Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 06:42 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Good! Hilarious how they try to paint all immigrants, even illegals, the same. If you are here illegally you better watch your 6's.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.159d40f5b565
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 08:51 PM

1,184 posts, read 720,377 times
Man this is messed up...legal or illegal immigrants why must we pay for their food? Whoever sponsored them initially should be on the hook for new immigrants for life. Should deport as soon as they ask for a govt hand out....

Old 03-17-2017, 03:51 AM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Man this is messed up...legal or illegal immigrants why must we pay for their food? Whoever sponsored them initially should be on the hook for new immigrants for life. Should deport as soon as they ask for a govt hand out....
I agree with the bolded part but the latter are too extreme. Presently a sponsor is on the hook for the immigrant until they become naturalized (says so in the contract they sign with the govt). Deporting otherwise law-abiding citizens is not the solution. We, as in the majority of Americans, want to see common sense immigration reform with a path for citizenship for those here who haven't committed serious crimes. Thankfully, this will happen sooner rather than later.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:58 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,407,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9
Man this is messed up...legal or illegal immigrants why must we pay for their food?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
We, as in the majority of Americans, want to see common sense immigration reform with a path for citizenship for those here who haven't committed serious crimes.
+1. I guess I'm cruel and heartless, I've never understood how this was/is even possible. We want to stem the flow of illegal aliens, and yet we entice them with free stuff? Instead of spending more on enforcement straining spending, maybe spend less on free stuff?
Quote:
According to the Department of Agriculture, 1.5 million noncitizens received food stamps in the 2015 fiscal year, as did 3.9 million citizen children living with noncitizen adults.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
That is the problem though. Half of all illegals never had a sponsor to begin with. We need to implement a bond style visa like other countries do and when they skip out let the bounty hunters find them. Use part of the bond money to pay for deportation and the bounty hunters keep the rest.

THAT is "common sense" immigration.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
I agree with the bolded part but the latter are too extreme. Presently a sponsor is on the hook for the immigrant until they become naturalized (says so in the contract they sign with the govt). Deporting otherwise law-abiding citizens is not the solution. We, as in the majority of Americans, want to see common sense immigration reform with a path for citizenship for those here who haven't committed serious crimes. Thankfully, this will happen sooner rather than later.
There is no "common sense" in breaking our laws. Thankfully, for the time being ALL illegals are fair game for deportation.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:17 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Law-abiding citizens? I thought we were talking about immigrants. You mean, an immigrant after they have gotten their citizenship, right. They would never be deported. We DO NOT deport US citizens. I can't believe people fall for that. NO US CITIZENS WILL BE DEPORTED!

Actually, it is myth that Americans want to see a path for citizenship, and think about it, Hillary Clinton would be POTUS if that was true. We have enough people on welfare without adding millions more. So, if you would write off the crime of entering the US without authorization since you are considering that not a serious crime, even though it is, would you release the over one million US citizens in prison for non-violent crimes? Please keep in mind that these criminals are separated from the their families, including children, children that often end up in foster care, families without the income that was brought in by the now imprisoned citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
+1. I guess I'm cruel and heartless, I've never understood how this was/is even possible. We want to stem the flow of illegal aliens, and yet we entice them with free stuff? Instead of spending more on enforcement straining spending, maybe spend less on free stuff?
I think I saw an article where Trump was looking at that: Trump considering order that would target immigrants on welfare or likely to rely on welfare | Nation / World | journalnow.com I am tired of being the world's dumping ground for their undesirables, we have our own! Most American citizens only have the number of children they can support while illegals have 5 or 6 that we, the taxpayers, birth and raise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There is no "common sense" in breaking our laws. Thankfully, for the time being ALL illegals are fair game for deportation.
At last! Hope they stay on the path of chipping away and letting ICE, border patrol and local law enforcement do their jobs. "Chip, chip, chip.............." and for those that fear that next traffic stop or knock at the door, they have the chance to load up their car and go "home".

Old 03-17-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Law-abiding citizens? I thought we were talking about immigrants. You mean, an immigrant after they have gotten their citizenship, right. They would never be deported. We DO NOT deport US citizens. I can't believe people fall for that. NO US CITIZENS WILL BE DEPORTED!

Actually, it is myth that Americans want to see a path for citizenship, and think about it, Hillary Clinton would be POTUS if that was true. We have enough people on welfare without adding millions more. So, if you would write off the crime of entering the US without authorization since you are considering that not a serious crime, even though it is, would you release the over one million US citizens in prison for non-violent crimes? Please keep in mind that these criminals are separated from the their families, including children, children that often end up in foster care, families without the income that was brought in by the now imprisoned citizen.

I think I saw an article where Trump was looking at that: Trump considering order that would target immigrants on welfare or likely to rely on welfare | Nation / World | journalnow.com I am tired of being the world's dumping ground for their undesirables, we have our own! Most American citizens only have the number of children they can support while illegals have 5 or 6 that we, the taxpayers, birth and raise!

At last! Hope they stay on the path of chipping away and letting ICE, border patrol and local law enforcement do their jobs. "Chip, chip, chip.............." and for those that fear that next traffic stop or knock at the door, they have the chance to load up their car and go "home".
The fear of deportation will do more than any wall (self deportation) but we have to ensure they can't come back once eradicated or we'll face this problem again.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:31 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The fear of deportation will do more than any wall (self deportation) but we have to ensure they can't come back once eradicated or we'll face this problem again.
This is what many do not understand though. We also have to do something drastic when it comes to employers and working under the table and put some teeth in "aiding and abetting".

Old 03-17-2017, 08:45 AM

477 posts, read 276,528 times
Quote:
otherwise law-abiding citizens
So if that's the ONLY law they break they're cool?

Do the rest of us get to tell a police officer the ONLY law we're breaking at the moment is speeding, can you cut us some slack?

I get it, it's a "victimless" crime, right? They're not making life harder for legal immigrants or stealing taxpayer money right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration