U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 10:26 PM

2,638 posts, read 679,150 times

Advertisements

I heard robbers where protesting for better conditions while they rob banks. They feel they're handled badly. Some of their kids are starving, and we need to start being more understanding. There are some nice bank robbers who don't carry real weapons yet they are handled like they're packin. We need to be more understanding.

Does ^ work with any other illegal task? Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 10:30 PM

2,638 posts, read 679,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Wait, are you a lawyer?

Actually this is not correct. The supreme court has settled this and undocumented immigrants are entitled to due process and a free k-12 education.
Children are. We are humane to children regardless of their parents issues.

A forty year old illegal is not entitled to a free education are they? Can a forty year old illegal apply for a free ride through college?

Old 04-09-2017, 11:28 PM

18,542 posts, read 13,678,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Children are. We are humane to children regardless of their parents issues.

A forty year old illegal is not entitled to a free education are they? Can a forty year old illegal apply for a free ride through college?
Under the last Administration I wouldn't be surprised

Old 04-10-2017, 03:33 AM

30,105 posts, read 15,661,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Wait, are you a lawyer?

Actually this is not correct. The supreme court has settled this and undocumented immigrants are entitled to due process and a free k-12 education.
"Undocumented" = illegal alien. Last I checked non-citizens are not entitled to Constitutional protections, and many Constitutional lawyers agree.

The Supreme Court does not make law. They render opinions. If they were entitled to the protections of citizens, there would be no deportations. One would only need to make it across the border, and "boom" ...that's what the "open border" Leftists want. That isn't what our Constitution and our laws say.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:25 AM

1,225 posts, read 361,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Undocumented" = illegal alien. Last I checked non-citizens are not entitled to Constitutional protections, and many Constitutional lawyers agree.

The Supreme Court does not make law. They render opinions. If they were entitled to the protections of citizens, there would be no deportations. One would only need to make it across the border, and "boom" ...that's what the "open border" Leftists want. That isn't what our Constitution and our laws say.
You're wrong. Yes, illegal aliens have constitutional rights | TheHill

The 5th, 14th apply

Old 04-10-2017, 09:26 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Haha only 3000 people showed up!

Old 04-10-2017, 10:28 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Haha only 3000 people showed up!
I wondered how it went. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:39 PM

295 posts, read 158,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
In Mexico an illegal alien would be jailed for protesting.
As it should be. We should follow Mexico's immigration policy.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:47 AM

30,105 posts, read 15,661,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
I read the article, written by an author who may be extremely biased on the issue. I also read about one of the court cases that were cited, with Scalia, Thomas joining in dissent, and I read their dissent: https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/99-7791.ZD.html

So, it seems the Court is divided on this. I stand with the dissent. Scalia asks, what is the difference between one who is prevented from entry at the border, and one who manages to enter (illegally), and is later detained? The one prevented from entry has no legal right to enter; yet the one who does enter (illegally) has Constitutional rights?

In my reading of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution, it is talking about "citizens of the United States." I think it is a misinterpretation to then claim that "any person" in the next clause (within the same sentence) would refer to someone here who is not a citizen, and in fact entered the country illegally. It is clear by the first that the Amendment is referring to "citizens of the United States."

If the majority opinion on this is correct, then we might as well just throw our borders open to all. Forget the "wall." "Ya'll come on in!" Thus, we are no longer a sovereign country and have no right to prevent entry of anyone. That is clearly the Liberal view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or