Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 06:58 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
Truly awful! This needs to stop!
I feel badly for the family, but there was an order to deport him issued in 2014. I am ambivalent about this situation. Of course I don't want to see families torn apart but, on the other hand, no country in the world allows people to live in a country without proper documentation.

I don't know the entire story here. Did he commit any felonies, i.e., ID theft? This isn't anything new, by the way.

However, I agree that the way the arrest was conducted was heartbreaking. Trump keeps telling his supporters that we are getting rid of all the "bad hombres" but we are deporting parents and grandparents who aren't a danger to any of us.

OTOH, I do not want people crossing the border (no matter where they are from) unless they follow the law. It's sad to see this, but it's also sad when a drunk driver who has a family is thrown in jail or a car is repossessed because a mother of 3 didn't pay the bank. When people break the law or don't follow the rules, there are consequences.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:06 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Here's what happens when illegals sneak into the country. Probably DACA kids.

Illegals accused in satanic rape, murder in Houston

Quote:
Two illegal immigrant gang members from El Salvador who had a Satanic shrine in their Houston apartment are suspects in the killing of one teenager and the kidnapping of another, authorities said.

Gang leader Miguel Angel Alvarez-Flores, 22, who also goes by ‘Diabolico,’ and 18-year-old Diego Alexan Hernandez-Rivera appeared in Houston court Wednesday on charges of aggravated kidnapping and murder.

The MS-13 gang members laughed, smiled and waved in court.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:09 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I feel badly for the family, but there was an order to deport him issued in 2014. I am ambivalent about this situation. Of course I don't want to see families torn apart but, on the other hand, no country in the world allows people to live in a country without proper documentation.

I don't know the entire story here. Did he commit any felonies, i.e., ID theft? This isn't anything new, by the way.

However, I agree that the way the arrest was conducted was heartbreaking. Trump keeps telling his supporters that we are getting rid of all the "bad hombres" but we are deporting parents and grandparents who aren't a danger to any of us.

OTOH, I do not want people crossing the border (no matter where they are from) unless they follow the law. It's sad to see this, but it's also sad when a drunk driver who has a family is thrown in jail or a car is repossessed because a mother of 3 didn't pay the bank. When people break the law or don't follow the rules, there are consequences.
The family isn't torn apart, they can go with him if they choose.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:13 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Here's a more fair description:

Father enters country illegally. Doesn't even bother applying for citizenship even after living here for more than 13 years. Lawlessness ends up putting entire family in bad situation. Then acts like a victim.

the point of the story should be why this guy was here 13 years without him going to an immigration lawyer so he can start the process of being legal?

13 years is 3 terms of a Presidential Administrations plus 1 year.

and he is shocked that he was arrested?

Old 03-04-2017, 07:25 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,658,751 times
The important thing is that we recognize that this action is

1) The complete and total solution to stagnating wages;
2) Going to "bring back jerbs" any day now to idiots in flyover country;
3) Surely not going to hideously backfire on us in any way.

What an efficient use of resources.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:31 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post

What an appropriate username.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:33 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times

GOOD...finally, we are doing something about these criminals

Old 03-04-2017, 07:35 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,144,277 times
Quote:

Yes, anyone that makes it across the border should be exempted from deportation. And since they're "undocumented", they won't even have to pay taxes. Such practical genius coming from the left.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:39 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,658,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Yes, anyone that makes it across the border should be exempted from deportation. And since they're "undocumented", they won't even have to pay taxes. Such practical genius coming from the left.
Once again, you fail to address any of my arguments.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:42 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,144,277 times
Quote:
Once again, you fail to address any of my arguments.
That's because you didn't make any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration