U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:02 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times

Advertisements

New York (CNN)Ninety-seven people are at Catholic Charities this morning. It feels like a hospital waiting room.

The sense of anticipation is palpable: Every time a charity worker comes to the front of the room with a clipboard, everyone looks up, waiting for their names to be called. For their questions to be answered.

How immigrants are preparing for the worst - CNN.com

Time for ICE to get on the Catholic Church here. If that church really cared about its flock; it'd try to help those people in their own countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 08:17 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
So, someone knocks at your door, the first question you ask is "Do you have a search warrant?" Funny, I would never have thought of that unless I was a criminal. Kind of tattletails on one's self doesn't it?

And, Marabelle, a dreamer, wants to get her child more speech therapy. If Marabelle wouldn't have been here illegally, my son would have gotten the speech therapy he needed, yet he didn't since English as a Second Language was overburdening the school district in southern AZ.

I will give her credit for saying that whatever happens, they will be together. I know many, once the anchor won't bring in a check, want to leave them behind, of course, I guess the check will come in and can be sent out of the country like so much of the other funds illegal aliens get their hands on. Ah, it the oldest gets legal status at 21, she could maybe ride on his coattails. To heck with birth control when it can do things like that for someone.

Her daughter is a college student, wonder how they pay for that. They didn't mention anything about the father. Catholic? Immaculate conception?

I got confused, Marabelle is a dreamer, Maria is worried about having to go back to her country, I thought she was an anchor? She calls it "OUR" country, I see no reason for a "surprise" there that they would have to return to their country if here illegally. Don't these people listen to the news?

Then it goes on to another who wanted to escape poverty and violence. Sadly, these people bring their problems here and we have many here, our own citizens, who need help in escaping violence and poverty which continues to be fueled by not enforcing our immigration law.

Sorry, this is not your country, we have laws just like the country you left.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:22 AM

9,801 posts, read 7,111,943 times
Your title is misleading OP.

Why should immigrants brace for deportation ?? It is the ones who came here illegally that should be worried.
I'm married to an immigrant who chose the legal path to her green card and she is not worried at all.

It is a trick of the Liberal Media to lump illegals in with those who followed the laws by calling them all immigrants.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:27 AM

5,765 posts, read 2,960,083 times
Hispanics are the Catholics real "base" now. They are the largest group left in that silly religion who are one of the few groups still willing to donate big bucks to all the pedophile priests, gold-encrusted churches, and willing to worry everyday about the complications of praying and rubbing rosemarie's to the appropriate saint of which there are thousands, and how to stay out of hell or limbo by not eating any meat on Fridays, and god-forbid the use of birth control. Hispanics still buy all that....so Catholic Churches are willing to break our country's laws (sin!) to pander to them.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:45 AM

1,172 posts, read 541,087 times
The trick for the liberal media is to say that Trump is against immigrants and they keep repeating it so as to me make him a bigot.

They won't say that most Americans are against illegal immigrants and that the people elected Trump based on his firm stance on illegal immigration. That they won't tell you.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Your title is misleading OP.

Why should immigrants brace for deportation ?? It is the ones who came here illegally that should be worried.
I'm married to an immigrant who chose the legal path to her green card and she is not worried at all.

It is a trick of the Liberal Media to lump illegals in with those who followed the laws by calling them all immigrants.
Everything above the link was a direct copy and paste from the source article. My words are below that link.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:47 PM

3,031 posts, read 2,863,759 times
A little editing if I may...

"Scared and planning for the worst: Illegal Aliens brace for deportation"

I hate CNN so much.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:40 PM

9,801 posts, read 7,111,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
A little editing if I may...

"Scared and planning for the worst: Illegal Aliens brace for deportation"

I hate CNN so much.

Imagine if the media returned to telling the truth and not twisting words to promote an agenda.

Why not tell it like it is? Most of us are adults and can handle the truth.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:09 PM

3,031 posts, read 2,863,759 times
Quote:
Imagine if the media returned to telling the truth and not twisting words to promote an agenda.

Exactly! Just tell the truth!

Old 03-21-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Exactly! Just tell the truth!
IMHO the MSM is scared to death cause things would get real ugly real fast if illegals were ID'd as "illegal aliens".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or