Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 08:41 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,584,170 times

Advertisements

They don't seem to stop coming over. I got to thinking, what if one day, one of our leaders, who supported the Americans and was tired of having our standard of living degraded by illegals, did something pretty severe? Say we authorized lethal force against them (other countries do it)? Do you think the populace would support it or oppose it?

For a long time, I was against it, but now, after seeing my own future go up in smoke thanks to out of control immigration (legal or otherwise), I now SUPPORT it. (Yes, against women and children too. You have to draw line somewhere or else you won't have a country anymore.)

Old 04-08-2017, 08:48 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,091,103 times
How about if we started using extreme measures on the employers that hire them instead? Let's say 100,000 fine for each illegal employee, plus six months in jail.

The illegal problem would go away instantly. While there are still jobs to be had, people will find a way over the wall. It isn't the workers you should want to drop a bomb on.

Old 04-08-2017, 10:30 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,737,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
They don't seem to stop coming over. I got to thinking, what if one day, one of our leaders, who supported the Americans and was tired of having our standard of living degraded by illegals, did something pretty severe? Say we authorized lethal force against them (other countries do it)? Do you think the populace would support it or oppose it?

For a long time, I was against it, but now, after seeing my own future go up in smoke thanks to out of control immigration (legal or otherwise), I now SUPPORT it. (Yes, against women and children too. You have to draw line somewhere or else you won't have a country anymore.)
We could but all those special snowflake liberals would protest it.

Old 04-08-2017, 11:06 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,433,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
We could but all those special snowflake liberals would protest it.
Anyone who supports the Constitution should protest that, actually.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:28 AM

3,535 posts, read 2,846,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Anyone who supports the Constitution should protest that, actually.
I'm not saying that I support the OP's idea, But the Constitution does not apply to foreigners attempting to cross the border illegally, If a foreign army started crossing the border would our troops have to wait for a SC decision to stop them?

I would have no problem with stationing armed troops on the border and turning back any and all illegals, Put a gun to there face and turn them around, attempt to evade, run, or become violent and deadly force will be used against you.

RR

Old 04-09-2017, 05:33 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,764,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
How about if we started using extreme measures on the employers that hire them instead? Let's say 100,000 fine for each illegal employee, plus six months in jail.

The illegal problem would go away instantly. While there are still jobs to be had, people will find a way over the wall. It isn't the workers you should want to drop a bomb on.
This is a much better approach. I'd include in the going to jail part suburban housewives hiring illegals to clean house or mow the lawn. A couple well dressed housewives being arrested on the nightly news and folks would get the message real quick. This isn't just a corporate problem. Individuals and small employers are hiring illegals too.

Old 04-09-2017, 07:18 AM

25,838 posts, read 21,993,923 times
Quote:

No it would not go away instantly. Many are coming to drop anchor babies to suck the public assistance teat, so they don't need jobs. Jobs for them have been disappearing as more technologic advances are made.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.853b23877fda

They fill Section 8 housing while citizens wait by way of their anchors: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...-housing_N.htm

They file tax forms to get the child tax credits for their anchors: About 6.1 Million Illegals Filed Taxes in US

Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare - Judicial Watch

Do you think these people came to work?

Jamielslaw---- Deport Illegal Alien Gangs 02/15 by Jamiels Law | Politics Podcasts

Examples of Serious Crimes By Illegal Aliens

When these people enter the US illegally, we do not know who they are or where they come from. We must secure our border since these people refuse to follow our laws, Mexico even encourages a certain segment of their population to come here by producing a brochure on the subject to keep those American dollars coming into Mexico: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/06/wo...n-us.html?_r=0

Many employers do e-verify and there have been enhancements made, but 50% of those working have stolen US citizen identities in order to get jobs they have no right to have. Then, the "day workers" that get a handful of cash would also have to be addressed.

Secure the border as planned using wall, fencing, natural barriers, electronic surveillance and increased border patrol agents. At a cost of $13 billion plus per year to carry these illegal aliens and their anchors, that security will pay for itself overtime. I also support putting a tariff on outgoing funds, billions pouring out of the country sent by illegal aliens to their "home" where we need to send them.

If we correctly interpret the 14th Amendment and stop this coming to the US to drop anchors, and we pay to deliver and raise them, that would stop a lot from coming when combined with e-verify and speeding up the process of deportation. It would also greatly benefit the system if we made public agencies mandated reporters as in they know someone is illegally present, they would be required by law to report it to ICE rather than pander to them.

Do I think we should kill them, no, just put them out and secure the border. Gang members, whatever it takes including euthanizing them, but this applies to citizens and illegal aliens in my mind.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:04 AM

27,023 posts, read 15,234,450 times
Quote:

Those that disapprove of illegal entry or illegally overstaying a Visa are all for this.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:46 AM

16,987 posts, read 12,555,739 times
NOT extreme enough. I vote we actually create The Running Man and put it on PPV.

Yes thats sarcasm.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:54 AM

1,184 posts, read 718,781 times
How about a reality show following 20 illegals cross the border thru the desert like the amazing race...winner gets a work visa lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration