Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 07:18 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,878,126 times

Advertisements

Michael Evangelista-Ysasaga, chief executive of The Penna Group LLC, a general contractor in Fort Worth, Texas, said he has received about a dozen death threats since publicly expressing interest in bidding, including one from a woman who told him she hired a private investigator to trail him.

Evangelista-Ysasaga said he bid in part because he wants broad immigration reform. Securing the border, he said, is a prerequisite for granting a path to citizenship to millions in the U.S. illegally.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/border-wa...061613813.html

Illegal alien fans: this dude's kinda on YOUR side; are you people THAT stupid by making death threats against him?! That kind of talk will just turn more and more people against illegal aliens. I'd LOVE to see the FBI and so on track down all of those terrorists and, lock em up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 07:48 AM

24,404 posts, read 17,133,047 times
Death Threats! There is a serious disconnect between the Liberal brain and reality.
Imagine if the wall could reduce the crimes and drugs in America by even 25%. We would all be better off.

It is just common sense to stop a problem and then try to get a handle on it. A plumber stops the leak then makes a plan for a long term solution. A doctor will stop the bleeding from a patient then make a plan to address the problem.

It is just common sense to stop a problem that endangers us all then we can make corrections to fix the problem.

I wonder if these death threat making people will be a constant problem at the job site, blocking and sabotaging equipment? What a bunch of fools.

One thing from the article I don't get is why does each company that bids need to build a section of wall as a test at a cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars each? Will they hire people to try and climb the test walls? It seems like a waste of time and money.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:04 AM

25,844 posts, read 22,000,957 times
We really need the National Guard down there when the building starts. Is the Michigan Militia still operating? I know for awhile, there were civilians on the border helping to control what our government refused to control.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:15 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,207,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Death Threats! There is a serious disconnect between the Liberal brain and reality.
Imagine if the wall could reduce the crimes and drugs in America by even 25%. We would all be better off.

You really think most of the drugs coming into America are being brought in by backpack by people traveling days across a desert? To feed Americas addiction to drugs a more reliable method is used
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/me...felixstowe.jpg

Old 04-05-2017, 11:25 AM

24,404 posts, read 17,133,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You really think most of the drugs coming into America are being brought in by backpack by people traveling days across a desert? To feed Americas addiction to drugs a more reliable method is used

"Most" no but any reduction in illegal drugs is a good reduction in my book.

Any reduction in illegal aliens is a good thing. I know that most are decent people who are just looking to make a better life for themselves but there is a percentage that are gang banger criminals. Do we need anymore of them? How about the decent migrants that are being preyed upon by the thugs that extort them and in some cases actually kidnap, hold for ransom or rape and throw them into the sex slave trade?

A much safer and legal way to enter the US is ot get in line with those who choose to follow immigration laws.

If the wall is big and strong there will be less people who even attempt the dangerous journey to break the law in the US.

I think the wall is actually a good thing from a humanitarian point.

When the bleeding hearts line up to prevent the wall from being built I hope they are arrested. If they threaten the workers or damage the equipment they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:35 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,878,126 times
Quote:
Word is it's getting a LOT harder to get illegal aliens AND drugs across the Mexican border in 2017 and, the wall ain't fully up. Tho the San Diego "sector" IS real hard to cross since there IS a lot of fencing and so on.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:19 PM

22,398 posts, read 11,921,601 times
Quote:
"Americas[sic] addiction to drugs"? All countries have drug addicts. For example, in Vancouver they created a safe place for addicts to shoot up that has nurses on duty in case one of them overdoses. Don't lay the blame solely on America.

That said, there are still plenty of drugs that are smuggled in here using backpacks.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,207,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
"Americas[sic] addiction to drugs"? All countries have drug addicts. For example, in Vancouver they created a safe place for addicts to shoot up that has nurses on duty in case one of them overdoses. Don't lay the blame solely on America.

That said, there are still plenty of drugs that are smuggled in here using backpacks.
Without the American markets need for drugs there would be no reason to smuggle drugs into the country.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:59 AM

25,844 posts, read 22,000,957 times
Quote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rants/1907003/

https://usnews.newsvine.com/_news/20...-hard-to-catch

https://www.conservativereview.com/c...minal-activity

https://www.dps.texas.gov/administra...Statistics.htm

Those links kind of dispel the myth of coming to make a better life for their family.

Quote:
Without the American markets need for drugs there would be no reason to smuggle drugs into the country.
So, should we euthanize anyone found using illegal drugs? Or, maybe instead depend on a wall, increased border patrol agents, electronic surveillance, fencing and natural barriers?

Mexico, in particular, really benefits from the American dollars going into the country from illegal aliens, $50 billion: Illegal immigrants send home $50 billion annually but cost taxpayers more than $113 billion | Immigration Reform Blog putting a tariff on the $50 billion going out of the country could fund the securing the border.

I do not understand, or maybe I do, why someone would not want to secure our border. The reasons not to secure would not be in the best interest of our country, so they count for nothing.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:00 PM

37,113 posts, read 42,140,876 times
If it actually starts being constructed I can see campout style protesting like Standing Rock by people who have nothing else to do and who will leave a bunch of trash in their wake. They will think quite highly of themselves because they always do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration