Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 07:33 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
The Dream Act, DAPA/DACA were all Obama's executive orders hoping to get these Dreamers into voting Democrats to finish ruining this country. Obama is no better than Scar from Lion King and the illegals his hyenas. Luckily his plan failed when SCOTUS struck him down and also Hillary lost.

FYI- by encouraging these "Dreamers" to get citizenship, they then get a pathway to citizenship for their families who sent them here in hopes of getting in themselves. If we keep allowing in the "Dreamers", the tide of invasion will continue.

FYI - After reading of how my fellow Americans are being displaced by illegals and H1Bs left and right, I think it's time for a 15-25 year moratorium on ALL immigration! I've had enough!!!!!

FYI, call me hater all you want. I'm reached the point where I don't care anymore. I'll rescue America by any means necessary!
I want all immigration halted and the H1B program stopped until we have enough decent jobs for everyone who is already here ( citizens and authorized aliens) and our standard of living restored. Wages have not kept up with inflation.

That said, it does no good to throw out kids that are English speaking, American educated, and especially college educated. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Obama's bill only applied to kids who were brought here when they were very little and are already here.

Secure the frickin border, and fine the living crap out of employers caught taking advantage of cheap illegal labor. Until that is done, nothing else matters. We throw out the thugs, they come right back. We deport these college kids? They get great jobs in Mexico because they are well educated and bilingual to boot. And Mexico laughs and says " thanks for the free education, suckers"

Old 03-25-2017, 07:55 PM

21,139 posts, read 19,714,475 times
I wonder what would happen if I, as an old man, walked into a school and told the liberal administrators that I wanted to enroll? If they asked for documentation, I would say I am an undocumented immigrant.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:04 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Mongoose, you know that the Dreamers have nothing at all to do with incidents like this, right? They aren't even a part of the debate about who we are letting in now.

Dreamers are the ones who were raised and educated in America already. We already invested in their education, vaccinations, etc. Why should we throw that away? They didn't ask to be brought here.

So why post their email for some hate instead of the email for the stupid school district that allowed two grown men to be with a fourteen year old kid in school, and a federal system that can't secure our f'n border?
The DREAM Act is a slap in the face to foreign students who obeyed our immigration laws to go to college here. To add insult to injury, foreign students don't get in-state tuition at state colleges.

If these DREAMers were raised with a moral compass, when it came time for college they would have applied for a foreign student visa. After all, that's what they are---foreign students. Yet very, very few bothered to do so. Instead most were arrogant and thought that they had the right to stay here and get cheap in-state tuition.

It's true that they weren't asked to be brought here. Yet, none of us had any control as to what our parents did to and for us when we were growing up. To paraphrase an old saying---the sins of the parents fall on the child.

Did you know that when Obama dictated DACA, there was no requirement that applicants had to be college students?

Who Qualifies for Deferred Action as an Immigrant Student or Graduate (DACA) | Nolo.com

Old 03-25-2017, 09:12 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Remember when Trump announced he was running he called out illegal aliens for being rapists and the left vilified him. Guess what? TRUMP WAS RIGHT, AGAIN!

Old 03-25-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
The DREAM Act is a slap in the face to foreign students who obeyed our immigration laws to go to college here. To add insult to injury, foreign students don't get in-state tuition at state colleges.

If these DREAMers were raised with a moral compass, when it came time for college they would have applied for a foreign student visa. After all, that's what they are---foreign students. Yet very, very few bothered to do so. Instead most were arrogant and thought that they had the right to stay here and get cheap in-state tuition.

It's true that they weren't asked to be brought here. Yet, none of us had any control as to what our parents did to and for us when we were growing up. To paraphrase an old saying---the sins of the parents fall on the child.

Did you know that when Obama dictated DACA, there was no requirement that applicants had to be college students?

Who Qualifies for Deferred Action as an Immigrant Student or Graduate (DACA) | Nolo.com
I don't care about their slap in the face, frankly. I am looking at this locigally, not emotionally. What is best for America? Throwing out kids we spent money educating for 12 years because it's going to hurt somebody's feelings? Yeah, No.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:46 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I don't care about their slap in the face, frankly. I am looking at this locigally, not emotionally. What is best for America? Throwing out kids we spent money educating for 12 years because it's going to hurt somebody's feelings? Yeah, No.
Umm, yes.

Those kids are still illegal aliens. DACA doesn't guarantee them permanent residence. When DACA ends, they will have to go home. They were considered to be out of status when they turned 18 1/2. At that time, it was up to them to correct their status.

You don't care about the slap in the face? Seriously? For example, Student A was born and raised in Mexico. When it is time for him to go to college, he decides that he wants to go to a state college in the US. He applies for admission and gets accepted. Next, he has to go to the nearest US embassy/consulate with his paperwork and he is granted a student visa. On top of that, he has to pay full freight---in other words, out-of-state tuition.

Student B was born in Mexico but his parents sneaked him across the border. When he finishes high school and turns 18 1/2, he refuses to correct his status. Instead, since he was raised without a moral compass, he demands that he should stay and get cheap in-state tuition. Had he been raised with a moral compass (which he wasn't because his parents set a bad example), he would have applied to go to college as a foreign student. It would entail him traveling to Mexico with his paperwork and going to a US embassy/consulate where he will be granted a student visa. With all his paperwork in order, he is allowed admission back into the US.

How is DACA "best for America"? Did you read the link? Not all of the recipients are college students. Every time a DACA student gets a seat at a college, it's one less seat for an American student or a foreign student. Sometimes the American student is an out-of-state student and is paying full freight, just like the foreign student.

Why should any illegal alien, including DACA recipients, be rewarded for breaking our immigration laws?

We aren't "throw[ing] out kids". What happened to them is the fault of their parents---and no one else. They can take their education back to their own countries where they are needed far more than they are needed here. Besides, at 18 1/2, they aren't "kids" anymore.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:21 PM

You are more interested in punishing them than doing what makes sense for America.

As to why they didn't go apply as foreign students or whatever? They were raised here. They think of themselves as Americans. Some don't even speak Spanish. Would it occur to you to go to the consulate?

Ps. the census says we spend on avg 10,000 per pupil per year on education. I do not think it makes sense to throw $120,000 worth of education out the window just because it pisses some people off. They graduated from high school or are still in school with good grades and were raised here? Give them a green card already. You drop out of school and start becoming what looks like a drain on society? Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, cause you are leaving.

That's a policy that makes sense. Not an emotional " throw them all out"

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...5/cb15-98.html

Last edited by NLVgal; 03-25-2017 at 10:47 PM..

Old 03-25-2017, 10:40 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
In every community you have a few deviants. This isn't an excuse for their repulsive behavior but please stop lumping all illegal aliens as rapists.
You mean like how the left lumped all Trump supporters in as racists, xenophobes and illiterates?
Or how the left lumps all Americans in as to lazy to cut their own grass and that's why we need illegals?

Old 03-25-2017, 11:51 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Most of these kids were brought here by their parents or adults through no fault of their own. How would they get a student visa after living here illegally for years? Well, they would have to leave America and then apply. It would be highly unlikely that they would be granted one.

Have some compassion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
You mean like how the left lumped all Trump supporters in as racists, xenophobes and illiterates?
Or how the left lumps all Americans in as to lazy to cut their own grass and that's why we need illegals?
What does this drivel about the left or whomever has to do with the topic at hand?

Old 03-25-2017, 11:56 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
In every community you have a few deviants. This isn't an excuse for their repulsive behavior but please stop lumping all illegal aliens as rapists.
Were 14 year-old girls typically raped by 18 year-old men in the boys' bathroom in the middle of a school day before we had sanctuary cities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration