Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2017, 08:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
A good number of Republicans in Congress are for comprehensive immigration reform. I bet if it were put up for a simple up or down vote, it would pass. I don't care for politics, I just want illegals to have the opportunity that I and many Americans have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
They have the opportunity, nobody is stopping them from applying. They can apply and legally emigrate like every other legal resident and citizen has. There is no black magic behind it. No need to reform anything.
Like max210 said.

Too; what gives the "right" for some damn illegal alien to cut in line in front of a legal alien? Better those illegals ALWAYS stay illegal and scared. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2017, 06:20 AM

1,225 posts, read 605,883 times
Quote:
They have the opportunity, nobody is stopping them from applying. They can apply and legally emigrate like every other legal resident and citizen has. There is no black magic behind it. No need to reform anything.
Their skill set may hamper them. That's why they don't

Old 05-14-2017, 11:30 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
There's a reason for that. No need to reform anything.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
There's a reason for that. No need to reform anything.
I didn't say it wasn't right

Old 05-14-2017, 01:24 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
I didn't say it wasn't right
No need to reform anything.

Old 05-14-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
No need to reform anything.
I didn't say it was necessary

Old 05-14-2017, 02:16 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
A good number of Republicans in Congress are for comprehensive immigration reform. I bet if it were put up for a simple up or down vote, it would pass. I don't care for politics, I just want illegals to have the opportunity that I and many Americans have.
I want them to have the same opportunity that any other criminal in the US has, the opportunity to be held personally responsible for not abiding by the laws. You're only dreaming on making illegal legal, it just isn't, that is why they have two separate words for it.

Quote:
You figure those with a history of drunk driving would not be let in and also those that rape children would be blocked and those that don't differentiate between "mine" and "yours" would have to had issues in their own countries so wouldn't be able to come in. Appears those coming in illegally might never have been allowed to come in legally which is yet another reason to remove them ASAP.

Quote:
Their history when it comes to criminal acts I suspect with many of them.

Old 05-14-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I want them to have the same opportunity that any other criminal in the US has, the opportunity to be held personally responsible for not abiding by the laws. You're only dreaming on making illegal legal, it just isn't, that is why they have two separate words for it.

You figure those with a history of drunk driving would not be let in and also those that rape children would be blocked and those that don't differentiate between "mine" and "yours" would have to had issues in their own countries so wouldn't be able to come in. Appears those coming in illegally might never have been allowed to come in legally which is yet another reason to remove them ASAP.

Their history when it comes to criminal acts I suspect with many of them.
Believe it or not, criminal history isn't a huge damper for immigration unless it's due to drugs.

Old 05-14-2017, 06:44 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Unfortunately, I think this poll is probably correct. But, only because the Democrats have worked tirelessly to conflate the terms immigrant and illegal immigrant into one meaning. If Americans had the real numbers and explanation, it would be just the opposite at the very least.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:47 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
95 % of liberals believe EVERY word CNN says.

Let's look at this "credible" poll

"
28% described themselves as Democrats,
25% described themselves as Republicans
, and 47% described themselves as independents or members of another party.

All respondents were asked questions concerning basic demographics, and the entire sample was weighted to reflect national Census figures for gender, race, age, education, region of country, and telephone usage.Crosstabs on the following pages only include results for subgroups with enough unweighted cases to produce a sampling error of +/-8.5 percentage points or less. Some subgroups represent too small a share of the national population to produce
crosstabs with an acceptable sampling error. Interviews were conducted among these subgroups, but results for groups
with a sampling error larger than +/-8.5 percentage point"

OK it is CNN so it is NOT surprising that they polled MORE dems then repubs.

Why do yo think they do that considering how much more the repubs hold political offices all across the U.S.?

" a sampling error of +/-8.5 percentage points"

After the debacle of the polls after this last election I believe some STILL believe them
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Unfortunately, I think this poll is probably correct. But, only because the Democrats have worked tirelessly to conflate the terms immigrant and illegal immigrant into one meaning. If Americans had the real numbers and explanation, it would be just the opposite at the very least.

"Unfortunately, I think this poll is probably correct."

Think again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration