Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 06:26 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times

Advertisements

Ramos reveals his true feelings on Spanish language television -- a very different persona from what we hear of him in the English speaking media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=4a6ykH2AoAU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 08:09 PM

113 posts, read 56,916 times
Well, isn't he just off it bit here....this country actually belonged to the Native American Indians, who crossed over from the Asian/Russian plateau via the Bering straits....not Mexicans Indians, not the Spanish

Also Jorge...your "Latin genotype"counter parts, the FRENCH were living and working in the area first, as fur trappers and traders.

If he thinks the USA is "their country"perhaps Americans who are doing poorly financially here in the US should rush in and overtake their lands, jobs and medical systems...oh, wait, they would not allow that, would they? Even their large Mexican corporations hire Mexicans before foreigners.

BTW, another note about that Latin Genotype....hmm, seems like the French and European Spanish and all other nationalities that fall within that genotype should be eligible for the minority status for college application, and bennies....check that Hispanic box next time on your application, fellow Latin genotypes!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1449501/ Latino Genotypes info.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:23 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Besides Santa Anna sold most of the SW to the US for about 10million dollars on the Gadsden Purchase of 1854

It Kills me when Latinos think the Americans stole the land from Mexico!
Gadsden Purchase - Office of the Historian

https://history.state.gov/milestones...dsden-purchase
  1. Cached
  2. Similar

The Gadsden Purchase, or Treaty, was an agreement between the United States and Mexico, finalized in 1854, in which the United States agreed to pay Mexico $10 million for a 29,670 square mile portion of Mexico that later became part of Arizona and New Mexico.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:34 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
There's 50+ million Latins living in the US. The number is not clear if 100% of those are US citizens and/or permanently residents based on the Census. Even so, that means 90% of the US Latino population is present legally in the US. What he means is it's OUR country too, speaking as immigrants. The 50 million of us here are not here illegally. How is this even an illegal immigration topic if you are insinuating 100% of us are here illegally?

Old 02-27-2017, 09:12 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,005 times
Ramos is an idiot. No one is asking the almost 60 million Latinos to leave. He's conveniently lumping illegal and legal immigrants together. What you won't hear from Ramos, is the sentiment expressed by legal immigrants who want the illegals to immigrate legally.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
There's 50+ million Latins living in the US. The number is not clear if 100% of those are US citizens and/or permanently residents based on the Census. Even so, that means 90% of the US Latino population is present legally in the US. What he means is it's OUR country too, speaking as immigrants. The 50 million of us here are not here illegally. How is this even an illegal immigration topic if you are insinuating 100% of us are here illegally?
I don't think anyone on this thread is trying to "insult" you or instinuating anything, but Jorge can get a bit over the top with his rhetoric....sadly, this is one media shill that just makes my skin crawl..his voice is like nails on the proverbial chalkboard to me.:

I have met the man in person....sleazy charmer to the max...snake in the grass.

This country belongs to anyone who is a legal citizen and contributes to society, such as paying taxes and doing the best you can with and in your life. Not being an opportunist and taking what you can get away with...that makes for a fast track to a third world country and a "banana republic"....Mexico is already there, so why would anyone want to come here if you just want to watch the USA drop to a third world status?

Actually, if Jorge wants a decent relationship regarding immigration between our countries, perhaps American "should, and could" adopt the exact same immigration policy as Mexico

As JFK stated: Ask not what your country can do for YOU, ask what you can do for your COUNTRY

That includes your adopted country

Old 02-27-2017, 09:42 PM

166 posts, read 115,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeeinblack View Post
I don't think anyone on this thread is trying to "insult" you or instinuating anything, but Jorge can get a bit over the top with his rhetoric....sadly, this is one media shill that just makes my skin crawl..his voice is like nails on the proverbial chalkboard to me.:

I have met the man in person....sleazy charmer to the max...snake in the grass.

This country belongs to anyone who is a legal citizen and contributes to society, such as paying taxes and doing the best you can with and in your life. Not being an opportunist and taking what you can get away with...that makes for a fast track to a third world country and a "banana republic"....Mexico is already there, so why would anyone want to come here if you just want to watch the USA drop to a third world status?

Actually, if Jorge wants a decent relationship regarding immigration between our countries, perhaps American "should, and could" adopt the exact same immigration policy as Mexico

As JFK stated: Ask not what your country can do for YOU, ask what you can do for your COUNTRY

That includes your adopted country
Agree. This guy is always stirring things up. He conveniently leaves out pertinent details as he did is this dramatic display. Hannity to Jorge Ramos: 'You Are Willing to Gamble With the Lives of Americans' | Fox News Insider
What he neglected to say was that the woman who was deported had been convicted of felony identity theft several years ago. She was not innocent.

Here is how he justifies it. Jorge Ramos: Illegal Immigrants Use Fake ID's 'Because They Are Working For Us' | Fox News Insider

Old 02-27-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sadryheat View Post
Agree. This guy is always stirring things up. He conveniently leaves out pertinent details as he did is this dramatic display. Hannity to Jorge Ramos: 'You Are Willing to Gamble With the Lives of Americans' | Fox News Insider
What he neglected to say was that the woman who was deported had been convicted of felony identity theft several years ago. She was not innocent.

Here is how he justifies it. Jorge Ramos: Illegal Immigrants Use Fake ID's 'Because They Are Working For Us' | Fox News Insider
Whew, glad you did not misunderstand me!

Old 02-28-2017, 01:46 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
Outrageous. He is erasing the distinction between illegal and legal immigrants, and speaking as if all Latinos are immigrants and the only type of immigrants are Latino! And what does he mean the US eats, grows, sings, and dances thanks to them? What revisionist history has he been swallowing that he thinks Americans didn't know how to grow their own food before illegal aliens flooded in. I won't even touch the stupidity of the singing/dancing remark.

He is clearly not a journalist but an activist. How did he acquire dual citizenship anyway? Apparently one doesn't need to care about America or have a desire to be American. He's a millionaire and famous so I guess he just BOUGHT citizenship in our country. I would love to see it revoked.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:01 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Outrageous. He is erasing the distinction between illegal and legal immigrants, and speaking as if all Latinos are immigrants and the only type of immigrants are Latino! And what does he mean the US eats, grows, sings, and dances thanks to them? What revisionist history has he been swallowing that he thinks Americans didn't know how to grow their own food before illegal aliens flooded in. I won't even touch the stupidity of the singing/dancing remark.

He is clearly not a journalist but an activist. How did he acquire dual citizenship anyway? Apparently one doesn't need to care about America or have a desire to be American. He's a millionaire and famous so I guess he just BOUGHT citizenship in our country. I would love to see it revoked.
Whatever happened to the term "Chicano" to describe Americans of Mexican heritage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration