U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-05-2008, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Denver
9,068 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5289

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
Yes, I do agree that the pro-illegal people have made this into a Hispanic issue. Most of us on the anti-illegal side dislike ALL illegals no matter where they came from ro what their race and/or ethnicity happens to be. The pro-illegal people and the illegals have much hatred of whomever happens to be for the laws of the country being followed.
Sorry I disagree, read the threads in this forum and others, listen to Lou Dobbs and O'Rielly. They almost always depict the illegal as hispanic. Count the endless hate threads here on this forum that specifically state Mexican or Hispanic.

Anyhow VP we have been through this before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-05-2008, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 715,799 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Sorry I disagree, read the threads in this forum and others, listen to Lou Dobbs and O'Rielly. They almost always depict the illegal as hispanic. Count the endless hate threads here on this forum that specifically state Mexican or Hispanic.

Anyhow VP we have been through this before.
I am not this VP person and guess what, the majority of illegals in this country happen to be from Mexico and huge amount from further south, thuse...they are Hispanic. DUH!!!!! So, I wonder why most people think of Hispanics when they think of illegals? Oh, it could be because it happened to be Hispanics who were out in the streets DEMANDING rights for illegals, rights they have no right to.

BTW, quite calling me by another person's name or you will be turned in for harassement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 10:18 AM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
19,003 posts, read 21,996,295 times
Reputation: 6558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yes, there is too much hate, Lou Dobbs and Bill O'Reilly have definitely fueled it. It is an immigration problem, that has been made nothing but a hispanic problem, I think Lou and Bill should be fired for hate mongering.

It is pretty bad when legal citizens are being targeted too, just because they look hispanic.

...


Oh but here come the comments:
"Well if it weren't one group doing it, we wouldn't have to hate them"
"Hispanics can blame the illegals that came here for why they are being hated so much"

Great logic there.
Yup - same thing as the old wife-beating excuse "Now look what YOU made me do! You shouldn't have made me so mad."

People doing evil ALWAYS look to excuse themselves - it's the only way they can face what they are doing. It's the reason evil continues to exist, and always will.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 715,799 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup - same thing as the old wife-beating excuse "Now look what YOU made me do! You shouldn't have made me so mad."

People doing evil ALWAYS look to excuse themselves - it's the only way they can face what they are doing. It's the reason evil continues to exist, and always will.

Ken
Thank you and you are right. It is the same as the excuses that illegals and those that love them like to pull, like, "What about the citizens that are criminals?" Yep, they do like excuse their criminal and evil actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 10:23 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,638,049 times
Reputation: 2983
Sorry, but I just can't take Geraldo seriously. I stayed with him through the "Al Capone vault" incident (the vault turned out to be empty)....I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he taunted the White Supremacist in Wisconsin into FINALLY taking a swing at him (and proudly showed off his resultant bloody nose)...but I finally lost ALL respect for the man during a Florida hurricane...the camera panned onto Geraldo, idly chatting beside a stop sign. When he came into camera range, Geraldo leaned over, grabbed onto the sign post for 'dear life', and began shouting at the top of his lungs about the devastation around him, and the "danger' he was in. He then straightened up as the camera panned away.

I don't think I'd want Geraldo taking MY side in any serious issue....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 10:25 AM
 
Location: Denver
9,068 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5289
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
I am not this VP person and guess what, the majority of illegals in this country happen to be from Mexico and huge amount from further south, thuse...they are Hispanic. DUH!!!!! So, I wonder why most people think of Hispanics when they think of illegals? Oh, it could be because it happened to be Hispanics who were out in the streets DEMANDING rights for illegals, rights they have no right to.

BTW, quite calling me by another person's name or you will be turned in for harassement.
So on one side you say "We don't care what they are, we hate ALL illegals"
But on the other side "Well guess what! They are Hispanics, so of course we are going to hate them the most".

Anyhow, VP = vehement poster. Not sure what person you think I was referring to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 10:25 AM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 715,799 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Sorry, but I just can't take Geraldo seriously. I stayed with him through the "Al Capone vault" incident (the vault turned out to be empty)....I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he taunted the White Supremacist in Wisconsin into FINALLY taking a swing at him (and proudly showed off his resultant bloody nose)...but I finally lost ALL respect for the man during a Florida hurricane...the camera panned onto Geraldo, idly chatting beside a stop sign. When he came into camera range, Geraldo leaned over, grabbed onto the sign post for 'dear life', and began shouting at the top of his lungs about the devastation around him, and the "danger' he was in. He then straightened up as the camera panned away.

I don't think I'd want Geraldo taking MY side in any serious issue....
I remember that during the hurricane. It was hilarious, to say the least. I can't imagine anyone taking the man seriously at all. He is nothing and has lost any credibility he might have had years ago. He is working for FNN because they are the only ones who hire his lying butt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 10:27 AM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 715,799 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
So on one side you say "We don't care what they are, we hate ALL illegals"
But on the other side "Well guess what! They are Hispanics, so of course we are going to hate them the most".

Anyhow, VP = vehement poster. Not sure what person you think I was referring to.
You know better than that and you called be a veiledprohet person before and you know it. STOP it or get turned in. Simple enough. Do you understand? I am not taken in by your machinations at all.

I never said that just because the majority of the illegals are Hispanic is the reason to hate them the most. Either post when I said that ot retract your lie about me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Denver
9,068 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5289
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Sorry, but I just can't take Geraldo seriously. I stayed with him through the "Al Capone vault" incident (the vault turned out to be empty)....I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he taunted the White Supremacist in Wisconsin into FINALLY taking a swing at him (and proudly showed off his resultant bloody nose)...but I finally lost ALL respect for the man during a Florida hurricane...the camera panned onto Geraldo, idly chatting beside a stop sign. When he came into camera range, Geraldo leaned over, grabbed onto the sign post for 'dear life', and began shouting at the top of his lungs about the devastation around him, and the "danger' he was in. He then straightened up as the camera panned away.

I don't think I'd want Geraldo taking MY side in any serious issue....
I never liked the guy since he only found a bottle at Al Capones "treasure".
However, I have to agree with him on this topic, there is too much hate going around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Denver
9,068 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5289
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
You know better than that and you called be a veiledprohet person before and you know it. STOP it or get turned in. Simple enough. Do you understand? I am not taken in by your machinations at all.

I never said that just because the majority of the illegals are Hispanic is the reason to hate them the most. Either post when I said that ot retract your lie about me.
I am not retracting what I interpret your post saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top