U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 10:36 PM

2,970 posts, read 879,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
YOur post certainly indicate you have no idea what is going on. Not a single additional dime has been added to any ICE budget. Not a single dime has been allocated to build a wall.

You really think something has changed? Gee I got a bridge in Brooklyn I am trying to sell...
Ok. And I read news reports that ICE is cracking down, illegals are in fear, some are leaving, border crossings are down. Sounds like ICE is doing great for being partly funded.

Your "all we gotta do is make them legal" also comes with a price tag as well, short term and long term. At least be real with yourself when throwing out hyperboles. If we're going to play in fantasy land where money is no issue, why do you choose to keep millions poor uneducated unskilled people that are illegally residing in this country? Please stay within the boundaries of this the question, forget the some are visa overstay, some pay taxes, some will grow up to be great, some are not poor uneducated, unskilled, the process is too long, most are law abiding (lol).

By the way it sounds​ like your bridge in Brooklyn turned out to be a bad investment for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 05:26 AM

2,428 posts, read 785,492 times
Quote:
Not a chance. The Chambers of Commerce have much more pull than most groups. And at that asll you would do would force the illegals to the black market creating a bigger problem then we have now.
I disagree. Once the media showcases a few suburban housewives heading to jail for hiring illegals to clean house, most folks will get the message and illegals will find themselves unemployable. A couple corporate CEO's going to jail for hiring illegals will send a pretty powerful message too.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:20 AM

10,741 posts, read 3,748,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Ok. And I read news reports that ICE is cracking down, illegals are in fear, some are leaving, border crossings are down. Sounds like ICE is doing great for being partly funded.

Your "all we gotta do is make them legal" also comes with a price tag as well, short term and long term. At least be real with yourself when throwing out hyperboles. If we're going to play in fantasy land where money is no issue, why do you choose to keep millions poor uneducated unskilled people that are illegally residing in this country? Please stay within the boundaries of this the question, forget the some are visa overstay, some pay taxes, some will grow up to be great, some are not poor uneducated, unskilled, the process is too long, most are law abiding (lol).

By the way it sounds​ like your bridge in Brooklyn turned out to be a bad investment for you.
ICE is simply becoming more aggressive. But there is no additional funding when big budget increases would be needed for any significant progress. ICE can growl more under Trump but it has the same set of teeth...showing them will have little impact.

I don't want to keep millions of unskilled aliens. There is simply no other practical solution. There is little additional cost and in fact may eventually provide some savings and a stabilization of US salaries as the weight of the illegals depressing salaries diminishes.

I don't own the bridge in Brooklyn...just selling it. Like the impact of no new funding is going to get rid of the illegals.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
ICE is simply becoming more aggressive. But there is no additional funding when big budget increases would be needed for any significant progress. ICE can growl more under Trump but it has the same set of teeth...showing them will have little impact.

I don't want to keep millions of unskilled aliens. There is simply no other practical solution. There is little additional cost and in fact may eventually provide some savings and a stabilization of US salaries as the weight of the illegals depressing salaries diminishes.

I don't own the bridge in Brooklyn...just selling it. Like the impact of no new funding is going to get rid of the illegals.
Like I said, I'm going off of what is being reported in the news; illegals being deported, border crossing are down, etc despite the lack of funds per your claim. "Little additional cost" and "in fact" is also your own claim, but I don't see see any facts.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:25 AM

2,646 posts, read 5,973,883 times
Exclamation absolutely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
Just fine the employers. And make it hurt.

Immigrants come here to find work. If no one hires them, they will stop coming. And if employers of illegals are steeply fined, America puts money in its pocket instead of blowing billions on a useless wall.

But will it ever happen?

No way. Can't fine those law-breaking employers, can we? They are making too much money from low paid illegals.
I've been saying this for a very long time. If I could work 'under the table' I would, too. It's not the workers fault the employer is a scammer and a cheat. They bust their backs to help feed us. Let them work and have the employer provide whatever it is they need to work confidently. Work visas or whatever... do I want to work the fields, no thank you...does anyone?
Koale

Old 04-06-2017, 03:23 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
Quote:

Practical solution is to keep chipping away, make them wonder when they'll get a traffic stop, a knock at the door, someone outside the courthouse............

Little additional cost? What the heck are you talking about, $11 billion a year and growing, that was a total from 2013, imagine all the anchors brought into the world at the expense of American taxpayers. Without the promise of legalization or citizenship, no welfare for the whole family, many will become discouraged and others won't come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
I've been saying this for a very long time. If I could work 'under the table' I would, too. It's not the workers fault the employer is a scammer and a cheat. They bust their backs to help feed us. Let them work and have the employer provide whatever it is they need to work confidently. Work visas or whatever... do I want to work the fields, no thank you...does anyone?
Koale
Wait, the workers are illegally present in the USA. They are working without the right to work in the USA. It is the worker's fault, and many of those are using stolen identities, some getting past e-verify especially before extra precautions were taken in 2013 to tighten it down.

I am busting my back to feed them and birth their anchor babies!!!!!!!!

An unlimited number of agricultural visas are available. As long as the illegal aliens are allowed to enter the country and stay, there is no reason to bother getting the temp visas for them to come in and work. Secure the border to stop illegal aliens from coming and employers from hiring them, thus the aliens can come in on temp visas and not be exploited.

Plenty of citizens working in the fields. I find it amusing what those supporting illegal aliens say about jobs Americans won't do: Are There Really Jobs Americans Won

If the government paid to birth and raise our kids, we could have worked for less also.

One in every 8 white collar jobs is now held by an illegal alien. We have plenty of white collar workers ready to take those jobs when we deport the illegals. Plenty of roofers and other construction workers waiting to get their jobs back once we oust the illegals.

Expand your horizons for best results when it comes to the plague of the illegal aliens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Practical solution is to keep chipping away, make them wonder when they'll get a traffic stop, a knock at the door, someone outside the courthouse............

Little additional cost? What the heck are you talking about, $11 billion a year and growing, that was a total from 2013, imagine all the anchors brought into the world at the expense of American taxpayers. Without the promise of legalization or citizenship, no welfare for the whole family, many will become discouraged and others won't come.

Wait, the workers are illegally present in the USA. They are working without the right to work in the USA. It is the worker's fault, and many of those are using stolen identities, some getting past e-verify especially before extra precautions were taken in 2013 to tighten it down.

I am busting my back to feed them and birth their anchor babies!!!!!!!!

An unlimited number of agricultural visas are available. As long as the illegal aliens are allowed to enter the country and stay, there is no reason to bother getting the temp visas for them to come in and work. Secure the border to stop illegal aliens from coming and employers from hiring them, thus the aliens can come in on temp visas and not be exploited.

Plenty of citizens working in the fields. I find it amusing what those supporting illegal aliens say about jobs Americans won't do: Are There Really Jobs Americans Won

If the government paid to birth and raise our kids, we could have worked for less also.

One in every 8 white collar jobs is now held by an illegal alien. We have plenty of white collar workers ready to take those jobs when we deport the illegals. Plenty of roofers and other construction workers waiting to get their jobs back once we oust the illegals.

Expand your horizons for best results when it comes to the plague of the illegal aliens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Utterly irrational post. There is no will in the country to deport the illegals. And there is no interest or intent to provide the legislation or funding to do so. It is. Not going to happen.
The anchor babies are American citizens. If forced to leave with a parent they will be back. Guess how that will work out?

Old 04-06-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Utterly irrational post. There is no will in the country to deport the illegals. And there is no interest or intent to provide the legislation or funding to do so. It is. Not going to happen.
The anchor babies are American citizens. If forced to leave with a parent they will be back. Guess how that will work out?
What is the basis for this besides your opinion?

Old 04-06-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
What is the basis for this besides your opinion?
30 years of US Congress behavior.

Recently?

Paul Ryan: No Deportations - Breitbart

US views?
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2017/im...mmigration.pdf

Immigration

In U.S., 65% Favor Path to Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants | Gallup

The evidence is overpowering.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:15 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
Koale
Uh; please post up a link PROVING food costs would really go up with most illegal aliens gone. Too; less than 5 percent of illegals even work on farms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or