Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 04:39 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times

Advertisements

So often we read such negative stories about Mexican immigrants , their propensity for crime and indolence. I just thought that I would share this :
My daughter Kelsey who has had a brain tumor constantly loses things. A few months ago, she accidentally threw her cell-phone in the garbage at the mall. One of the workers there (a sweet Mexican woman) searched through the garbage for it , but was unable to locate it. We went home without the cell phone.
Later that night, I received a phone call from the worker. A group of the workers had gone to the OUTSIDE garbage and searched all the bags until one of them found the phone, then this lovely woman called all of the phone numbers on it until she located me.

These are people who literally have nothing and yet they took their time to help a little girl and a mom that they did not even know. I was so touched that I cried . That is an example of the humble and gentle character of these lovely people .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-03-2008, 04:44 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
So often we read such negative stories about Mexican immigrants , their propensity for crime and indolence. I just thought that I would share this :
My daughter Kelsey who has had a brain tumor constantly loses things. A few months ago, she accidentally threw her cell-phone in the garbage at the mall. One of the workers there (a sweet Mexican woman) searched through the garbage for it , but was unable to locate it. We went home without the cell phone.
Later that night, I received a phone call from the worker. A group of the workers had gone to the OUTSIDE garbage and searched all the bags until one of them found the phone, then this lovely woman called all of the phone numbers on it until she located me.

These are people who literally have nothing and yet they took their time to help a little girl and a mom that they did not even know. I was so touched that I cried . That is an example of the humble and gentle character of these lovely people .
Thank you for sharing a positive post, and I'm glad it worked out for you and your daughter

Old 03-03-2008, 04:50 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,697 times
And you know this woman was Mexican HOW? Did she tell you, or did you assume it because she spoke only Spanish, or because of the color of her skin?

Are you guilty of racial profiling?

Old 03-03-2008, 06:52 PM

206 posts, read 410,720 times
Her story has nothing to do with IMMIGRATION either as a social or political issue, which is obvious to anyone who understands the CONTEXT of this board.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:54 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue pekoe View Post
Her story has nothing to do with IMMIGRATION either as a social or political issue.
If she posted a story about a mexican immigrant robbing her, it would have right?

Old 03-03-2008, 06:54 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,697 times
I still want to know how Nancy determined that this woman was Mexican...

Old 03-03-2008, 08:05 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
[Mod Cut: Deleted Post]

Simply being here is not a felony; that stated, factoring in working here illegally, etc. that is when the big crimes start.

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-06-2008 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: Deleted referenced post.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:13 PM

206 posts, read 410,720 times
Bring in illegals to make the crime rate go down? ...Well, how is it that "bringing in illegals" has only increased our prison and gang population?

The fact that anti-enforcement people never present a shred of logical or factual information that shows how illegal immigration benefits average Americans only reinforces my conviction that there are no benefits to illegal immigration....So, I guess isolated anecdotes is the best they can do.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:28 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
[Moderator Cut: deleted post]

What city-data guidelines are you looking at? Like i said before, this is the immigration forum not an only illegal immigration forum. I can post positive encounters and stories about immigrants if i want. Your problem is you think this forum is only dedicated to illegal immigration, but it is not.

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-06-2008 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: Deleted referenced post previously deleted.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:30 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
If she posted a story about a mexican immigrant robbing her, it would have right?
Only if she had "divined" the robber's national identity as she seems to have done with her touchy feely story....

I'm surprised that you of all people are not all over the OP demanding to know how she determined that this person was a Mexican immigrant.

Oh wait, that's right. You only protest if the "immigrant" is shown in a none too flattering light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration