Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 07:12 PM

226 posts, read 312,090 times

Advertisements

They were just talking about McCain on the news and they said they were talking about how at one time they thought the immigration issue killed him at one point. And they said his win showed that it isn't an issue with America.

How so untrue..what are our choices??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 07:23 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
It is very true.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:38 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Fox news - that right there tells you all you need to know. Don't believe a word out of their mouth.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:04 PM

258 posts, read 1,505,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Fox news - that right there tells you all you need to know. Don't believe a word out of their mouth.
I agree, how can anyone watch that channel? You are better off watching Entertainment Tonight

Old 03-05-2008, 04:56 AM

226 posts, read 312,090 times
So true, I could not believe it when they said that, are they not paying attention!! I won't watch Fox news live again!!

Old 03-05-2008, 07:25 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Well, McCain has been blathering on about being the "pro-enforcement" candidate. He is now proclaiming that his biggest concern is to secure our borders before anything else is put out on the table. The American Sheeple, being the forgetful, American Idol-centered, enough-with-politics-already type of folks that they are, have completely forgotten that McCain wanted to give amnesty to 20 million lawbreakers and are embracing the "secure our borders first" promises McCain is putting forth.

McCain Retools Immigration Stance

WASHINGTON (AP) — John McCain faces a dilemma on immigration as he works to persuade conservatives he's tough enough on the issue without erasing his historic appeal to Hispanic voters.

Once a crusader for offering the nation's roughly 12 million undocumented immigrants a way to get legal status, McCain now says his first priority is fortifying U.S. borders.

The Associated Press: McCain Retools Immigration Stance (broken link)

Old 03-05-2008, 07:37 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,874 times
I think the American people are realizing now that the illegal immigration issue is being handled by the states.

Most all of the candidates are pro-illegals.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:40 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
FOX news is so busy giving you the weather 9 times throughout the half hour and more commercials then you can shake a stick at that I am surprised there was enough time to tell a story about McAmnesty.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:20 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I think the American people are realizing now that the illegal immigration issue is being handled by the states.

Most all of the candidates are pro-illegals.
You've got that right! And YES illegal aliens and border security still are a huge issue to the majority of we legal Americans. I've also noticed that Fox News is changing. It is slowly following the other MSM channels down the tubes. Thanks to it's liberal owner, Rupert Murdock (who's supporting Obama).

Old 03-05-2008, 10:45 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
[quote=cousinsal;3037578]I think the American people are realizing now that the illegal immigration issue is being handled by the states.

Most all of the candidates are pro-illegals.[/QUOTE]

Of course they are - they are all pandering to corporate America. They know who butters their bread. No one truly benefits from illegal aliens being here except for the corps that exploit them. Joe Citizen is actually taking it where it hurts, but candidates are impervious of Joe Citizen's plight. Until all Joe Citizens unite efforts and demand the laws to be upheld and enforced, and our rights protected, this situation will continue as this country swirls down the bowl into 3rd world status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration