Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 08:29 AM

35,022 posts, read 31,201,343 times

Advertisements

I feel sorry for the people personally, but laws are laws. Abide by them or face the consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 08:42 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,245,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
My father lost his entire leg from the hip down due to an illegal hitting him with his car while he was drunk. The illegal never paid a cent. Never spent time in jail. Got away with disabling a man for the rest of his life. I hear very little sympathy these days for the victims of these traffic accidents involving illegals. Whenever I hear those people crying to keep these poor illegals here I think about what my dads life would have been like it that illegal who hit him had been deported before the accident.
Stories like this break my heart and also stiffen my resolve to stand strong in the face of insults hurled at me (e.g. "RACIST!") when I speak out against amnesty or lenience when it comes to illegal immigration.

The fact is that illegal immigration costs us hundreds of millions of dollars, is a public health risk, reduces working opportunities for low-skilled Americans, increases the cost of doing business (because services have to be provided in Spanish as well), and kills and maims hundreds of Americans every year.

They have no right to be here. They need to go. NOW.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:54 AM

8,865 posts, read 5,358,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Colombia is still wracked with violence. Now this man's wife and his son will have to suffer. Why isn't the focus on the bad guys?
Chicago is a bit wild these days as well.

Why did they not petition for Juan to stay based upon his marriage to an American?

Old 03-30-2017, 09:57 AM

A previous order of deportation exists on Juan. He apparently didn't comply.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/21/u...rted.html?_r=0

Old 03-30-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
An electrician job just opened up in the Bronx.
I wonder if Juan is a licensed electrician? If so, how did he get a license if he's not here legally?

Old 03-30-2017, 10:12 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,097,028 times
Quote:
Such a touching story and a shame that a family will be separated.
So any infraction is reason not to break up a family? Can our friend kill or rape someone and not go to jail because it would "break up his family".

Odd, for centuries the "break up our family" defense hasn't ever been successful in US courts. Suddenly we have discovered a new right the framers intended??

Old 03-31-2017, 02:57 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,662,598 times
It's not Trumps fault the wife decided to marry and have a child with an illegal alien. That was foolish and irresponsible I hope she learns here lesson and other women heed this warning "if a man illegally crossed the boarder to get here keep your legs crossed." If she kept her knees together she wouldn't have to worry about her family being broken apart.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:01 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,003,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
So any infraction is reason not to break up a family? Can our friend kill or rape someone and not go to jail because it would "break up his family".

Odd, for centuries the "break up our family" defense hasn't ever been successful in US courts. Suddenly we have discovered a new right the framers intended??
Wow, what a silly comparison.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:21 PM

22,430 posts, read 11,946,200 times
Quote:
Wow, what a silly comparison.
It's a perfectly good comparison.

A criminal commits a crime, gets caught and goes to jail. S/he gets separated from his/her family.

What part of "illegal" don't you understand? Illegal aliens break the law when they sneak across the border or overstay a visa. They commit even more crimes while here. It's illegal for them to work but they work anyway. It's illegal to commit ID theft. Also, it's illegal to engage in tax evasion. Yet illegals do both those things.

The rule of law applies to them, too. Why do you think that they somehow deserve to be immune from the consequences of breaking the law? There's nothing special about them---they are lawbreakers. So, when caught, they get deported. No one is stopping them from taking their families with them. In fact, that's what decent parents would do.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:25 PM

27,207 posts, read 46,697,878 times
My family was "deported" in 1915 from Ellis Island due to illness and I just received the ship manifest in the mail.

They came together and went back together!

Families don't have to be separated!

Unfortunately some illegal aliens have separated citizens and/or legal aliens by murdering them and these families are separated forever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration