Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 09:46 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IF Trump DOES something like that; a LOT of people WILL want him out of office.

Tho to be fair: if Trump only gave amnesty of some Dream Act people who've been in the US UNDER about 14 years old AND those Dream people DON'T have a single "contact" with the law including jaywalking or under age drinking, that I'd be Ok with since it'd get rid of MOST illegals right there.
During the last amnesty only a third wanted legal status. They don't usually want to be an American, they want to be able to work here and earn our dollar, then send it home and get triple it in pesos.
They want to be Mexicans, from Mexico, they just want to make a U.S. dollar, and trade it in for pesos. That's how they can make so little here in slave wages, but still make enough when it's in pesos.

They don't just love America. That's the silliest thing I hear from the left. They love the money they can make in the exchange rate, not our country.

The same reasons why a lot of Americans want to retire in Mexico. The dollar goes very far there.

But, I can see that he's in the hot seat, and they have him cornered. I trust he will find his way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 12:11 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
That's what I want also. Let them be legal, get out the criminal element. Stop all the drug traffic, sex slaves, and dirty contractors that abuse illegal slave labor.

If they make it easier to be legal, great. Those who actually want to be can, and then live their lives here legally. I won't be competing with illegal slave labor anymore. That's a great thing.

Contrary to popular belief, we don't hate Mexicans. Just slave labor, and trying to compete with it. It's difficult to keep following a law when others do not.

Not rocket science, not racist either. Sorry to burst the O.P.'s balloon.
Per the bolded --- How is that fair to legal immigrants who obeyed our immigration laws, jumped through all the hoops, then waited patiently until they got permission to come here? Many wait a very long time. My next door neighbor's family came here legally when he was a kid. He told us that from the time his parents started the process to come here, it took them 10 years of waiting before they got permission to come here.

Besides, in order for illegals to survive here, they have to break the law. It's illegal for them to work here. If they are paid under the table, they are engaging in tax evasion. Americans who engage in tax evasion get sent to jail. If not tax evasion, they are committing ID theft. Or they use a fake SSN that may actually belong to a living person who then gets put into a world of hurt. Why should illegals be rewarded with amnesty?

Old 03-01-2017, 05:02 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
That's what I want also. Let them be legal, get out the criminal element. Stop all the drug traffic, sex slaves, and dirty contractors that abuse illegal slave labor.

If they make it easier to be legal, great. Those who actually want to be can, and then live their lives here legally. I won't be competing with illegal slave labor anymore. That's a great thing.

Contrary to popular belief, we don't hate Mexicans. Just slave labor, and trying to compete with it. It's difficult to keep following a law when others do not.

Not rocket science, not racist either. Sorry to burst the O.P.'s balloon.
The problem with illegals is not merely "slave labor", it has nothing to do with cost/benefit, and it has nothing to do with what country they came from.

For me, it's a matter of principle. They came here illegally and violated our laws. They must not be rewarded for that. And as others have said, it isn't fair to those who played by the rules, waited in line, and did everything they were supposed to.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:25 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
During the last amnesty only a third wanted legal status. They don't usually want to be an American, they want to be able to work here and earn our dollar, then send it home and get triple it in pesos.
They want to be Mexicans, from Mexico, they just want to make a U.S. dollar, and trade it in for pesos. That's how they can make so little here in slave wages, but still make enough when it's in pesos.

They don't just love America. That's the silliest thing I hear from the left. They love the money they can make in the exchange rate, not our country.

The same reasons why a lot of Americans want to retire in Mexico. The dollar goes very far there.

But, I can see that he's in the hot seat, and they have him cornered. I trust he will find his way.
You forgot having anchor babies to milk public assistance. They move into Section 8 housing with one of those anchors. If the government had paid to raise our kids, we could have worked for lower wages also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The problem with illegals is not merely "slave labor", it has nothing to do with cost/benefit, and it has nothing to do with what country they came from.

For me, it's a matter of principle. They came here illegally and violated our laws. They must not be rewarded for that. And as others have said, it isn't fair to those who played by the rules, waited in line, and did everything they were supposed to.
Immigration law. It should be enforced like all of our other laws are. The "no frills" approach.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:08 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,005,488 times
You people are in denial. Trump will offer an immigration compromise with a path to citizenship because he is fully aware that it's not practical to deport so many people. The Dreamers aren't going anywhere.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:40 AM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
You people are in denial. Trump will offer an immigration compromise with a path to citizenship because he is fully aware that it's not practical to deport so many people. The Dreamers aren't going anywhere.
No one is talking about rounding up millions of illegals. Just make life so tough for them that they leave on their own accord.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:55 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Uh; more illegal alien fan are in denial of the fact their goose im cooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration