U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 08:04 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
As an American I'm disgusted by the BIA ruling. Here you have a mother whose only strike against her is being illegal.
A mother who is a criminal. As a criminal, she birthed 4 kids and now, oh my, she can haul tail out of her and take them with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Punishment for speeding is a $250 ticket.
Punishment for entering a country illegally is deportation.

What do you want to happen? I would like this illegal person to be deported.
I'm with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
I encourage people to listen to the linked video as an immigration attorney talks. He makes it sound like it isn't the big traumatic deal that others are whining about. And, if you are illegal, definitely listen as you will realize that if you ever want to come back into the US for any reason, it is time to go before you are caught. Once caught it could be ten years before you can legally step foot back in the USA.

The illegal should have done more research before having a slew of anchors: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c6a5c16f96e5

As far as a child with special needs, we were once considering fost/adopt of a 4 year old with severe special needs and his father was in prison and the mother had her rights revoked. Now see how lucky these parents are that they have the chance to be with their 4 children no matter where the location would be.

It is always obvious when they leave the kids behind that the kids were just being used as pawns, so the kids will be better off without such a parent or parents if they are left behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 08:32 AM

3,491 posts, read 1,208,193 times
It is very sad, but if an exception is granted for her, the floodgates open for more exceptions.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
As an American, I think it's great. The woman broke the law AND tried to flip off the US by having 4 anchor kids. She's despicable.
I hate it for the kids, but she put them in this position. She is responsible- period.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:51 AM

18,542 posts, read 13,678,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
It is very sad, but if an exception is granted for her, the floodgates open for more exceptions.
We have had 8 years of every exception being made to encourage this type of behavior. People violating and being encouraged to violate our laws and sovereignty became the norm. Can I go to Canada and Mexico Illegally and expect them to do the same for me?

Old 04-14-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
We have had 8 years of every exception being made to encourage this type of behavior. People violating and being encouraged to violate our laws and sovereignty became the norm. Can I go to Canada and Mexico Illegally and expect them to do the same for me?
I agree with you, just sad for the children.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:09 PM

9,693 posts, read 5,275,637 times
And why should they? She's an illegal immigrant who has a years old final order of deportation against her. If anything, it should be criminal that the government took so long to move on the final order. And as another poster stated, there's nothing stating that the woman can't take her children--who also hold Mexican citizenship--back with her. Its funny that there is no outcry when incarcerated parents are being locked up and taken away from their children/families. Immigration cases actually have less of an impact on the breakup of the family as the children are almost always free to go with the parent(s). Spare me the BS, please.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:13 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
As an American I'm disgusted by the BIA ruling. Here you have a mother whose only strike against her is being illegal.
People are sent to prison for lesser crimes.
What part of *illegal* is not clear?
She knowingly came to this country illegally, she can knowingly suffer the consequences of her voluntary actions.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:23 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,621,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
CINCINNATI — An attorney says U.S. immigration authorities have refused to halt deportation for a Mexican mother of four U.S.-born children.

Attorney Kathleen Kersh says the Board of Immigration Appeals denied an emergency stay for Maribel Trujillo-Diaz. Kersh, of Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, says the woman faces deportation as early as Tuesday.

Feds won’t halt deportation of Mexican mom of 4 U.S.-born kids | The Seattle Times

It's on YOU, Ms Diaz; for trying to play the system then getting bit.
Again how many times must we over look US law for the short slightness of Illegals. The Reasonability is on the woman, not the US Tax Payers.

How many year has she had the chance to apply for status???????

Deport here sooner !

Old 04-14-2017, 03:04 PM

1,285 posts, read 443,640 times
AFFIDAVIT BY THE GOVERNMENT OF MEXICO
IN A SWORN AFFIDAVIT TO A TEXAS COURT, MEXICO SWORE
THAT MEXICANS ON US SOIL ARE MEXICAN CITIZENS.

A sworn affidavit by Mexico's Consul General to a Texas court asserts that Mexico/s official govt policy is to encourage its poor people to migrate here illegally in order to access our generous welfare system

The Mexican consul's sworn testimony asserts: "My responsibilities in this position include protecting the rights and promoting the interests of my fellow Mexican nationals, and, that the main responsibility of consulates is to provide services, assistance, and protection to Mexican nationals abroad."

A footnote states that Mexican nationality is granted to children born abroad of a Mexican born parent. IOW, anchor babies born in the US retain parents Mexican nationality.

==========================================

Ergo, illegals have two governments looking after their interests.....our govt subsidizing them, and the Mexican govt making sure they collect.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:31 PM

1,285 posts, read 443,640 times
AP has obtained a copy of a Trump presidential draft order that calls for the removal of any legal immigrant who relies on certain kinds of public welfare benefits.....and would also focus the government's efforts on blocking immigrants who are likely to become reliant on government benefits.

This signals the cracking down on immigrants in the U.S. illegally, but also some living in the country legally.

In an affidavit to a Texas court, a govt official asserted the Mexican govt's official policy is to urge its citizens to get on the US gravy train (no doubt b/c the billions in remittances Mexican citizens here send back home).

So what's Mexico gonna do about it?
Read on

==============================================

Mexican Official Threatens To Combat President Trump By “Unleashing Drug Cartels

Mexican Official Threatens To Combat President Trump By "Unleashing Drug Cartels" | Zero Hedge

This is the most politically explosive admission by the Mexican government in the past decade. .... Castaneda is openly admitting a willingness to promote drug trafficking.

Jorge Castaneda is so proud of the threat, he even posted a video of the discussion on his own YouTube page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or