Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 08:12 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,570,419 times

Advertisements

My best friends wife is Colombian (born in Colombia) and just became a LEGAL U.S Citizen. If she can do it why cant everyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 08:14 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,570,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
I read that article. The wife is American born. Doubt she'll move to Columbia. Her son will have a new Papi by summer time,
LMAO!

Old 03-28-2017, 09:28 PM

3,203 posts, read 2,481,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Colombia is still wracked with violence. Now this man's wife and his son will have to suffer. Why isn't the focus on the bad guys?
So are Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit. We have told you that United States citizens cannot save the world. Would you like to be similar to China and India? With Trump rescinding EPA rules, we will be wearing masks like the Chinese.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:33 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,005,669 times
Many mean spirited people here.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:27 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:

You mean many people with common sense and know how to enter a country!

Old 03-29-2017, 07:32 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
No, just people, unlike yourself, that believe that there is a purpose to having a law on the books and enforcing it.

So, you oppose enforcing laws, what is that called again? Anarchy, right? Yeah, the libs are trying to move us toward that, but I think they will lose in the end.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:32 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,013 times
No not mean spirited but lawful citizens. Sick of feeding, schooling, and providing medicaid to these leeches and their children...

Old 03-29-2017, 11:51 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Such a touching story and a shame that a family will be separated.
The family will only get separated if they choose so. The mom can go with them and they all can live happily ever after wherever her husband came from.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:57 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Today we have so called DACA illegal who has a DUI who got the sentence reduced to a misdemeanor and now is facing deportation. Maybe he had other convictions but that is not disclosed by his lawyer of course!

It seems there are too many illegals with convictions who all want our sympathy!

Where is the sympathy for the victims? Did the guy cause an accident and had no insurance and left the victim with paying for the repairs of the car and what about trauma or other injuries? I only hear about poor DACA boy who is such a great young man who actually takes a job away as an electrician and coach from a legal alien. How many of his clients know he is an illegal?
My father lost his entire leg from the hip down due to an illegal hitting him with his car while he was drunk. The illegal never paid a cent. Never spent time in jail. Got away with disabling a man for the rest of his life. I hear very little sympathy these days for the victims of these traffic accidents involving illegals. Whenever I hear those people crying to keep these poor illegals here I think about what my dads life would have been like it that illegal who hit him had been deported before the accident.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:28 AM

30,137 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Such a touching story and a shame that a family will be separated.
No one is separating the family except the wife in this story. If the most important thing is keeping the family together she will move to Columbia. They can work on getting the papers right and coming back here.

I know a couple of people personally who married a Mexican national here legally at the time but got deported. The spouse moved with them back to Mexico. Part of the marriage vows, for better for worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration