U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 02:37 AM

2,061 posts, read 931,410 times

Advertisements

GOP Leaders May Drop Wall Funding to Win Democratic Approval for Other Priorities - Breitbart

I can't believe it...even with the biggest majority they've had in a long time, the GOP still has no backbone.

That was one of Trump's biggest promises that helped him get elected...and they think they're gonna pull this s*** over the American people?

I know they most likely won't see this, but here's a warning to those "Republican" senators and congressmen and women...

Go ahead. Go ahead and defund it. And when you do, you're only ensuring that NONE of you get re-elected. There is no reason for you to try to be winning Democratic approval, when the fact is - YOU WILL NEVER gain their approval. So stop trying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 03:45 AM

1,073 posts, read 495,270 times
The construction of a wall was never feasible to begin with, so I applaud the thinking of these lawmakers. They are right to switch their focus to building bridges, creating jobs, addressing the dire state of our infrastructure and eventually immigration reform.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:39 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,127,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
GOP Leaders May Drop Wall Funding to Win Democratic Approval for Other Priorities - Breitbart

I can't believe it...even with the biggest majority they've had in a long time, the GOP still has no backbone.

That was one of Trump's biggest promises that helped him get elected...and they think they're gonna pull this s*** over the American people?

I know they most likely won't see this, but here's a warning to those "Republican" senators and congressmen and women...

Go ahead. Go ahead and defund it. And when you do, you're only ensuring that NONE of you get re-elected. There is no reason for you to try to be winning Democratic approval, when the fact is - YOU WILL NEVER gain their approval. So stop trying.
Welcome to political reality, son you really thought the wall was going to be built? We can't even rebuild ONE NJ/NY tunnel, what made you think we can build a 1000 mile wall?

Old 03-29-2017, 09:15 AM

9,822 posts, read 7,125,230 times
Trump was elected with a ground swell of support with his promise to repeal Obama care, tax reform and to build that wall among other things. I believe Trump had good intentions and wasn't lying but he is now finding out how DC works.

He might be the CEO of America but his powers are limited by the narrow minded people beneath him who would rather talk and play politics than to get anything done.

Trump is reluctantly falling into line with the DC ideology. He can't do it on his own and his team is weak with some of them actually rooting for him to lose.

The GOP is in power and with the way the Dems are acting they are setting themselves up to lose even more in 2018 but the Gop is still trying to appease them. Why? What is it going to take to break the losing attitude of the last 8 years?

Old 03-29-2017, 09:53 AM

2,993 posts, read 885,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump was elected with a ground swell of support with his promise to repeal Obama care, tax reform and to build that wall among other things. I believe Trump had good intentions and wasn't lying but he is now finding out how DC works.

He might be the CEO of America but his powers are limited by the narrow minded people beneath him who would rather talk and play politics than to get anything done.

Trump is reluctantly falling into line with the DC ideology. He can't do it on his own and his team is weak with some of them actually rooting for him to lose.

The GOP is in power and with the way the Dems are acting they are setting themselves up to lose even more in 2018 but the Gop is still trying to appease them. Why? What is it going to take to break the losing attitude of the last 8 years?
I agree with this. Trump thought he was going to drain the swamp but it turns out the swamp is half full of GOP.

I honestly don't care for the wall but it was good rhetoric. I think they could be more effective by enforcing current laws, deporting as many illegals as possible, mandating e-verify, punishing sanctuary cities (and states), punishing elected officials that break their oath, punishing businesses that hire illegals. Illegals will left deport once they realize they won't be able to work and put food on the table in the US. Party is over.

But they need to Just Do It.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:59 AM

9,048 posts, read 2,721,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post

fake story, in that the DEMS will cede nothing for any kind of wall concessions... nothing not a vote not a single thing.

Why?

Well the wall will never get funded, and if it does it is all on the GOP. it is a GOP tomb and the DEMs will not give anything for it.

The DEMS win if it is built.

The DEMS win if it is not.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:04 AM

7,987 posts, read 3,940,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Welcome to political reality, son you really thought the wall was going to be built? We can't even rebuild ONE NJ/NY tunnel, what made you think we can build a 1000 mile wall?

ROTFLMBO!

Old 03-29-2017, 11:12 AM

9,048 posts, read 2,721,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

if anyone in trumps team is rooting for him to lose, that reflect completely on him. trump is the team manager, if he was stupid enough to hire bad actors, well that means he is bad at his job.

as to appeasing the DEMs what are you drinking matey? Show me where and when anyone tried to appease the dems... was a bill put out that vaguely matches the democrat agenda? if not you are talking nonsense.

You are pushing a fake idea that DC, GOP, Trump are not the same thing. They are. Trump was on the GOP ticket, he is a registered member of the Republican party.

Trump is a republican party member who was selected by registered republicans in a primary. Republicans picked Trump from the many choices they had. Trump ran on the republican ticket

Old 03-30-2017, 02:52 AM

7,987 posts, read 3,940,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
if anyone in trumps team is rooting for him to lose, that reflect completely on him. trump is the team manager, if he was stupid enough to hire bad actors, well that means he is bad at his job.

as to appeasing the DEMs what are you drinking matey? Show me where and when anyone tried to appease the dems... was a bill put out that vaguely matches the democrat agenda? if not you are talking nonsense.

You are pushing a fake idea that DC, GOP, Trump are not the same thing. They are. Trump was on the GOP ticket, he is a registered member of the Republican party.

Trump is a republican party member who was selected by registered republicans in a primary. Republicans picked Trump from the many choices they had. Trump ran on the republican ticket

Who also was a registered Libertarian, and he also ran on the Democratic ticket! The fat TROLL can't even make up his mind what he is, or believes in! He's a phony, "a straw blowing in the wind"!

Old 03-30-2017, 02:55 AM

7,113 posts, read 2,898,151 times
The Russians told The Trumplandians "NO WALL'....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or