U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 02:26 PM

15,395 posts, read 8,699,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Smoking pot is a victimless crime.

Grand theft auto, just like illegal immigration is theft, and cost US taxpayers $113 BILLION a year.

Not to mention identity theft and the theft of employment from legal Americans.

Oh and lets not forget tax fraud.
Lefties love to point out that the "only" crime illegals commit is coming into the country. If they earn money at all they either work under the table and don't pay taxes, or have taken someone's identity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily Pad View Post
None citizens' babies born here should not be given US citizenship automatically either. This is the airplane era, not Mayflower.

The illegals' clans cost us outragous amount of money: food, healthcare, education, all sorts of welfares.

Dispicable.
It's about time we fix that travesty in our Constitution.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Whoa, simmer down there chief. Pardon my oversimplification of the process. I did that to make my point in the most efficient way possible. As someone who has witnessed the process twice from beginning to end I can tell you that it really amounts to alot of paper pushing in order to get a card. That's the process in a nutshell.
I don't believe you.

If you truly know anyone that's become a citizen, they have worked long and hard for it. And they don't take it lightly. Not one person I know of thinks it's just "to get a card".

Old 06-26-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Stop demonizing all illegal immigrants. The majority of them are honest, hard working people.
Who have either stolen a US citizen's identity, or are working here without paying taxes.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
It really is unfortunate to see these kinds of statements. It's just mean-spirited.
What's mean spirited about wanting people to obey laws. I want all criminals charged and either fined or locked up. Does that make me mean-spirited?

Old 06-27-2018, 12:02 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,265,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I don't believe you.

If you truly know anyone that's become a citizen, they have worked long and hard for it. And they don't take it lightly. Not one person I know of thinks it's just "to get a card".
Ok pal, believe what you want I guess. I was actually going for number 3 but my sister-in-law’s visitor visa was denied due to some ridiculously bogus reason given by the consular officer who interviewed her, and there is no appeal process. Thanks Trump Administration for making legal entry impossible.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:04 AM

5,663 posts, read 3,208,198 times
https://www.history.com/news/the-bir...al-immigration

If your immigrant ancestors came to this country before the 20th Century, they pretty much could not be an "illegal" because there were no laws for them to break; no passports, visas, green cards.

I am purely interested in this from a genealogical perspective. My husband's German ancestor probably might have come close to being an "illegal" since he was wanted by the Kaiser for deserting their Army. Refugee? But then, he was a Shoemaker by trade so I suppose he was allowed entry back in the 19th Century because of his occupation.

Totally different world when the majority of our ancestors immigrated.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Ok pal, believe what you want I guess. I was actually going for number 3 but my sister-in-law’s visitor visa was denied due to some ridiculously bogus reason given by the consular officer who interviewed her, and there is no appeal process. Thanks Trump Administration for making legal entry impossible.
Coming into this country is a privilege, NOT a right. You may find the reason ridiculous, but that's just your opinion. Which doesn't count in this case.

As for your last sentence, it is NOT impossible. It's hard. And should be. And sometimes we don't want someone. Which is the prerogative of the US.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:06 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,265,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Coming into this country is a privilege, NOT a right. You may find the reason ridiculous, but that's just your opinion. Which doesn't count in this case.

As for your last sentence, it is NOT impossible. It's hard. And should be. And sometimes we don't want someone. Which is the prerogative of the US.
Who is “we” ???? Quit speaking as if every immigrant applicant decision is our collective decision. Speak for yourself.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:56 AM

9,855 posts, read 7,143,666 times
It is becoming more evident everyday that the only reason why the Left is so in favor of helping the illegal alien immigrants is for their eventual loyalty to their party and their vote once amnesty is granted.
This big circus of outrage at the border is nothing but a show to take down Trump. He is enforcing existing laws and the Left hates that.

Anyone that has an ounce of respect for America and the rule of law should be Anti illegal alien. I wonder how many of the protesters at rallies would be willing to take responsibility for a family of "immigrants" and either allow them into their home or pay for them to be put up somewhere?

There are very few people that are against or Anti Immigrant, America was made great by immigrants from everywhere.

The whole Anti Trump, he's a nazi that hates immigrants conveniently forgets that he is married to an immigrant.

Any one that has common sense should be Anti Illegal immigrant but be Pro Legal immigrant.

It is not that hard of a concept to grasp but the Left seems to have a hard time understanding the difference OR they don't actually care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or