Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 07:23 AM

407 posts, read 800,063 times

Advertisements

His Panic : Geraldo Rivera Won't Shake Lou Dobbs' Hand

I wonder how many know Geraldo's Christian name, the name he had on his birth certificate at the time of his birth. His real name was Jerry Rivers. He changed his name to sound more Latino and we all know why. He is such a sleazeball and not worth the time really. I will give him this though, the title of his book is catchy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 07:31 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,130 times
So, is he latino or not? Doesn't sound like it.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
So, is he latino or not? Doesn't sound like it.
He is Puerto Rican and American but Latino.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:06 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,634 times
Geraldo is half Jewish.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:15 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,507,975 times
Yeah, he's a real class act. I remember his comments about his wanting to spit in Michele Malkin's face. What a looser.......

Old 03-05-2008, 08:19 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
I'm not a big fan of Geraldo, but I agree with him 100% on this issue.
There is ENORMOUS hate-mongering on this issue - the vast majority completely unfounded, and I see it ALL the time on this very board.

Illegal immigration is a serious issue that needs to be addressed - but the "foaming at the mouth" hatred so often seen is NOT the way to do it.

Ken

Old 03-05-2008, 09:04 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Yes, there is too much hate, Lou Dobbs and Bill O'Reilly have definitely fueled it. It is an immigration problem, that has been made nothing but a hispanic problem, I think Lou and Bill should be fired for hate mongering.

It is pretty bad when legal citizens are being targeted too, just because they look hispanic.

Oh but here come the comments:
"Well if it weren't one group doing it, we wouldn't have to hate them"
"Hispanics can blame the illegals that came here for why they are being hated so much"

Great logic there.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I'm not a big fan of Geraldo, but I agree with him 100% on this issue.
There is ENORMOUS hate-mongering on this issue - the vast majority completely unfounded, and I see it ALL the time on this very board.

Illegal immigration is a serious issue that needs to be addressed - but the "foaming at the mouth" hatred so often seen is NOT the way to do it.

Ken
Yes, I do agree that the pro-illegal people have made this into a Hispanic issue. Most of us on the anti-illegal side dislike ALL illegals no matter where they came from ro what their race and/or ethnicity happens to be. The pro-illegal people and the illegals have much hatred of whomever happens to be for the laws of the country being followed.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yes, there is too much hate, Lou Dobbs and Bill O'Reilly have definitely fueled it. It is an immigration problem, that has been made nothing but a hispanic problem, I think Lou and Bill should be fired for hate mongering.

It is pretty bad when legal citizens are being targeted too, just because they look hispanic.
Actually, it happens to be the pr-illegal lobbies and the illegals themselves who have fueled the hate. It is an invasion problem. Legal immigration is a problem but nothing like the illegal invasion of our country. The only reason you can't stand Lou Dobbs is because he states the truth and that just grates at the pro-illegal crowd. BTW, I am not a fan of O'Reilly but about illegals he happens to be correct, except that he is also for amnesty in the long run.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:13 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yup, and the Republicans will pay that price at the ballot box this next election. They have really alienated many Hispanics - who because they are culturally and religiously generally conservative, would typically tend to support the Republican party. Now - even if they are against illegal immigration as a issue - many of them are REALLY starting to feel targeted by all the hate. Afterall, how do you tell just by looking at a Hispanic whether they are here legally or not?

The Republicans have really shot themselves in the foot with the way some many of them (or at least the more vocal ones) have handled this issue.

I'm sure of course that many of the "foaming at the mouth" crowd here will disagree, but that's what I see going on.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration