U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-04-2008, 05:13 AM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 714,714 times
Reputation: 142

Advertisements

Immigrant cooks not happy with immigration enforcement, deputies warned to be careful where they eat (broken link)

This is no surprise to me at all since I have family that knows of Mexicans being arrested in NM for adding things to the food when they served Anglos, and did this to some cops. They seem to stoop to everything and seem to feel that they have a right to be upset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-04-2008, 05:25 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
Immigrant cooks not happy with immigration enforcement, deputies warned to be careful where they eat (broken link)

This is no surprise to me at all since I have family that knows of Mexicans being arrested in NM for adding things to the food when they served Anglos, and did this to some cops. They seem to stoop to everything and seem to feel that they have a right to be upset.
The story didn't make mention of ANY nationalities or race, so how do you know the general manager was a mexican?

Btw, i'm assuming the general manager was legal or even a citizen because Arpaio couldn't arrest him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 06:09 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The story didn't make mention of ANY nationalities or race, so how do you know the general manager was a mexican?

Btw, i'm assuming the general manager was legal or even a citizen because Arpaio couldn't arrest him.
I read about that 'manager' as well; with the present situation concerning illegal immigrants and the efforts to toss 'em out------such a comment coming from the man would be equivalent to discussing 'bombs' or something similar on an airplane.

Not smart there, pal (directed towards the manager).

Unknown about the guys ethnicity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 06:17 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,716 posts, read 31,026,539 times
Reputation: 6654
Well luckily the Mexican place I eat at here in Florida doesn't have any Mexican workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Reputation: 391
Reminds me of the threats made last year in Southern California directed at the Minutemen...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 714,714 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The story didn't make mention of ANY nationalities or race, so how do you know the general manager was a mexican?

Btw, i'm assuming the general manager was legal or even a citizen because Arpaio couldn't arrest him.
And I did not say that the manager was any nationality. Moderator Cut: Inappropriate Comments . I added that I knew about this same type of thing happening in NM and that a few had been arrested for tainting the food of Anglos and cops. The manager, the one mentioned in the story, was mad because he was having trouble hiring ILLEGALS. That in itself shows his lack of respect for our country and makes him someone to be watched. Moderator Cut: Inappropriate Comments .

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-04-2008 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: Keep it civil and no bashing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 10:22 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
And I did not say that the manager was any nationality. Moderator Cut: Inappropriate Comments . I added that I knew about this same type of thing happening in NM and that a few had been arrested for tainting the food of Anglos and cops. The manager, the one mentioned in the story, was mad because he was having trouble hiring ILLEGALS. That in itself shows his lack of respect for our country and makes him someone to be watched. Moderator Cut: Inappropriate Comments .
You posted the story and went on a rant about how mexicans are tainting the food of cops and white people. If you didn't think the manager was mexican, then why did you say it didn't surprise you because you had family that knows of mexicans doing that?

Quote:
This is no surprise to me at all since I have family that knows of Mexicans being arrested in NM for adding things to the food when they served Anglos, and did this to some cops. They seem to stoop to everything and seem to feel that they have a right to be upset

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-04-2008 at 11:57 PM.. Reason: updated referenced post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The story didn't make mention of ANY nationalities or race, so how do you know the general manager was a mexican?
Btw, i'm assuming the general manager was legal or even a citizen because Arpaio couldn't arrest him.
Sorry to butt in here, but the bolded portion was your question, and I don't see anywhere the OP said that the manager was Mexican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 714,714 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Sorry to butt in here, but the bolded portion was your question, and I don't see anywhere the OP said that the manager was Mexican.
Yes, you are right. It seems that BK just wants to Moderator Cut: Inappropriate comment at someone because I am against illegals in our country.

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-05-2008 at 12:00 AM.. Reason: Refrain from personal insults
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 10:54 AM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 714,714 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
If you didn't think the manager was mexican, then why did you say it didn't surprise you because you had family that knows of mexicans doing that?
Because I wantd to. Why do you love illegals and show your dislike of the country we live in? See how easy it is to assume?

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-05-2008 at 12:02 AM.. Reason: Edited subtle personal insult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top