U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-22-2017, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Starting a walkabout
1,738 posts, read 801,473 times
Reputation: 1913

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Anti-illegal would be if you had a problem with undocumented immigrants but if we simply provided them some paperwork and gave them a green card then you'd be "cool" with it. After all, they would then be considered "legal."

However if you're response to that is hell no, we don't need those 11 million immigrants here. They need to go back to their country of origin. I'm cool with like 5,000 of them staying so long as they aren't living in my town. 'Merica!

Well, that, my friends, would indicate that legality has nothing to do with your outrage. You are anti-immigrant, plain and simple. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Just don't pretend that your concern is with the legality piece.
What is your problem. You start a thread, come to your your predefined conclusion and berate us. Maybe you are having a difficulty in separating the two. It seems you have ulterior motive in somehow protecting illegal immigrants.

I am a legal immigrant and now a citizen. I came via the proper channels, did the paperwork and got the green card. I did not come illegally or come legally and overstay my visa and stay illegally. So I am not against any immigrant who came here legally.

I am against illegal immigrants. I have no problem having them deported. I don't care if they are Mexican, Indian, Chinese, Asian or European. They can go back and apply to come to USA if it is allowed. If they can get in legally fine. If not, bad luck.

Is that difficult for you to understand. And stop calling us anti-immigrant and racist. We are tired of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-22-2017, 08:42 PM
 
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
1,017 posts, read 554,032 times
Reputation: 1626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Smoking pot is a victimless crime."

Not always.

I have a friend that was hit by a car driven by someone smoking pot and was seriously injured.
No surprise here. I worked with someone who died as a result of being hit by a high and illegal alien while standing on a corner. Such a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2017, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,891 posts, read 12,254,394 times
Reputation: 2521
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
All 11 million can't be allowed back. Some will be approved, some wouldn't. This is all theoretical of course. That is what I see as fair.
Thanks, as this statement supports the assertion I made in the original post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2017, 09:16 PM
 
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
1,017 posts, read 554,032 times
Reputation: 1626
I quote from OP's post: "but if we simply provided them some paperwork and gave them a green card...." Not exactly: The foreigner would need to apply and go through the process. The U.S. doesn't "simply" give away citizenship, but I am sure the OP knows that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2017, 04:20 AM
Yac
 
5,875 posts, read 6,293,306 times
As the thread continues, remember that
a) it's not about other members
b) remember to stay calm and respectful
c) if you feel the thread is not worth your time, or trolling or whatever - you don't actually have to post in it. You're only bumping it back up by doing so.
d) being angry is not a valid excuse.
There.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2017, 05:47 AM
 
10,830 posts, read 3,809,826 times
Reputation: 4696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Anti-illegal would be if you had a problem with undocumented immigrants but if we simply provided them some paperwork and gave them a green card then you'd be "cool" with it. After all, they would then be considered "legal."

However if you're response to that is hell no, we don't need those 11 million immigrants here. They need to go back to their country of origin. I'm cool with like 5,000 of them staying so long as they aren't living in my town. 'Merica!

Well, that, my friends, would indicate that legality has nothing to do with your outrage. You are anti-immigrant, plain and simple. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Just don't pretend that your concern is with the legality piece.
We have way too many immigrants, legal or otherwise.

Enough is enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2017, 08:42 AM
 
2,784 posts, read 2,570,854 times
Reputation: 3727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Smoking pot is a victimless crime."

Not always.

I have a friend that was hit by a car driven by someone smoking pot and was seriously injured.
Sorry about your friend, but it's just like with alcohol. Just because some choose to get behind the wheel when drunk, does not mean we blame the alcohol.

Drinking/smoking are not crimes (at least in some states).
But DUI is a crime in all states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2017, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,891 posts, read 12,254,394 times
Reputation: 2521
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
We have way too many immigrants, legal or otherwise.

Enough is enough.
That is fine, you're certainly entitled to that opinion. And thank you for providing additional support to my original post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2017, 09:05 AM
 
2,784 posts, read 2,570,854 times
Reputation: 3727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
That is fine, you're certainly entitled to that opinion. And thank you for providing additional support to my original post.
And you're just providing additional support to the notion that illegal immigrants have no respect for the USA, be it our laws or our citizens.

There are legal procedures to follow to become a citizen. Every country has them, including Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2017, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,891 posts, read 12,254,394 times
Reputation: 2521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
And you're just providing additional support to the notion that illegal immigrants have no respect for the USA, be it our laws or our citizens.

There are legal procedures to follow to become a citizen. Every country has them, including Mexico.
Please point out to me where I've done this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top