U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 07:20 AM

725 posts, read 251,264 times

Advertisements

Just fine the employers. And make it hurt.

Immigrants come here to find work. If no one hires them, they will stop coming. And if employers of illegals are steeply fined, America puts money in its pocket instead of blowing billions on a useless wall.

But will it ever happen?

No way. Can't fine those law-breaking employers, can we? They are making too much money from low paid illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 08:00 AM

1,913 posts, read 1,807,969 times
Just curious, do you even know any illegals? The illegals I know all use stolen identities which makes it next to impossible for employers to know who is illegal and who is not. Get some real world experience in the problem and then come back to top post.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:02 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
It isn't that easy. Unless you also stop the 14th Amendment from being abused, they'll come with bellies of anchor babies to collect public assistance benefits.

We also have them coming into the criminal element and they don't need jobs.

It must be a comprehensive approach.

Border crossings are the lowest they have been in 17 years, and I suspect amnesty no longer being discussed is the major reason. Even in our town, every time amnesty was mentioned I could see more newbies in town. Just a couple of days ago, I saw a caravan going out of town. It gave me hope and joy!

Citizenship would have meant they did not need jobs as the entire family would have immediately had a wide array of public assistance programs available to them.

I think many that come to work actually save up money and return to their home countries. We are left with those that came to be supported by the American citizens. I mean, Mexico passes out a brochure telling their people how to navigate our system: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/06/wo...n-us.html?_r=0 Mexico extends a welcome to those passing through to enter the US illegally.

Some look for work, many more for all the handouts they can get. Many single women with 5 or 6 kids, immaculate conceptions, I don't think so.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:19 AM

1,125 posts, read 448,666 times
And also we are required to provide education to "children" that make it over the border. They can claim any age and sit in classrooms with 14 year old girls. They know this and will continue to cross over job or not

Old 04-05-2017, 11:11 AM

3,002 posts, read 1,962,296 times
Anchor babies cost tax payer billions in welfare. E-verify can catch about 90% of the ones using phony papers, but because the US chamber of Commerce lobbied congress they gutted the penalty. Lot of times the American children born of illegals are getting warfare and food stamps at the same time the illegal parents are working for cash. This is how illegals can become rich some even owning businesses and property. Lot of the home building industry uses illegals sub contractors which use illegal labor.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:28 AM

2,615 posts, read 1,349,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Just curious, do you even know any illegals? The illegals I know all use stolen identities which makes it next to impossible for employers to know who is illegal and who is not. Get some real world experience in the problem and then come back to top post.
I believe the E-Verify system could/would eliminate the use of stolen or fake ID's.

Here is my solution to the legalization of foreign workers to work in the US.

Note: This scenario was emailed to both my Senators about a year ago without a response. It was also emailed to my House Representative and I did receive a response but it was more of a fund raising response while bushing aside my proposal.

1. Fool proof national ID cared for all provided free to charge.

2. Within ten years all business must have an E-Verify system set up to check the national ID card against HLS data computer banks. In the mean time data would have to be entered in the HLS web site and must be verified against the present HLS data base. This would apply to both US citizens and foreign born aliens seeking employment.

3. All businesses who feel they cannot fill their employment requirements with legal workers must apply to HLS for foreign workers.

4. HLS, in a timely manner, will ask these business if their needs/needed labor requirements can be done, at prevailing wages, by US citizens and/or persons who are in the US legally.

5. If the answer to question #4 is no, then the following steps must be completed.
a. HLS will require all business needing workers to advertise in all local and in some cases national media outlets including the network for workers to fill those required jobs at prevailing wages.
b. After a reasonable time, after the ad is placed and if the jobs are not filled, businesses may reapply to HLS to fill job requirements with foreign nationals.

6. HLS will then advertise with interested foreign governments around the world that certain jobs are available in the US at prevailing wages. Workers must apply for those jobs at the US Embassy/Consuls in the country of origin.

7. A mandatory back ground check must be done on all applicants by both HLS and the country of origin. These workers who pass the security checks would be placed on a waiting list for an employment request by a US employer and clearance would be issued to anyone who passes the background check. When a request from a US employer requesting a worker, he/she is then granted a work visa/green card to come and work in the US.

See part two.....

Old 04-05-2017, 11:39 AM

725 posts, read 251,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Sure. In fact I worked with some back in the 90s. Back then, no one gave a hoot.

As for stolen identities, they all need a Social Security number. The guys I knew told me they made them up back then. Submit that to the SSA and see if the name matches the number. It can't be that hard.

All of the guys I knew in the building trades had to submit proof of identification (photo ID) and a SS card and fill out a form with all that information on it. The employer or foreman had to then sign the document saying the identification provided was as stated and that the person showing the IDs was the same in the photo ID. But apparently no one cross checked the SS numbers with SSA, nor, apparently, did SSA do it.

But even with all this, I never once heard of any employer being fined or prosecuted for hiring illegals. Without consequences, what's the motivation to ensure you aren't hiring illegals?

Old 04-05-2017, 12:05 PM

2,615 posts, read 1,349,825 times
Part two:

8. Workers would be allowed into he US under their own expense of the expense of the prospective employer, the US federal government would not be responsible for any transportation cost or related cost be it housing, food or social cost. Fore example, a round trip ticket must be in hand when leaving the country of origin and that ticket must be given to the HLS for exchange3 for their needed work visa/green card upon arrival in the US. The worker would stay no longer than a stated time limit that would be printed on the work visa/green card and not exceed one year. In case of seasonal work the work visa/green card would only apply for that duration.

9. All workers at the end of their employment stay/contract must relinquish their work visa/green card to HLS in exchange for their return ticket and they must return to their country of origin and if said worker wanted to return to work in the US they must wait in their country of origin for a US employer requesting for more workers needed for further employment requirements in the US. But said workers would be place on the top of the requesting list if said worker had no crimial offenses of any kind while employed in the US or in the country of origin.

10. An city, county and/or state government who harbors or protects criminal illegals aliens in any manner would be denied federal funds as seem appropriate by the federal government. Any non-government agency who harbors or protects illegal aliens in any manner that is against federal law would be denied tax exempt status. This would include any and all religious groups and/or nonprofit organizations of any kind.

11. Any foreign national who breaks our laws in any manner while working in the US under this program with a work visa/green card or not will be deported immediately without appeal after the justice system is finished with them. Any city, county or state government that doesn't comply with reporting a violation of their work visa/green card to the either HLS or ICE will be denied any federal monies that the federal government deems appropriate.

12. Any business who refuses or misuses the E-Verify system and employs illegals aliens illegally in the US would be shut down and/or fined the equivalent of one days wages for each illegal alien employed at the prevailing wage for each day of the violation. All illegals aliens who are found to be employed by said businesses would be deported immediately without appeal and that business would have to pay all costs for deportation and/or associated legal costs and transportation.

13. Citizenship would have to be applied for and granted just like any other person who wants to enter the USA with citizenship in mind. But the citizenship application must be applied for in the country of origin and only though the US Embassy/US Consul in the their country of origin. No citizenship application will be granted to anyone while residing in the US illegally.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:31 PM

9,693 posts, read 5,272,723 times
That would be a big help, but, let's be clear, illegals would still find employment (as nannies, construction aids, etc.) and many shady employers would find the risk worthwhile. We need a multi-tiered approach.

Old 04-05-2017, 05:39 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
You come off as being in the know and point out how certain things won't work. So what are your suggestions to this problem?

I agree. I've said it before on these message boards, a wall is good but let's hit them where it really hurts, cut off employment opportunities. Mandate E-verify, punish employers, flag SSN duplicates, make it a serious crime to employ an illegal.
Allow the cops to arrest any KNOWN illegal alien, too. THAT will scare the hell out of most illegals real quick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or