Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 06:23 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,484,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
ICE agents are guys and gals who flunked out of police academies for local police forces or state police or FBI.

They are poorly educated goons, at best.

They cost the US millions in settlements of lawsuits for abuse of powers, use of excessive force, overstepping laws.
Are you even aware of the requirements to be an ICE agent? They didn't flunk out of police academies and they are required to be bilingual and have a 4 year degree

Old 03-17-2017, 07:00 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
Are you even aware of the requirements to be an ICE agent? They didn't flunk out of police academies and they are required to be bilingual and have a 4 year degree
ICE allows the education requirement to be waived if the applicant is a military veteran. Most are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 07:14 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,655 times
Quote:
ICE agents are guys and gals who flunked out of police academies for local police forces or state police or FBI.

They cost the US millions in settlements of lawsuits for abuse of powers, use of excessive force, overstepping laws.
Any data to back up this stupid assertion?

Old 03-17-2017, 08:13 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
ICE allows the education requirement to be waived if the applicant is a military veteran. Most are.
As well it should be. I'll bet you don't have either, is this job envy?

Old 03-17-2017, 08:27 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Presidential executive order should NOT usurp the constitution. Trump clearly discriminates against Muslims and Mexican immigrants. The country that sent the majority of the hijackers were excluded from the barred countries. Federal judges will keep on striking down this illegal order. Mr. Trump needs to focus his energy on common sense immigration reform.
Not true at all. Do you have examples to prove your point? I know you don't, so don't be embarrassed by not posting them. Mexican immigrants? Are you talking about illegal aliens? My guess would be "yes".

Quote:

Again, do you have a link for this? What is your experience with ICE agents that makes you believe such nonsense? Your attitude is often associated with someone being rejected for a job in a certain field.

Quote:
Great! As a veteran, I can certainly see how many of those trained by the military would be a great fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
As well it should be. I'll bet you don't have either, is this job envy?

Old 03-17-2017, 09:14 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Presidential executive order should NOT usurp the constitution. Trump clearly discriminates against Muslims and Mexican immigrants. The country that sent the majority of the hijackers were excluded from the barred countries. Federal judges will keep on striking down this illegal order. Mr. Trump needs to focus his energy on common sense immigration reform.
Does Trump's immigration policy single out Mexicans or all Muslims? In case you forgot, Trump's list of banned countries originated with Obama.
Personally I think that we should ban immigration from countries that openly hostile towards the USA and I would include Saudi Arabia on that list.
As far as singling out Mexicans, I have not seen any EO by Trump that specifically targets Mexicans.
Grabbing up illegals at court houses is smart.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:16 AM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:

Do you have any proof to back up your assertions?

Old 03-17-2017, 11:28 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,427,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
ICE doing their jobs. Finally.
ICE has always wanted to do their job, but the previous President and Administration held their power back and did not allow them the exercise their authority.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:29 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
ICE should send extra agents just for fun.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:38 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,427,778 times
Quote:

Are you an Illegal Alien? Criminal that has served time? I know you won't admit it on here.

You are a fool. ICE is a Federal Agency like the DEA, ATF, CBP. Most all local cops I know what to go Federal to one of these agencies. The training is very good in Brunswick, GA at the Federal Academy and many ICE agents I know have college degrees. Now, unfortunately, some of the trainees flunk out the Federal Academy. Many of the Federal Agents for ICE have been local police officers before going Federal.

For the thread: ICE will not stop targeting courthouses, and this law breaking Judge will have his wish short lived. Only in California , that's for sure.

Where are your facts about the millions in lawsuits to back up your ridiculous claim? You are very ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration