Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 11:12 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,377 times

Advertisements

Deported Mother and Son at Risk of Getting Killed, U.S. Senator Says | KTLA
Sorry no one believed your story...enjoy the flight. Next time run to another country or make up a better story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 11:25 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
When did the Dem. Senator stood up for the victims and their families and when did this Democratic Senator wrote a letter to the President to demand the rights of Americans to be protected!!!

We came here legally and so can others.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:24 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Deported Mother and Son at Risk of Getting Killed, U.S. Senator Says | KTLA
Sorry no one believed your story...enjoy the flight. Next time run to another country or make up a better story
I've asked this question before: What is it about the US? I'm guessing another LatAm country like Mexico ain't good enough for this Hispanic illegal alien and kid?

Old 05-04-2017, 01:36 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
With the border not secure, myself and my son could be killed also, we don't want to end up on this list!

Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial

It looks like another mother wanting to dump her kid on the American taxpayers trying to get him a way to remain in a country. Geesh, do these people care nothing for their children. I am sure it is a ploy to then whine over the mother being deported and tearing apart the family. Send them back together, I don't want to be blamed for separating the family.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:12 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,500 times
I'm sick to my stomach reading this. ICE and the Trump admin should be ashamed of themselves. How can one not grant asylum to these two Hondurans, esp since their country is amongst the most violent. This is not the America I know. The American that welcomed the persecuted.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:17 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
I'm sick to my stomach reading this. ICE and the Trump admin should be ashamed of themselves. How can one not grant asylum to these two Hondurans, esp since their country is amongst the most violent. This is not the America I know. The American that welcomed the persecuted.
Those people probably crossed through Mexico to get here; why can't LatAm help out their "brothers and sisters"?

Old 05-04-2017, 04:20 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Take some Alka Seltzer and you will feel better.

By using your logic, we should empty out Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador due to the violence and move every single resident here. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

If this woman was really frightened, she should have gone to the American Embassy or Consulate and plead her case. And why does she have to come to the US? As Packard fan stated, there are other Latin American countries that don't have such rates of violence. Since she and her child already speak Spanish, they would have had no problems assimilating.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:30 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Take some Alka Seltzer and you will feel better.

By using your logic, we should empty out Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador due to the violence and move every single resident here. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

If this woman was really frightened, she should have gone to the American Embassy or Consulate and plead her case. And why does she have to come to the US? As Packard fan stated, there are other Latin American countries that don't have such rates of violence. Since she and her child already speak Spanish, they would have had no problems assimilating.
Umm we already do, it's called temporary protective status

Old 05-04-2017, 04:40 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Umm we already do, it's called temporary protective status
Nope. TPS isn't for every single resident in those banana republics. Plus it isn't given out like candy to the point that every single resident gets it. TPS is a joke. It just keeps getting extended and extended. On and on it goes. Every time there is a hurricane in those countries, they demand TPS. We've had some devastating storms in the country yet our residents don't go running to Canada and ask for TPS. Instead, they roll up their sleeves and clean up the mess. Why do we give those banana republics a pass?

It's long past time for those countries to get their acts together and the residents fight ---figuratively and litterally---to save their own nations. You know, just like America has done in the past.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:46 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Nope. TPS isn't for every single resident in those banana republics. Plus it isn't given out like candy to the point that every single resident gets it. TPS is a joke. It just keeps getting extended and extended. On and on it goes. Every time there is a hurricane in those countries, they demand TPS. We've had some devastating storms in the country yet our residents don't go running to Canada and ask for TPS. Instead, they roll up their sleeves and clean up the mess. Why do we give those banana republics a pass?

It's long past time for those countries to get their acts together and the residents fight ---figuratively and litterally---to save their own nations. You know, just like America has done in the past.
TPS is unnecessary for the most part
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration