U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 10:40 AM

6,744 posts, read 1,922,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Yeah I guess I don't really think it's fair to compare someone's documentation and status in a country with breaking and entering. Especially when half of them actually entered legally and then overstayed their visas. Even people like Arnold Schwartzenegger and Michael J. Fox and Salma Hayek were here illegally at some point in their life. This has to do with a broken immigration system more than anything. Sometimes something simple like getting an extension on a visa can take over a year to process. I don't equate this to your example of stereotypical criminal activity, nor believe it is at all fair to do so.
Illegal is illegal. It really is that simple. Nothing more need be said or is needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 11:02 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,285,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Illegal is illegal. It really is that simple. Nothing more need be said or is needed.
What about when illegal becomes legal?

Old 03-22-2017, 11:05 AM

2,784 posts, read 2,586,882 times
Quote:
What about when illegal becomes legal?
What happens when you steal a car, and then return it?

Old 03-22-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
What happens when you steal a car, and then return it?
What happens when you smoke pot in Colorado in 2007 vs in 2017? What about the fact that it is still illegal under federal law?

Old 03-22-2017, 12:17 PM

3,078 posts, read 911,104 times
What about the financial burden put on myself and my family due to illegal aliens? I don't want to assist a low income needy illegal person. I want to keep the money I worked for to spend on myself and my family. It's not hard to understand.

Last edited by max210; 03-22-2017 at 12:37 PM..

Old 03-22-2017, 12:32 PM

33,488 posts, read 14,667,880 times
Quote:
Yeah I guess I don't really think it's fair to compare someone's documentation and status in a country with breaking and entering. Especially when half of them actually entered legally and then overstayed their visas. Even people like Arnold Schwartzenegger and Michael J. Fox and Salma Hayek were here illegally at some point in their life. This has to do with a broken immigration system more than anything. Sometimes something simple like getting an extension on a visa can take over a year to process. I don't equate this to your example of stereotypical criminal activity, nor believe it is at all fair to do so.
"Yeah I guess I don't really think it's fair to compare someone's documentation and status in a country with breaking and entering."

They "BROKE" the law and entered ILLEGALLY

"Especially when half of them actually entered legally and then overstayed their visas"

Which makes them ILLEGAL ALIENS

Sorry if you can't see it.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:44 PM

Then I'd expect the same amount of outrage for the following laws each time they are broken:
-connecting to unsecure wi-fi
-singing happy birthday in public
-playing poker at home with your friends for money
-speeding
-driving without a seatbelt on
-using your cell phone while driving
-underage drinking
-smoking pot
-peeing outside
-opening someone else's mail
-failing to update a driver's license after moving
-not getting a dog license
-jaywalking

Old 03-22-2017, 01:11 PM

11,585 posts, read 5,563,799 times
Quote:
Then I'd expect the same amount of outrage for the following laws each time they are broken:
-connecting to unsecure wi-fi
-singing happy birthday in public
-playing poker at home with your friends for money
-speeding
-driving without a seatbelt on
-using your cell phone while driving
-underage drinking
-smoking pot
-peeing outside
-opening someone else's mail
-failing to update a driver's license after moving
-not getting a dog license
-jaywalking
And if anyone who is caught breaking those laws, they will face the consequences.

BTW, there is no law against singing "happy birthday" in public. That song is now in the public domain:

"Happy Birthday" song officially recognized in public domain - CBS News

It always amazes me how invasion cheerleaders try to claim that illegal immigration is okay by talking about other laws that get broken

Old 03-22-2017, 01:24 PM

2,784 posts, read 2,586,882 times
Quote:
What happens when you smoke pot in Colorado in 2007 vs in 2017? What about the fact that it is still illegal under federal law?
Smoking pot is a victimless crime.

Grand theft auto, just like illegal immigration is theft, and cost US taxpayers $113 BILLION a year.

Not to mention identity theft and the theft of employment from legal Americans.

Oh and lets not forget tax fraud.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Why are you so interested in giving legal status to 11 million illegal aliens? Are you Manuel the dishwasher?
I have not once said that this is my goal, just pointing out the pervasive hypocrisy taking place here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or