U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 09:47 AM

16,564 posts, read 16,220,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Stories like your friend is why we need REAL immigration reform, not this knee jerk reactions crap that the current administration is trying to roll out.
Although I'm kind of wondering why your friend doesn't qualify for scholarship, there's scholarships for damn near everybody
Back to the wall:
The wall will never get built. Building a damn wall will not solve the fricken problem
The left has made it a mission to blend illegals and legal immigration as one, which gives no hope for real immigration reform. For this friend, him and his father were really optimistic when Obama was elected that things would improve, but they are both, especially his father really disappointed, they only seem concerned about illegal immigrants to win brownie points. The left is trying to spin it by saying, if you don't support legalizing illegal immigrants, then you hate all immigrants, which is such a misleading statement. I think cracking down on sanctuary cities/states would be a good way to force enforcement. As far as scholarships, do you have specific names for Florida for someone without a green card or ssn?

Old 04-05-2017, 10:00 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
The left has made it a mission to blend illegals and legal immigration as one, which gives no hope for real immigration reform. For this friend, him and his father were really optimistic when Obama was elected that things would improve, but they are both, especially his father really disappointed, they only seem concerned about illegal immigrants to win brownie points. The left is trying to spin it by saying, if you don't support legalizing illegal immigrants, then you hate all immigrants, which is such a misleading statement. I think cracking down on sanctuary cities/states would be a good way to force enforcement. As far as scholarships, do you have specific names for Florida for someone without a green card or ssn?
The real solution is what we did to that bakery in PB. You fine the hell out of the owners. You clamp down on social services. If there are no jobs and no freebies they will self deport. Right now it's like a free for all to anyone that can jump, crawl or swim to get here. We need a visa bond too. If someone overstays let the bounty hunters find em and keep the bond.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt_10 View Post
Lol. What a joke. The idea of a wall is racist, unnecessary, irrelevant, and unnatural.We should have had walls long time ago along the perimeter of the entire country so that no one would have ever immigrated to America legally or illegally. ever. oh.. wait. then America would have just had only native Americans.. I recommend the following to make San Diego great again.

1. Overcrowded and understaffed grocery stores. Yikes. Ralphs and Vons sucks ass. Allocate funding to better staff these stores. And the self check out counter closes at 10 pm. Really? SD stores are overcrowded even at midnight. Huh.

2. More parking structures particualrly in PB, hillcrest, and La jolla. It is extremely inconvenient to drive to these places and not find parking.

3. A better solution to uber surge pricing. Of course we are going to ask for uber at 2 am when the bars shut. Come up with a better plan to accommodate us instead of surging prices to ridiculous amounts. This is what is probably causing drunk driving. Surge pricing is highly inconvenient.

4. Allocate separate designated neighborhoods for irresponsible dog owners. Prohibit them from moving to other neighborhoods.
Interesting rant. Are grocery stores federally governed? I thought drunks caused drunk driving. Do we need a wall around the dog city?

Oh, from the UT http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...404-story.html

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 04-05-2017 at 10:25 AM..

Old 04-05-2017, 11:20 AM

7,031 posts, read 3,744,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Interesting rant. Do we need a wall around the dog city?

Build the dog wall! But the dog wall will have to be at least 40 feet tall and 40 feet deep. I've heard that dogs can jump really high and dig really deep. Especially the barkers.

Last edited by RosieSD; 04-05-2017 at 11:33 AM..

Old 04-05-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Build the dog wall! But the dog wall will have to be at least 40 feet tall and 40 feet deep. I've heard that dogs can jump really high and dig really deep. Especially the barkers.
Barkers?

That's racist

Old 04-05-2017, 12:16 PM

16,062 posts, read 9,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt_10 View Post
Well. I am trying to say there are pressing needs in San Deigo/America and the wall is not one of them. Most people would agree that the points I made will improve SD and the country but the wall will only create more problems instead of solving them.

Also it baffles me that we are so focused on illegal immigration when legal immigration is just a huge mess. My friend is going through legal immigration right now and it's such a messy and complicated process. Most Americans are clueless about this and it is never talked about.
Those are State needs and to be funded by the State, not the Feds.

As to immigration, ever hear of Ellis Island?

Old 04-05-2017, 12:30 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,591,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Barkers?

That's racist
Snowflake

Old 04-05-2017, 12:47 PM

7,183 posts, read 7,513,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Partially Agree!
Don't get me wrong, Obama's plan was only slightly better than Trumps, but when Obama ask us on the right to come up with a better plan, there was Crickets Chirping.(Google Video)
The Left, Right, and middle, no one has the answers, so we are going to try and leave bipartisanship out of the this thread.
Clamping down on Illegal immigrants is only a Band Aid on the bigger problems in this country. Our Government getting involved in anything but, running the day to day operations of this country would be a big mistake.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:47 PM

16,062 posts, read 9,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Partially Agree!
Don't get me wrong, Obama's plan was only slightly better than Trumps, but when Obama ask us on the right to come up with a better plan, there was Crickets Chirping.(Google Video)
The Left, Right, and middle, no one has the answers, so we are going to try and leave bipartisanship out of the this thread.
Clamping down on Illegal immigrants is only a Band Aid on the bigger problems in this country. Our Government getting involved in anything but, running the day to day operations of this country would be a big mistake.
Well ending illegal immigration and the jobs they take and the services they use, would have a positive impact on the economy. Let them come in legally with the right background check and a job waiting and in other words, obeying the law. If it were done the Gov't would have more time and money to do what it should be doing, both Fed and State.

You get no answer from any party because they all want their families votes (Those born here and now voting age citizens)

Old 04-05-2017, 02:03 PM

The only thing I want to know is, we already have a wall. Why are they using the SD sector for this? Trying to use ours as a model I'm guessing because it works so well. Would make more sense to put it together where it's going up like AZ or TX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or