Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2017, 04:01 PM

25,670 posts, read 21,832,413 times

Advertisements

So, an article ran on "undocumented" immigrants in the newspaper got me to wondering and doing some "research". We have a Tyson plant, one that used to be a regular in the workplace raids in the mid-90s when my son attended college here. He said they would raid them, a bus would arrive out front of the plant on Monday full of more of them that started work.

One of the people posting that no American would want to be on the cleaning crew there sent me on a search to see if Tyson did e-verify and yes, they have been e-verifying for several years now. So, then, I wondered if e-verify did detect those committing identity theft and no, it did not until 2013 when they "enhanced" the system. The article says that 50% of illegals use the stolen identities to get employment where e-verify was being used. So, that clears up some of the what I am seeing.

HR Alert: Will E-Verify Know if Your New Hire is Using a Stolen Social Security Number? | LawLogix.com and a longer explanation: https://www.mmhpc.com/2013/12/uscis-...d-in-e-verify/

I get tired of "unauthorized" workers too! Why, as a group, can't we just call them people that committed a crime to enter the country and continue committing crimes to stay here!

https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify It costs the employer nothing and will save the taxpayers a bundle. We might all be able to then afford 5 or 6 kids and a new crew-cab pickup! I always know when they shopping, parking lot is full of hew crew-cab pickups!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 04:12 PM

19,732 posts, read 11,976,765 times
When I checked locally to see which employers used e-verify, very few did, abou 5%. Most surprisingly, none of the local city agencies nor school systems did. Why would employers not want to utilize e-verify?

Old 03-04-2017, 04:27 PM

I suspect they don't use it because they know that many of the employees may be illegal aliens. In another article, it said just because they signed up, it doesn't mean they are actually using it. I wasn't too pleased to read that.

Here, we have a LOT of illegals and as they turn the town into a 3rd world dump, there is out migration, so it happens that in time, there is no one else applying for the jobs, and trust me when I tell you that it doesn't take long to recognize who is and is not legally present.

Old 03-04-2017, 04:37 PM

42,748 posts, read 25,957,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
So, an article ran on "undocumented" immigrants in the newspaper got me to wondering and doing some "research". We have a Tyson plant, one that used to be a regular in the workplace raids in the mid-90s when my son attended college here. He said they would raid them, a bus would arrive out front of the plant on Monday full of more of them that started work.

One of the people posting that no American would want to be on the cleaning crew there sent me on a search to see if Tyson did e-verify and yes, they have been e-verifying for several years now. So, then, I wondered if e-verify did detect those committing identity theft and no, it did not until 2013 when they "enhanced" the system. The article says that 50% of illegals use the stolen identities to get employment where e-verify was being used. So, that clears up some of the what I am seeing.

HR Alert: Will E-Verify Know if Your New Hire is Using a Stolen Social Security Number? | LawLogix.com and a longer explanation: https://www.mmhpc.com/2013/12/uscis-...d-in-e-verify/

I get tired of "unauthorized" workers too! Why, as a group, can't we just call them people that committed a crime to enter the country and continue committing crimes to stay here!

https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify It costs the employer nothing and will save the taxpayers a bundle. We might all be able to then afford 5 or 6 kids and a new crew-cab pickup! I always know when they shopping, parking lot is full of hew crew-cab pickups!
I've seen employers claim they use e-verify and they actually weren't. It has always worked, it's not perfect but it's a good deterrent. The largest error rate is when the employer enters the name wrong usually mistake would involve entering Jose Rodriguez Lopez instead of Jose Lopez Rodriguez. The error rate is usually cited as being .3 to .7 %

Old 03-05-2017, 09:26 AM

88,628 posts, read 44,352,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
When I checked locally to see which employers used e-verify, very few did, abou 5%. Most surprisingly, none of the local city agencies nor school systems did. Why would employers not want to utilize e-verify?
Seriously? Both California and New York allow illegal aliens to practice law.

Undocumented immigrant can practice law in California, court rules - CNN.com

César Vargas Just Became New York's First Undocumented Immigrant Lawyer - NY Mag

State officials know damned well they're in the country illegally, yet they are still given a license to practice law.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:51 PM

I thought to practice law, a lawyer had to be on board with following the laws of the United States?

Just a year ago, a provision to e-verify technical and college employees was "narrowly" passed in KS, previously Kansas legislators (think nearly all Republican) rejected efforts to adopt e-verify provisions for state and state contracted employees. If these politicians were serving the people that elected them and not the business community, they wouldn't allow illegal aliens to work for state tax dollars. We have so many citizen construction workers out of work, outbid by those using the illegal labor.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:50 AM

412 posts, read 382,846 times
Quote:
I suspect they don't use it because they know that many of the employees may be illegal aliens. In another article, it said just because they signed up, it doesn't mean they are actually using it. I wasn't too pleased to read that.

Here, we have a LOT of illegals and as they turn the town into a 3rd world dump, there is out migration, so it happens that in time, there is no one else applying for the jobs, and trust me when I tell you that it doesn't take long to recognize who is and is not legally present.
Illegal workers can be exploited. Slaughterhouses subject them to extreme dangers knowing if one of them dies, the relatives don't DARE raise a fuss!

Old 03-12-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTimeSEALover View Post
Illegal workers can be exploited. Slaughterhouses subject them to extreme dangers knowing if one of them dies, the relatives don't DARE raise a fuss!
And? So, you seem to be saying that their relatives don't care about them one way or the other? That would fall in line with them abandoning their children if they are deported to their "country". These people have choices and make them just like anyone else. If I have my way, this won't be a problem in the future!

Of course they are exploited, why do you think they are still here in the USA when they shouldn't be? Cheap labor for the employers and we, the taxpayers, pick up the tab on their housing, emergency medical care, pre-natal and delivery of their anchor babies, food stamps and of course, there constant demand for charitable help from others.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:41 PM

412 posts, read 382,846 times
Quote:
And? So, you seem to be saying that their relatives don't care about them one way or the other? That would fall in line with them abandoning their children if they are deported to their "country". These people have choices and make them just like anyone else. If I have my way, this won't be a problem in the future!

Of course they are exploited, why do you think they are still here in the USA when they shouldn't be? Cheap labor for the employers and we, the taxpayers, pick up the tab on their housing, emergency medical care, pre-natal and delivery of their anchor babies, food stamps and of course, there constant demand for charitable help from others.
I think it was very clear what I was saying. Employers like to staff people without documentation because they are so EASY to subject to illegal working conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration