U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 02:52 AM

6,730 posts, read 1,899,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
They have nothing to worry about. The US is a country governed by laws and Mr. Trump cannot act with impunity. Non criminal citizens should get a shot at legalization and should NOT be rounded up. America stands with hard-working immigrants whose only crime/offense is being undocumented.
Should? Why? They are breaking a number of laws just to exist here. Enforcing immigration laws is one of the jobs of the FED. (President) Trump is well within his rights as President to see that immigration laws are enforced and that illegals are deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 04:51 AM

25,342 posts, read 37,480,980 times
Quote:
They have nothing to worry about. The US is a country governed by laws and Mr. Trump cannot act with impunity. Non criminal citizens should get a shot at legalization and should NOT be rounded up. America stands with hard-working immigrants whose only crime/offense is being undocumented.
And tell me how do they become legal? Maybe do it the way the law is described. Sit out their ban and come back and apply?

Coming through the front door and facing huge backlogs should give you preference above people who sneak into the country.

I agree that in the long term something needs to be done but never citizenship for people who came here illegally as that is awarding bad/illegal behavior but lefties only want to give them voting rights.

If it wasn't for voting rights the left wouldn't care!

Old 03-24-2017, 05:29 AM

19,061 posts, read 10,694,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Didn't Obama make it easier for people who couldn't afford homes to buy them anyway? And, as far as "how", "how" do they manage to get the money, especially down payment when they can't work in the USA. Think, "sympathizers and exploiters"!

I suspect they are leaving the kids as a place holder so the kids can help them get into the country legally although I wonder if deported if they won't have a more difficult time coming back in. Word to the "wise" illegal alien, go before you are deported!

Looks like they need a few buses headed for the border for over 50,000 illegal aliens.

The kids left behind will still draw benefits and can sponsor the parents when they reach adulthood. Of course, if we don't build the wall, they crawl back in after deportation!
I don't think Obama made it easier for people to buy homes. Can you identify that program.

Old 03-24-2017, 05:33 AM

19,061 posts, read 10,694,254 times
So many illegals were able to buy homes, settle, run successful businesses for years because, for the most part, the govt. and Americans themselves were complicit in them being here.

Most of the stories I'm reading -- even the ones where the illegal residents had committed a minor crime, the ICE agencies agreed to let them stay as long as they checked in on a regular basis. So while they did not have legal status, the govt. agency ALLOWED them to stay. Of course -- it was conditional -- each time they checked in they risked being sent home....but if you are here for 10, 15, 20 years and they let you stay -- you kind of start to think it is okay.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:04 AM

38,120 posts, read 15,305,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post

One hundred such parents came to the Camino Community Center in Charlotte last weekend to complete notarized letters assigning guardianship for about 500 minors – in case of an immigration emergency.
Too bad that ICE wasn't at the meeting. Could have been a quick and easy roundup.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:37 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So many illegals were able to buy homes, settle, run successful businesses for years because, for the most part, the govt. and Americans themselves were complicit in them being here.

Most of the stories I'm reading -- even the ones where the illegal residents had committed a minor crime, the ICE agencies agreed to let them stay as long as they checked in on a regular basis. So while they did not have legal status, the govt. agency ALLOWED them to stay. Of course -- it was conditional -- each time they checked in they risked being sent home....but if you are here for 10, 15, 20 years and they let you stay -- you kind of start to think it is okay.
Then things change with getting arrested and deported: it is what it is. ^^^

Old 03-24-2017, 12:43 PM

16,785 posts, read 19,639,274 times
Quote:
Really? So do think that when Americans travel abroad and don't follow the rules of the country they're visiting they can say "well I am American and in America we can.......", you see it doesn't work that way.

What is this nonsense that once someone steps foot in America they suddenly have the rights of an American citizen? It certainly doesn't work that way in other countries.

How about people who work cash only jobs and never pay taxes? Yet they use services provided by taxpayer money such as schools and hospitals, but never contribute themselves? You know it's not that someone justs crosses the border and than they get an office job, and pay taxes, like those born here or come here legally(you know those people who spend $$$$$ and have to take exams and wait maybe years for to become a citizen).

I live in CA, we now give driver's licenses to illegals. They interviewed some on the news, people driving around with no license and no insurance. One guy has been doing it for 12 years. And no mention of getting car insurance either in these new stories. So now many have licenses but still have no car insurance, isn't that wonderful?

I pay about $1,300 for car insurance for myself. So that would be over $15,000 for car insurance over that time period. I would rather have the $15,000 in the bank or investments, but I pay for car insurance.

So don't say their only crime is being undocumented. It leads to a plethora of other issues.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:47 PM

19,848 posts, read 10,554,675 times
Quote:
Fear of a quick deportation has reached the point that Charlotte’s undocumented immigrants are taking steps in advance to find guardians for their children and caretakers for their homes and possessions.

One hundred such parents came to the Camino Community Center in Charlotte last weekend to complete notarized letters assigning guardianship for about 500 minors – in case of an immigration emergency.

Read more here: Charlotte

Good.

Maybe word will get out the US ain't playing with illegal aliens in 2017.
They are not immigrants. They are here illegally.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:55 PM

16,785 posts, read 19,639,274 times
[quote=moneill;47615873]So many illegals were able to buy homes, settle, run successful businesses for years because, for the most part, the govt. and Americans themselves were complicit in them being here.

Most of the stories I'm reading -- even the ones where the illegal residents had committed a minor crime, the ICE agencies agreed to let them stay as long as they checked in on a regular basis. So while they did not have legal status, the govt. agency ALLOWED them to stay. Of course -- it was conditional -- each time they checked in they risked being sent home....but if you are here for 10, 15, 20 years and they let you stay -- you kind of start to think it is okay.[/QUOTE]

Well to use your logic someone who hasn't paid federal income tax for 8 years might think it's OK and the IRS doesn't notice, than they get a letter.

Or the sweet old lady who shoplifts for kicks and thinks it's OK since she has been doing since 1993 without getting caught.

In reality it's not realistic to deport all these people. But I am getting tired of hearing about the one in AZ who was using someone else's identity or we had one here in CA who had committed several crimes including felony DUI being made out to be martyrs with the kid crying.

Than take your kid with you.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:04 PM

30,111 posts, read 15,661,943 times
Quote:
Fear of a quick deportation has reached the point that Charlotte’s undocumented immigrants are taking steps in advance to find guardians for their children and caretakers for their homes and possessions.

Read more here: Charlotte

Good.

Maybe word will get out the US ain't playing with illegal aliens in 2017.
They are not "immigrants" if they are here illegally, and "undocumented" is a euphemism for "illegal alien," an attempt to soften, if not avoid, the stigma associated with their illegal status.

It's time we begin once again to use the correct terminology. The language of political correctness has not helped us at all. It has harmed us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or