U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-02-2017, 09:38 AM
 
33,316 posts, read 14,541,521 times
Reputation: 7581

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Salinas to sue Trump administration on funding cuts to sanctuary cities - KION

The city defends illegal immigrants and wants to sue Trump for wanting to protect Americans from the terrible quality of life in sanctuary cities.

Two homicides in Salinas over the weekend

Salinas had an all-time record high in 2015 on homicides at 40

I guess the city manager is more concerned about lawsuits then his cities major crime issues.

I think the liberals are losing it. They are so preoccupied with President Trump that they aren't really managing their cities.
I heard some one say this is the "plan of action" from the left to slow Trump down.

These liberal run cities/states will file suits which will go to places like the 9th circuit which will uphold the suits.

Trump will fight them in court and will eventually go to the SC which s WHY getting non-liberal judges is so important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-02-2017, 09:45 AM
 
33,316 posts, read 14,541,521 times
Reputation: 7581
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
There is nothing in the Constitution or statutes requiring states and local jurisdictions to enforce immigration laws. Please disprove this statement and stop posting links.
FEDERAL laws are laws.

Maybe you didn't read it.

"[SIZE=+2][/SIZE] [SIZE=+2]Federal Immigration and Nationality Act
Section 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(b)(iii)[/SIZE]
"Any person who . . . encourages or induces an alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."
Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):
A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:
* assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or
* encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or
* knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions."


Aiding, abetting, harboring, encouraging illegals a felony


ANY PERSON WHO encourages or induces an alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."


The law applies to EVERYONE, which INCLUDES local law enforcement.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2017, 06:31 PM
 
Location: US
3,072 posts, read 3,335,346 times
Reputation: 1620
And get millions in various funding. Money (and votes) talks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Illegals also vote democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2017, 06:11 AM
 
33,316 posts, read 14,541,521 times
Reputation: 7581
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
See you in court Mr. Trump. There is nothing in the Constitution or statutes requiring states and local jurisdictions to enforce immigration laws. Detainers are NOT warrants. Why cut valuable funding to cities because they are complying with the law? Trump will get another kick in his face with this upcoming loss.
Being you claim to be such an "expert" on the Constitution and the law maybe you MISSED this little "unimportant" one.




"Any person who encourages or induces an alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."

, abetting, harboring, encouraging illegals a felony

And hint, NO ONE is "requiring states and local jurisdictions to enforce immigration laws."

This is the false narrative the libs are claiming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2017, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
1,073 posts, read 493,734 times
Reputation: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Being you claim to be such an "expert" on the Constitution and the law maybe you MISSED this little "unimportant" one.




"Any person who encourages or induces an alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."

, abetting, harboring, encouraging illegals a felony

And hint, NO ONE is "requiring states and local jurisdictions to enforce immigration laws."

This is the false narrative the libs are claiming.
Go read the Supreme Court ruling on the issue. I care zero for whatever laws you want to post. The Supreme Court interprets the laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2017, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Pacific Northwest
295 posts, read 158,745 times
Reputation: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Why wouldn't law enforcement officials want to hold criminals so ICE can pick them up? Why would they want to release them on the streets? It just doesn't make sense that someone who has sworn to uphold the law would want to knowingly let criminals escape prosecution/deportation when all they are being asked to do is just hold the criminal a day or two until ICE takes over.

Sanctuary cities are walking on extremely thin ice over this one.

Look what happened to that poor young girl in San Francisco. An American citizen killed by an illegal. And after that, and all the other crimes committed by its illegals, California becomes the first sanctuary state!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2017, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Reputation: 18141
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Go read the Supreme Court ruling on the issue. I care zero for whatever laws you want to post. The Supreme Court interprets the laws.
I read it. This is talking about sanctuary cities harboring illegal aliens and I saw nothing that gave them the right to usurp federal immigration law.

Just say "Bye-bye".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2017, 03:15 PM
 
2,967 posts, read 878,472 times
Reputation: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Go read the Supreme Court ruling on the issue. I care zero for whatever laws you want to post. The Supreme Court interprets the laws.
Please send us a postcard from Val Verde.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2017, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
1,073 posts, read 493,734 times
Reputation: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I read it. This is talking about sanctuary cities harboring illegal aliens and I saw nothing that gave them the right to usurp federal immigration law.

Just say "Bye-bye".
It does apply because it states that immigration is the sole domain of the feds. These lawsuits will wind their way up to the Supreme Court and Trump will suffer another humiliating defeat when the libertarian conservatives and liberals rule that the Justice Dept cannot force these cities to perform the duties of DHS.

Trump wants to create fear throughout communities with a lot of illegals and that's not reasonable thing to do. Why should NYC law enforcement be forced to detain someone for the simple fact that they are illegal? I agree that states and cities should hand over illegals who commit serious crimes but minor infractions? Give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Please send us a postcard from Val Verde.
You should probably go there because you're living in la-la land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2017, 03:55 PM
 
2,967 posts, read 878,472 times
Reputation: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
It does apply because it states that immigration is the sole domain of the feds. These lawsuits will wind their way up to the Supreme Court and Trump will suffer another humiliating defeat when the libertarian conservatives and liberals rule that the Justice Dept cannot force these cities to perform the duties of DHS.

Trump wants to create fear throughout communities with a lot of illegals and that's not reasonable thing to do. Why should NYC law enforcement be forced to detain someone for the simple fact that they are illegal? I agree that states and cities should hand over illegals who commit serious crimes but minor infractions? Give me a break.

You should probably go there because you're living in la-la land.
Based on your statement no local leo should assist any federal agency. Or does this apply to DHS only?

I don't think Trump is trying to stir up fear, he just wants people deported.

Why does the severity of the law broken matter when you should not be in this country​ in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top