U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-04-2017, 08:52 PM
 
Location: Pacific Northwest
295 posts, read 158,648 times
Reputation: 474

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
And now even more illegals will flood in from south of the border, other states, and overseas, putting even greater strain on an already strained state whose only solution is to tax and fine everyone to death. California is trying it's darnedest to become a little piece of third world Latin America inside US borders.

Washington and (possibly) Oregon will most likely be next. Washington state's governor loves illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-04-2017, 10:12 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
24,147 posts, read 13,668,407 times
Reputation: 11353
Another disgusting thing is this is being called the "California Values Act"

So we want the rest of the country and world to know that California doesn't care about laws .

Some are excited about this being a "middle finger to Trump "

More like a Big middle finger to legal law abiding citizens and tax payers.

California Senate Passes Sanctuary State Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2017, 10:16 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
24,147 posts, read 13,668,407 times
Reputation: 11353
Check out California State Senator Joel Andersons twitter

He gives examples on there of the type of scum that would benefit from this law

https://mobile.twitter.com/joelandersonca?lang=en
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2017, 12:26 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
4,514 posts, read 1,940,056 times
Reputation: 6740
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire1 View Post
Washington and (possibly) Oregon will most likely be next. Washington state's governor loves illegals.
At least Oregon put the kibosh on drivers licenses for illegals. I saw that a judge rammed it through then they said wait a minute let the people vote, and it was overturned. Between city, state, and county we typically vote on TWO DOZEN propositions come election time, but they never asked us to vote on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2017, 04:29 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
24,147 posts, read 13,668,407 times
Reputation: 11353
"West Covina Mayor Pro Tem Mike Spence and other community leaders announced Wednesday they oppose Senate Bill 54, also called the ‘Sanctuary State” bill because it would shelter violent undocumented criminals from federal immigration authorities.

“If this bill passes then our federal agencies will be fanning out into our local communities.” West Covina Police Chief Dave Faulkner said.

West Covina Leaders Oppose “Sanctuary State” Bill « CBS Los Angeles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2017, 07:16 AM
 
2,634 posts, read 678,392 times
Reputation: 1362
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Another disgusting thing is this is being called the "California Values Act"

So we want the rest of the country and world to know that California doesn't care about laws .

Some are excited about this being a "middle finger to Trump "

More like a Big middle finger to legal law abiding citizens and tax payers.

California Senate Passes Sanctuary State Bill
What a joke. He's simply saying, it cost more than my buddies who hire illegals and oh man, all that paper work. lol
What, doesn't he do his taxes? We all have paper work we hate in order to follow the law here. I'm so sick of those cry baby companies.

Canada has a great guest worker program. We should follow their example on this if we can get our companies here to stop crying like babies. They are too use to using illegal labor slave labor. It seems like we are fighting an emotional civil war with these guys.

Juan Carlos Corona is called into the office. A state worker enters his name and file number into the computer. She prints out his latest application, staples photos of Corona to his file, and tells him to come back in two months for a medical exam.

If everything checks out, Corona will get his visa, a plane ticket to Canada and six months of full-time work. This would be the third year he's worked legally in Canada's broccoli fields. Before that, he says he would sneak into the U.S. to find work.

"It was really tough. We would have to hike over mountains, cross at night in the cold. It would take 10 days and cost thousands of dollars," Corona says. "This way I take a comfortable plane ride, and I'm there in four hours. I really like this program."

In Canada, Corona works 14 hours a day, six days a week. His daily pay is about $120.

At home, he says, he makes 120 pesos a day — or about $10.The Mexico-Canada Guest-Worker Program: A Model For The U.S.? : NPR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2017, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
24,147 posts, read 13,668,407 times
Reputation: 11353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
What a joke. He's simply saying, it cost more than my buddies who hire illegals and oh man, all that paper work. lol
What, doesn't he do his taxes? We all have paper work we hate in order to follow the law here. I'm so sick of those cry baby companies.

Canada has a great guest worker program. We should follow their example on this if we can get our companies here to stop crying like babies. They are too use to using illegal labor slave labor. It seems like we are fighting an emotional civil war with these guys.

Juan Carlos Corona is called into the office. A state worker enters his name and file number into the computer. She prints out his latest application, staples photos of Corona to his file, and tells him to come back in two months for a medical exam.

If everything checks out, Corona will get his visa, a plane ticket to Canada and six months of full-time work. This would be the third year he's worked legally in Canada's broccoli fields. Before that, he says he would sneak into the U.S. to find work.

"It was really tough. We would have to hike over mountains, cross at night in the cold. It would take 10 days and cost thousands of dollars," Corona says. "This way I take a comfortable plane ride, and I'm there in four hours. I really like this program."

In Canada, Corona works 14 hours a day, six days a week. His daily pay is about $120.

At home, he says, he makes 120 pesos a day — or about $10.The Mexico-Canada Guest-Worker Program: A Model For The U.S.? : NPR
Interesting about the Mexico Canada Guest Worker Program . The thing is many illegals want to live in the U.S full time preferably in California it seems and to have kids here so they become citizens and also quality for benefits .
Unfortunately California will also now be more attractive to the criminal aliens because they know they can't get deported .
Many criminals know the laws better than non criminals .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2017, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Chicago area
13,019 posts, read 7,193,418 times
Reputation: 49965
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Could you give some examples of how he could handle the issue with more class ?
I think if he just took a super politically correct tone like most politicians then people wouldn't view him as serious about wanting to really change things .

"I would close up our borders to people until we figure out what's going on." Two hours later: "I would be extremely careful about people from the Middle East coming into our country. We should be vigilant at the borders. We have to be tough. Then it went to: "I didn't say shut it down. I said you have to be very very strong and vigilant at the borders. We have to be tough."

First it was a Muslim ban, then it wasn't a Muslim ban. Tweeting negative things about people who question you is childish. Going after a store that drops your daughters line of clothing is petty.
Honesty and consistency breeds trust, deceit does not.

Trying to ram through an unconstitutional ill thought out Muslim ban.....twice, makes you look like an idiot.

Yes I support the rule of law and enforcing it when it comes to illegals, but Trump is a verbally incontinent buffoon who is clueless about how to govern.

Not shaking Angela Merkel's hand in front of the cameras and the world is beyond classless.

There is a difference then being overly politically correct and being crude, obnoxious, and abrasive.

If you were a parent and you saw your own child being rude to someone like that would you not correct them? This is the most powerful man on the plane behaving like a spoiled, entitled child. Embarrassing ya think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2017, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
4,514 posts, read 1,940,056 times
Reputation: 6740
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
"I would close up our borders to people until we figure out what's going on." Two hours later: "I would be extremely careful about people from the Middle East coming into our country. We should be vigilant at the borders. We have to be tough. Then it went to: "I didn't say shut it down. I said you have to be very very strong and vigilant at the borders. We have to be tough."

First it was a Muslim ban, then it wasn't a Muslim ban. Tweeting negative things about people who question you is childish. Going after a store that drops your daughters line of clothing is petty.
Honesty and consistency breeds trust, deceit does not.

Trying to ram through an unconstitutional ill thought out Muslim ban.....twice, makes you look like an idiot.

Yes I support the rule of law and enforcing it when it comes to illegals, but Trump is a verbally incontinent buffoon who is clueless about how to govern.

Not shaking Angela Merkel's hand in front of the cameras and the world is beyond classless.

There is a difference then being overly politically correct and being crude, obnoxious, and abrasive.

If you were a parent and you saw your own child being rude to someone like that would you not correct them? This is the most powerful man on the plane behaving like a spoiled, entitled child. Embarrassing ya think?
The US has had laws about immigration, citizenship, and borders long before Trump. Also, Angele Merkel and the Muslim ban are completely irrelevant to this topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2017, 11:50 PM
 
Location: Nevada side of Lake Tahoe
4,902 posts, read 2,955,461 times
Reputation: 3171
You want to know why California won't get rid of illegals?

They have a huge amount of them, especially in the southern part of the state. Southern California (besides the city of Los Angeles) leans Republican. It only goes democrat due to illegals giving them votes. If illegals get removed from the state, the dems would lose SoCal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top