U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:43 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times

Advertisements

confronted some JD's terrorizing an old lady at the bus stop. made'm stop. made them really mad. when i went into the store for my groceries they keyed my car.
i went to a body shop after. everybody was mexican, spanish only. we talked bout it. (i'm gabacho). they said hey its awful, a sadness, he has no father
(common mexican expression for bad behavior) they fixed the car. refused to charge me

acylic Bunky 2004

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 03-11-2008 at 10:52 PM..

Old 03-11-2008, 10:45 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
If that wasn't condescending/insulting/borderline personal attack then I'm not sure what is. But something tells me from what has been allowed and not allowed as of late on this forum, attacks against anti illegals will be tolerated.

Lay that one on me slowly. This person comes out with a big attack on others use of English words. He has it utterly wrong.

Now if I point out that he has quite awfully misused the words I am attacking him?

If i come on...

"Oh poor sweet dear...that is not what is meant by immigrant" Then I am condescending?

If I say...

"Comeon Turkey...that is not what the word means" I am attacking?

So you hold that random use of the language is OK as long as you oppose illegal immigration?

The mind does boggle...

Old 03-12-2008, 11:03 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Lay that one on me slowly. This person comes out with a big attack on others use of English words. He has it utterly wrong.

Now if I point out that he has quite awfully misused the words I am attacking him?

If i come on...

"Oh poor sweet dear...that is not what is meant by immigrant" Then I am condescending?

If I say...

"Comeon Turkey...that is not what the word means" I am attacking?

So you hold that random use of the language is OK as long as you oppose illegal immigration?

The mind does boggle...
You insinuating someone is not intelligent enough to understand English with the context and wording you used was condescending and insulting. I'm sure if I saw it that way, the poster did as well.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:45 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
You insinuating someone is not intelligent enough to understand English with the context and wording you used was condescending and insulting. I'm sure if I saw it that way, the poster did as well.
This is what Lucky originally posted

Quote:
Immigrant isn't the issue.

Illegal immigrant is the issue.

They could be from Mexico and I wouldn't care if they came here legally.

If they came legally they can be called immigrants.

If they come Illegally they are not called Immigrants, they are called ALIENS.

Get it correct
Now, tell me he wasn't being condescending. His post was insinuating that we are dummies and don't know what an immigrant is. I hope you also give him a lecture on how to be nice and cordial to other posters.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:41 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,168,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
This is what Lucky originally posted

Now, tell me he wasn't being condescending. His post was insinuating that we are dummies and don't know what an immigrant is. I hope you also give him a lecture on how to be nice and cordial to other posters.
Actually, I read that to be his clarifying the difference between the term immigrant and alien. The concept of legal vs. illegal. I don't see where there was any condescention or implication of someone's mental aptitude.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Actually, I read that to be his clarifying the difference between the term immigrant and alien. The concept of legal vs. illegal. I don't see where there was any condescention or implication of someone's mental aptitude.
Off course you won't see it, but tell me what the "get it correct" at the end of his post meant to you?

Old 03-12-2008, 03:03 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,168,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Off course you won't see it, but tell me what the "get it correct" at the end of his post meant to you?
to me, it meant that he would like you not to confuse the two in the future.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Meaning what he wrote wasn't only his opinion but a fact(which he got wrong) right?

Old 03-12-2008, 05:20 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Quote:
It was a deliberately provocative and quite incorrect post. It got corrected in a style that pointed out both the error and made fun of the obvious provocative intent.

Again it appears that incorrect is OK as long as you are on the "right" side.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:22 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
And; the hammer continues to fall on illegals and their enablers........which is a beautiful thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or