U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 05:14 PM

6,907 posts, read 11,694,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
If it actually starts being constructed I can see campout style protesting like Standing Rock by people who have nothing else to do and who will leave a bunch of trash in their wake. They will think quite highly of themselves because they always do.
Since most of the areas where the fence will be built, at least in Texas, are on private property protestors and trespassers will be removed quickly. By force if necessary.

Last edited by stiffnecked; 04-08-2017 at 06:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 05:37 PM

2,638 posts, read 679,150 times
It's a start. How do cartels get drugs into the US? - BBC News Most come in on boats and underground tunnels. But, the Mexican police just over the border get told they'll make loads of money if they ignore and if they don't they'll die.

I think the trouble they'll see building the wall will be a real threat. Unfortunately there will be cartel trying to off the workers down there. It will be a tough job. I hope they are paid well.

I'm sure the wall isn't the only recourse we will be participating in. It's just part of it.

Old 04-08-2017, 06:02 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
It's a start. How do cartels get drugs into the US? - BBC News Most come in on boats and underground tunnels. But, the Mexican police just over the border get told they'll make loads of money if they ignore and if they don't they'll die.

I think the trouble they'll see building the wall will be a real threat. Unfortunately there will be cartel trying to off the workers down there. It will be a tough job. I hope they are paid well.

I'm sure the wall isn't the only recourse we will be participating in. It's just part of it.
IF the cartels started murdering our people on US land; that'd be an Act of War and, Trump will send our Armed Forces to take care of business. Then Mexico will need who to side with: the cartels or its decent people. Choose wisely, Mexico.

Old 04-08-2017, 06:32 PM

17,994 posts, read 17,150,498 times
On the places where they can't build anything, they may need to station permanent guards. We can't have open borders. I don't think most Dems or Repubs want that. We want drugs kept OUT and that will mean less temptation for American kids to turn into drug addicts. Do something about the drugs coming in by sea too. We have people going to Florida and bringing the drugs north in their cars. It's got to stop.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:19 PM

13,478 posts, read 9,602,375 times
Out by Area 51, they have advanced motion detectors and surveillance. By the time you get anywhere near the restricted zone, they know exactly where you are and if you are feeling frisky and venture onto the restricted area, you will find yourself acquainted with some govt types that will roll up in a white SUV.

You will then find yourself in jail in Pioche a thousand miles away, and your vehicle impounded at your expense in a town a thousand miles in the opposite direction.

If we have this kind of technology, why don't we just use that instead of a wall? I'd rather hire more guys and use more tech than build a dumb wall.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:23 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,416,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Out by Area 51, they have advanced motion detectors and surveillance. By the time you get anywhere near the restricted zone, they know exactly where you are and if you are feeling frisky and venture onto the restricted area, you will find yourself acquainted with some govt types that will roll up in a white SUV.

You will then find yourself in jail in Pioche a thousand miles away, and your vehicle impounded at your expense in a town a thousand miles in the opposite direction.

If we have this kind of technology, why don't we just use that instead of a wall? I'd rather hire more guys and use more tech than build a dumb wall.
How about both?

Think of it like this....runners, NBA players,ect...use headbands to keep sweat out of their eyes. It may not catch all of the sweat, but its better than having nothing at all on ur head. I see the wall in a similar fashion.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:41 AM

11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

Well...some years back my daughter and son-in-law went to a Border Patrol job fair. The agent they talked to didn't mince any words. They were told that if they got hired, they would be on the graveyard shift and be the only agent around for 70 miles. If they needed backup, none would be coming anytime soon.

In order for your plan to work, many, many more agents will have to be trained and hired. They also have to be close enough to quickly respond to any intrusions.

The wall is not a "dumb wall". When Bill Clinton was president, a wall was built on the San Diego/Tijuana border which drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings. Walls do work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or