U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-01-2017, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Murphy, North Carolina
2,060 posts, read 929,985 times
Reputation: 1689

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
See you in court Mr. Trump. There is nothing in the Constitution or statutes requiring states and local jurisdictions to enforce immigration laws. Detainers are NOT warrants. Why cut valuable funding to cities because they are complying with the law? Trump will get another kick in his face with this upcoming loss.
Yeah...Sorry to say this, but you're gonna end up being very disappointed in the end. Either in the short-term, or the long-term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-01-2017, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Cape Cod
9,796 posts, read 7,111,943 times
Reputation: 17917
The lawsuits will do nothing but tie up Trumps plans which seems to be the overall plan of the Dems.
They want to block, deny and sue Trump into submission where nothing gets done for the next 4 years and then they can get back in power.


It is going to be a long 4 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2017, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Dallas
5,463 posts, read 4,579,619 times
Reputation: 15592
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
See you in court Mr. Trump. There is nothing in the Constitution or statutes requiring states and local jurisdictions to enforce immigration laws. Detainers are NOT warrants. Why cut valuable funding to cities because they are complying with the law? Trump will get another kick in his face with this upcoming loss.
Why wouldn't law enforcement officials want to hold criminals so ICE can pick them up? Why would they want to release them on the streets? It just doesn't make sense that someone who has sworn to uphold the law would want to knowingly let criminals escape prosecution/deportation when all they are being asked to do is just hold the criminal a day or two until ICE takes over.

Sanctuary cities are walking on extremely thin ice over this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2017, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
Reputation: 18141
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
See you in court Mr. Trump. There is nothing in the Constitution or statutes requiring states and local jurisdictions to enforce immigration laws. Detainers are NOT warrants. Why cut valuable funding to cities because they are complying with the law? Trump will get another kick in his face with this upcoming loss.
Because they aren't complying with the law. It is against the law to hire or harbor illegal aliens.

The Law Against Hiring or Harboring Illegal Aliens

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...es-cooperation

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...r-illegal-imm/

That should clear up the misconception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2017, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
1,073 posts, read 493,734 times
Reputation: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Because they aren't complying with the law. It is against the law to hire or harbor illegal aliens.

The Law Against Hiring or Harboring Illegal Aliens

Sanctuary Cities & Federal Law: Congress

Sanctuary cities flout the law, shelter illegal immigrants - Washington Times

That should clear up the misconception.
There is nothing in the Constitution or statutes requiring states and local jurisdictions to enforce immigration laws. Please disprove this statement and stop posting links.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2017, 09:31 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
There is nothing in the Constitution or statutes requiring states and local jurisdictions to enforce immigration laws. Please disprove this statement and stop posting links.
Uh; you need to post up links saying it's "legal" for states to NOT enforce federal law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2017, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
1,073 posts, read 493,734 times
Reputation: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; you need to post up links saying it's "legal" for states to NOT enforce federal law.
This is what we call backwards reasoning. You and many others here are claiming that states are required to enforce IMMIGRATION LAW (notice I didn't use the catchall "federal law"?) but there is no law requiring this and I'm challenging you and others to prove otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2017, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Metro Washington DC
12,553 posts, read 18,931,506 times
Reputation: 7195
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
This is what we call backwards reasoning. You and many others here are claiming that states are required to enforce IMMIGRATION LAW (notice I didn't use the catchall "federal law"?) but there is no law requiring this and I'm challenging you and others to prove otherwise.
Why is that so important to you? Why does there need to be a law to get cops to do the right thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2017, 09:51 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
This is what we call backwards reasoning. You and many others here are claiming that states are required to enforce IMMIGRATION LAW (notice I didn't use the catchall "federal law"?) but there is no law requiring this and I'm challenging you and others to prove otherwise.
You just answered my question with your deflection. Got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2017, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
1,073 posts, read 493,734 times
Reputation: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You just answered my question with your deflection. Got it.
I don't need to answer your question because it is you and others here are positing something that's not TRUE. When you can show me the proof that states are REQUIRED by law to enforce immigration law, then I will apologize. N.B: I don't expect to apologize because several federal courts have struck down the laws of a few states who tried to enforce immigration law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top