Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 09:53 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

No need to divide the family as she is free to take them home with her. She knew from day one that if she got caught she would be out so no sorry from me!

We knew what was waiting if we wouldn't be in compliance with our visa so we did everything as we needed to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 10:20 PM

37,099 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Where did it say she committed a felony? I don't support felons. From reading the article I did not recall seeing any criminal conviction. I do stand FIRMLY with illegals who don't commit crimes. We are a great nation, let us help those that are here already and enforce and tighten our laws.

I know most of you here agree with me deep down.
It does not matter whether she committed a felony or not. She was still here illegally.

Letting them stay just compounds the problem by encouraging more people to enter illegally.

No, most of us do not agree with you. That includes my daughter in law from Mexico who came here legally, including paying an attorney to make sure everything was done properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Overstay is not a criminal offense as of present
It does not matter whether it is criminal. It is still illegal, even if the penalty is civil, not criminal.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:48 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It does not matter whether she committed a felony or not. She was still here illegally.

Letting them stay just compounds the problem by encouraging more people to enter illegally.

No, most of us do not agree with you. That includes my daughter in law from Mexico who came here legally, including paying an attorney to make sure everything was done properly.

It does not matter whether it is criminal. It is still illegal, even if the penalty is civil, not criminal.
To many it does matter as there is indeed a difference. There are no criminal charges just deportation, one would have an easier time getting back in after an overstay rather than entering illegally

Old 04-15-2017, 12:13 AM

37,099 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
To many it does matter as there is indeed a difference. There are no criminal charges just deportation, one would have an easier time getting back in after an overstay rather than entering illegally
That may be true, but the person is still here illegally. The person who overstays a visa and then has children here is still making anchor babies, too.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:26 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
The common shared sentiment is deport illegals, regardless of history or status. What is basis (and purpose) for this statement?
The answer is in your post. They're here ILLEGALLY. Deport them all. Now.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:30 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Overstay is not a criminal offense as of present
It's ILLEGAL. Period. Deport them. Now.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:33 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Take the kids with you back to Mexico. Jesus Christ people Mexico is not that bad. Especially if she has managed to learn English during her time here with her "4 US born children." She will now have marketable skills. Her and the baby daddy (wherever he is) can make a go for it in Mexico as well and they can probably have a very nice middle class life.

When the kids are older they will have the benefit of being able to go to the US for school, and live in the US permanently if they like.

I mean, sure, the benefits aren't as great in Mexico, but that's kind of the risk taken when you immigrate somewhere illegally, no?

Old 04-15-2017, 07:35 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
No need to divide the family as she is free to take them home with her. She knew from day one that if she got caught she would be out so no sorry from me!

We knew what was waiting if we wouldn't be in compliance with our visa so we did everything as we needed to do.

Yeah, I just don't understand why people aren't making this argument whenever these stories pop up (about a dozen a day, it seems).

Take.Your.Kids.With.You.

If I moved to Canada illegally and popped out some Canadian kids, then got my ass deported back to the US I wouldn't LEAVE my kids in Canada!!

Old 04-15-2017, 07:53 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Where did it say she committed a felony? I don't support felons. From reading the article I did not recall seeing any criminal conviction. I do stand FIRMLY with illegals who don't commit crimes. We are a great nation, let us help those that are here already and enforce and tighten our laws.

I know most of you here agree with me deep down.
You can stand with those that committed the crime of illegal entry, geesh, get a bus ticket and join them as they return to their mother country, oh wait, they have strict laws there on immigration, better crawl under the fence!

Federal court: Fairfield mother of 4 will be deported

Let's see, she was working when she had NO legal right to work in the US and arrested a decade ago. http://johnlawfirm.com/be-careful-if...authorization/ She entered the US 15 years ago WITHOUT authorization: Is Illegal Immigration a Crime? Improper Entry v. Unlawful Presence - FindLaw Blotter

As far as separating a family: 2.7 million US citizen children have a parent behind bars. Over 1 million of our citizen criminals have been convicted of non-violent crimes yet are considered enough of a threat to incarcerate and separate them from their families.

Tell you what, I do not fit your "mose of you here agree with me deep down", I have seen my son suffer in school because "English As A Second Language" was sucking down the Special Education funding and now, I watch thousands of citizens with disabilities and our elderly go without services or get their services reduced because we are funding illegal aliens, especially their dropping of anchors here.

I follow the rules and the laws, and those that don't are screwed in my book, and I will continue to write and speak against anything other than holding everyone to the letter of the law.

Since I have a child with special needs, does that mean I can break the law and their will be a media blitz in an effort to make me not responsible for my actions?

Old 04-15-2017, 11:44 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,404,518 times
Quote:
First time crossing the border is just a misdemeanor but the second time is felony.

You do know there is a difference between being deported and actually leaving the country? A lot of illegals who have been ordered deported never leave the country and the authorities have no clue to where they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration