U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:15 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,025,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I don't see you complaining when others label mexicans as corrupt etc.
I don't report my posts to you. However, if I see a racist statement I usually respond.

Glad you finally see my point.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:58 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,017,952 times
I don't know the reason why Nancy the reader posted her story of good will.
However it was a good story regardless.
As I stated I don't necessarily like the illegal situation than any other and do feel they should be deported.
That being stated, I felt the original OP was a relevant story and certainly as relevant as the van driver who was illegal hits bus and kills kids, thread.
Further, I notice the constant throwing of the term Raciest around this board like candy thrown to kids at a parade.
Seriously, I don't think most of you would know a true raciest from a closet queen until they slipped the rope over your neck, Ive met them and they are really really scary to the point of being mental.
A true raciest doesn't just call people names. Most people do have a certain disposition of distrust towards those of another race until they get to know them.
Heck most people distrust members of the same race till they get to know them. Thats human nature. We are hard wired to be distrustful of others. Dont knock it unless ya wanna be awarded the Darwin award.
Cut the poster some slack as she has refrained from posting her opinion in other thread about this section.
I kinda like her.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
I don't know the reason why Nancy the reader posted her story of good will.
However it was a good story regardless.
As I stated I don't necessarily like the illegal situation than any other and do feel they should be deported.
That being stated, I felt the original OP was a relevant story and certainly as relevant as the van driver who was illegal hits bus and kills kids, thread.
Further, I notice the constant throwing of the term Raciest around this board like candy thrown to kids at a parade.
Seriously, I don't think most of you would know a true raciest from a closet queen until they slipped the rope over your neck, Ive met them and they are really really scary to the point of being mental.
A true raciest doesn't just call people names. Most people do have a certain disposition of distrust towards those of another race until they get to know them.
Heck most people distrust members of the same race till they get to know them. Thats human nature. We are hard wired to be distrustful of others. Dont knock it unless ya wanna be awarded the Darwin award.
Cut the poster some slack as she has refrained from posting her opinion in other thread about this section.
I kinda like her.

Yes, and some don't realize they are making a racist statement until it's pointed out. Saying an entire race is humble and respectful is the same as saying an entire race likes watermelon.

Can't compare the van-driving murderer with the OP here. The van driver was an illegal, a criminal...and "roasted" as such.

Now as to who's the raciest closet queen....sorry, don't know many

Old 03-08-2008, 04:12 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,028,824 times
Mexicans are not a race. Mexico is a country.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-08-2008, 05:17 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,736,523 times
nancy thereader,
You're post was a nice change, and you were talking about an individual. I have met many that were warm and caring and with any group of people, you get the good with the bad. I never judge a whole group of people by one person, but I try to see the best in anyone unless they prove different.
Thanks Again,
Sassy

Old 03-08-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

I agree... I won the debate . (can tell by the answer)

Old 03-11-2008, 03:56 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
True:

A friend of mine; born and raised SOB along with both of his parents, is a Mexican and considers himself Hispanic----despite all four of his (White) grandparents immigrating from Eastern Europe many years ago.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:18 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,133,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Try again.

An immigrant is one who come to another country with the intent to stay permanently. It can be legal or illegal.

An alien is one who owes allegiance to a foreign nation. Can be legal or illegal.

An immigrant is not neccessarily an alien.

An alien is not neccessarily an immigrant.

An illegal alien can be an immigrant but is not neccessarily one.
And you typed all of that to say absolutely nothing.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:22 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,524,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
And you typed all of that to say absolutely nothing.
Not surprised at your view. What took so long?

Language is hard. Stick to it and it will come.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:36 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,044,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Not surprised at your view. What took so long?

Language is hard. Stick to it and it will come.
If that wasn't condescending/insulting/borderline personal attack then I'm not sure what is. But something tells me from what has been allowed and not allowed as of late on this forum, attacks against anti illegals will be tolerated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or