalization are:
I. Foreigners who obtain letters of naturalization from the Secretariat of
Foreign Relations;
II. A foreign woman who marries a Mexican man and has or establishes her
domicile within the national territory.

Last edited by Kaphawoman; 02-16-2017 at 08:02 PM..

Old 04-10-2017, 01:15 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,313,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Not true. If you get sponsored for a work visa (meaning you got a decent job), got a student visa, an artist visa, or otherwise were able to prove income and financial solvency (you own a business back in the US, you earn income from investments, or retirements) it is very easy to move to Mexico or Brazil and get legal residence. If you're a poor person with no income, no assets, and no education there is no way.

That's most of the world, not just Mexico or Brazil.
I think this presents an oxymoron of sorts. Most of the world except perhaps America.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:38 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
This is what the Trumpies voted for. Hope they're incovenienced to the max.
It won't inconvenience me at all. I don't hire illegals. In fact, I will be overjoyed when illegals in my area leave in droves!

Any business that either hires or caters to illegals is a diseased business that needs to die.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:44 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
IMO, very young children should not be separated from their parents. However, if there parents are illegal aliens and the children were brought here by their parents shortly after their birth, then they should be deported along with their parents.

Although this may be a minority opinion, I feel as though "anchor babies" should be deported along with their parents and, if applicable, older siblings, too.

The United States needs to rework its citizenship laws to define a naturalized citizen as someone who is born within the borders of the country to either native-born parents or legal permanent residents. I don't believe the children of people who have broken federal laws to both enter and live within our borders are owed or qualify for American birthright citizenship.
When illegals get deported, no one is stopping them from taking their anchor babies with them. In fact, that's what any decent parent would do.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:34 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
When illegals get deported, no one is stopping them from taking their anchor babies with them. In fact, that's what any decent parent would do.
Disagree. I know someone who works for child protection. If both parents are taken into custody there's times (especially with if there's other crimes they are guilty of) where child services take the children into custody. Parents may be deported before they can take the children back.

Old 04-10-2017, 03:48 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Disagree. I know someone who works for child protection. If both parents are taken into custody there's times (especially with if there's other crimes they are guilty of) where child services take the children into custody. Parents may be deported before they can take the children back.
That's something illegals should take into account before having or bringing kids in then.

Old 04-10-2017, 04:29 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
That's something illegals should take into account before having or bringing kids in then.
Indeed, but what I'm saying is that then they're left in the USA on the country's dime which many do not want. If adopted by foster parents then they can become citizens.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Indeed, but what I'm saying is that then they're left in the USA on the country's dime which many do not want. If adopted by foster parents then they can become citizens.
If talking kids left behind and, legal relatives don't want them; sever parents rights and, adopt those kids to Americans and legal aliens. Tho the bio illegal alien "parents" can forget about being sponsored by those kids once the kids are adults.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:43 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,316 times
California will not succumb to threats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of: