Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 01:40 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,260,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Canadian jingoist. Sound just like the American equivalent. Basically selling disguised racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 01:40 PM

25,722 posts, read 21,885,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Let an an anchor kid be mad at the US since it's their parents who who tried to scam the US and, got punished. I don't care.
Like we really would care. Let them come in with a chip on their shoulder ready to show us and they'll end up behind bars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I do. The potential for a large number of alienated young people created by us returning to the US to wreak havoc for a couple of decades does not turn me on.
So will they wreak havoc and then hide in a sanctuary city? If not, the laws will apply to them. No more protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Especially when they may return with the education to become a lawyer, judge or political figure.
That isn't very likely. Will they even have the funds to return and unless the parents are wealthy, they won't have the education. I don't think many wealthy foreigners come in to have anchor babies and suck the teat of public assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If those anchors are THAT stupid; it WILL go very badly against their kind like as in maybe the US doing a "Dominican Republic" and, yanking birthright citizenship from anybody born before maybe 2000 if BOTH parents were illegal aliens.
Agree. I think many will have made lives for themselves. If a country expelled me, I would avoid returning. Their parents were using them for public assistance benefits arriving hands out.

Quote:
Do you honestly believe that this would get past congress and/or SCOTUS? I'm pretty middle of the road and don't think so.
We can't really tell what the future will bring. It depends. If we get enough of them continuing to commit crime and scam the system, maybe. The trick in that 14th Amendment is that one parent must be subject to jurisdiction of the US, two illegals parents = no citizenship, not sure why this was let go, but it is responsible for a big mess now that has to be cleaned up: Levin: 'Completely False' That Children Born to Illegals Have Constitutional Right to Citizenship

Old 04-09-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Canadian jingoist. Sound just like the American equivalent. Basically selling disguised racism.
What race are you talking about? The only disguised racism I have seen when it comes to illegal aliens is using them to replace our black workers, black is a race.

Civil-rights commish: Blacks hammered by illegal immigration

Unskilled Workers Lose Out to Immigrants - NYTimes.com

ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL despite one's race and crying RACISM in the case of illegal aliens has been debunked time and time again. It is the "go-to" when you have lost the argument.

Now that amnesty and citizenship is off the table and enforcement has resumed, we will make a significant dent in the issue. Watch and see!

Chipping away: https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ic...-focused-va-dc

Criminals go home before your number is up!

Old 04-09-2017, 01:55 PM

1,225 posts, read 602,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Like we really would care. Let them come in with a chip on their shoulder ready to show us and they'll end up behind bars!

So will they wreak havoc and then hide in a sanctuary city? If not, the laws will apply to them. No more protection.

That isn't very likely. Will they even have the funds to return and unless the parents are wealthy, they won't have the education. I don't think many wealthy foreigners come in to have anchor babies and suck the teat of public assistance

Agree. I think many will have made lives for themselves. If a country expelled me, I would avoid returning. Their parents were using them for public assistance benefits arriving hands out.

We can't really tell what the future will bring. It depends. If we get enough of them continuing to commit crime and scam the system, maybe. The trick in that 14th Amendment is that one parent must be subject to jurisdiction of the US, two illegals parents = no citizenship, not sure why this was let go, but it is responsible for a big mess now that has to be cleaned up: Levin: 'Completely False' That Children Born to Illegals Have Constitutional Right to Citizenship
Some already have excellent education and their parents have good paying jobs. Not everyone is on assistance that is here.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Some already have excellent education and their parents have good paying jobs. Not everyone is on assistance that is here.
How is that possible? Isn't the liberal argument that they are cleaning toilets and picking crops, jobs Americans won't do? Isn't that the argument? So you are saying that we have American citizens who don't want "good paying jobs"?

Our citizen children suffer because these illegal alien anchors suck down so much of the resources in public schools. They basically stole those educations at the cost to our citizens.

I know that often the father is working and not staying full-time in the house, just for "servicing" for another anchor, and the women have 5 or 6 kids on welfare. Saw one bragging that was pregnant in the grocery store shopping with my tax dollars about all of her other kids being on "STATE" insurance, that is welfare!

I don't the rise of anchors pouring from south of the border taking the country over and if they raise havoc, they can be dealt with like other citizens for a change if they return.

Yep, I want them out. They have ruined neighborhoods and schools here and increased the crime rate. They bring their issues with them, the same issues that brought them down where they came from.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
How is that possible? Isn't the liberal argument that they are cleaning toilets and picking crops, jobs Americans won't do? Isn't that the argument? So you are saying that we have American citizens who don't want "good paying jobs"?

Our citizen children suffer because these illegal alien anchors suck down so much of the resources in public schools. They basically stole those educations at the cost to our citizens.

I know that often the father is working and not staying full-time in the house, just for "servicing" for another anchor, and the women have 5 or 6 kids on welfare. Saw one bragging that was pregnant in the grocery store shopping with my tax dollars about all of her other kids being on "STATE" insurance, that is welfare!

I don't the rise of anchors pouring from south of the border taking the country over and if they raise havoc, they can be dealt with like other citizens for a change if they return.

Yep, I want them out. They have ruined neighborhoods and schools here and increased the crime rate. They bring their issues with them, the same issues that brought them down where they came from.
I'm saying some do have excellent jobs, some have crappy ones. Some have overstayed work visas and have the same job that they entered with. Until employers are penalized it will likely continue

Also I'm not a lib, quite moderate actually

Old 04-09-2017, 02:48 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,848,123 times
Quote:
Impossible for all intents and purposes. A Constitutional amendment is a very difficult thing requiring a very broad general consensus to pass. There is not even a majority.

Given the performance of Trump it may well change radically in 20l18.
The SCOTUS could still say the 14th was for freed slaves and their kids ONLY. NOT US born kids of illegal aliens.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:40 PM

22,325 posts, read 11,846,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Oh, I think I see what you mean. Those who came here on a visa and just overstayed can probably go to a lawyer and have their status adjusted from temporary to permanent resident. Also, the legal fees are expensive as are the high fees to USCIS for every packet of documentation they are required to submit, probably in the thousands of dollars, at least. It's not an easy process and it can take a long time. Probably could get deported while trying.

But I would be more in favor of that because at least they came here LEGALLY in the first place. They didn't snub our laws and come here for some ulterior purpose, like taking a grunt job and then just going into hiding. They actually had the decency to apply in the first place--I'll give them credit for that. They are the ones who usually get caught too--because they had the decency to apply, to provide papers/documentation. We know who they are, unlike the true illegals who have no papers and no one has any idea who they really are.
I'm not quite sure as to what you're trying to get at here^^^^

Are you talking about those who deliberately overstayed their visas? If so...

Yes, they came legally but they refused to leave when their visa was up. Why should they be rewarded for doing that? And many did "come here for some ulterior purpose, like taking a grunt job and just going into hiding". That's what all the illegal Irish have done. Then there are those whose H1-Bs expired and refused to leave.

None of these people deserve to adjust their status. They all need to be deported.

That said, if I misunderstood what you were getting at...please explain what you meant.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm not quite sure as to what you're trying to get at here^^^^

Are you talking about those who deliberately overstayed their visas? If so...

Yes, they came legally but they refused to leave when their visa was up. Why should they be rewarded for doing that? And many did "come here for some ulterior purpose, like taking a grunt job and just going into hiding". That's what all the illegal Irish have done. Then there are those whose H1-Bs expired and refused to leave.

None of these people deserve to adjust their status. They all need to be deported.

That said, if I misunderstood what you were getting at...please explain what you meant.
They only may if they're an immediate relative of a legal age US citizen.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:11 PM

3,575 posts, read 4,493,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Per the bolded --- Not everybody who is sneaking across the border is coming here to work. Many are coming to cause us harm. For example, drug smugglers and child traffickers as well as OTMs who are terrorists. Among the tons of trash that illegals dump on fragile desert eco-systems, Muslim prayer rugs and Korans have been found as well as a diary written in Arabic.

Scroll down to a story that aired on KVOA in Tucson on 8/13/04. It's titled: "Illegals from terrorist nations are crossing the border into Arizona"

Desert Invasion US - July through December 2004 Articles on destruction of border forests and border deserts
Completely agree. Something needs to be legislated
AND. No more sanctuary anything. Except church
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration