U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 05:57 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
There's millions here needing to go back.
Won't happen until businesses stop hiring them which means severe penalties, mandatory e-verify.
They will self-deport, saving us tons of money and time.
I don't see Trump even talking about that.
No, that won't be enough. I read 50% of those working are using stolen identities and even with added enhancements in 2013 to catch more of the thieves, they still don't get them all. Also, many work under-the-table and many more have 5 or 6 anchor babies to suck the teat of public assistance, why would they leave. One anchor baby gets them in Section 8 government housing. They get food stamps, WIC and cash for the kids each month - what lazy mooch would leave the country with that on the table. Also, until the border is secure, they will come.

Some will self-deport now that amnesty is not on the table. I could see them pouring in here every time amnesty was discussed. I heard their angry rants in their get-togethers in the park over Trump's candidacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Elderly ones too who have been in this country for decades? Leaving their American born children and grandkids? Their American wives? Maybe you want to deport Americans for marrying and having children with illegals too? I saw that many times working with Migrant workers in Florida.
I guess this is where PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY enters the picture on the part of the illegal alien. This happens with people that have no respect for our laws all the time. The illegals are lucky to be able to take their families with them, a citizen that breaks the law is separated from their family when they go to jail/prison and I am sure their families would like that not to be the case.

No one mentioned deporting Americans. Do you realize that illegal aliens broke the law when they entered our country without authorization and those that overstayed visas are outside the law and deportable and well know it. There should never have been a problem with migrant workers here under a visa and if they were making babies with Americans in hope of staying, well, again personal responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
If they are illegal they should go, they had plenty of time to get their **** sorted out. It also sounds like you're referring to citizens, why would we deported them?
Some people think illegal aliens are citizens, remember the Obama commercial for Hispanic TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfgEvgVC6Qs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If here illegally, their kind need to go. Period.
Per the law: Is Illegal Immigration a Crime? Improper Entry v. Unlawful Presence - FindLaw Blotter

I mean, it isn't a big deal. I don't see why they keep harping on it. I just looked at the local newspaper online and our citizen criminals are being held to the letter of the law.

I was offended that they didn't seem to think in the article that drunk driving was a big issue, it is, especially with illegal aliens killing OUR citizens. Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyCaHEuIJlU

I think they forgot that Trump said he was going to get the worst out FIRST. If you hanging out with the worst of criminals, your number comes up when they make the bust.

These illegal aliens can avoid being picked up by ICE by returning to their "home" country. It just isn't a big deal. If you are doing something wrong, reverse it and you'll be fine.

Oh, boo-hoo-hoo, enforcing our laws makes it uncomfortable for those that don't respect our laws. Geesh, that's the way it is supposed to work!!!

Breaking our immigration laws is NOT a minor crime and neither is drinking and driving, welfare fraud, working without a right to work in the US, being paid under the table, selling drugs, driving without a license...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 11:07 AM

2,618 posts, read 1,352,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Elderly ones too who have been in this country for decades? Leaving their American born children and grandkids? Their American wives? Maybe you want to deport Americans for marrying and having children with illegals too? I saw that many times working with Migrant workers in Florida.
Most people who entered the US decades ago are most likely covered by Reagan amnesty.
The fact is if an illegal alien marries a US citizen and that illegal is about to be deported there is no law that says the US citizen can't go also. They can wait in line to get legalized just like all the other foreigners do when wanting to come to the US to start a new life.
Any US citizen contemplating marrying a illegal alien should weigh the possibility that the illegal alien could be deported.....so with that in mind I have no tears to shred for anyone marrying an illegal alien.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:13 AM

3,491 posts, read 1,208,193 times
They are NOT "undocumented" immigrants, they are "ILLEGAL" immigrants. They have ALREADY broken the law just by being here. Now that they've committed another crime, we should still let them off the hook- right? Obama is out of here- get used to it.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:58 PM

1,125 posts, read 448,924 times
Ice seems weak when they detain but they are let go. They need to just start deporting no appeals or hearings if there is a final order already.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:08 PM

1,225 posts, read 361,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Ice seems weak when they detain but they are let go. They need to just start deporting no appeals or hearings if there is a final order already.
Theyd need to change laws for that like cancellation of removal. Surprised that they haven't

Old 04-13-2017, 03:23 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Most people who entered the US decades ago are most likely covered by Reagan amnesty.
The fact is if an illegal alien marries a US citizen and that illegal is about to be deported there is no law that says the US citizen can't go also. They can wait in line to get legalized just like all the other foreigners do when wanting to come to the US to start a new life.
Any US citizen contemplating marrying a illegal alien should weigh the possibility that the illegal alien could be deported.....so with that in mind I have no tears to shred for anyone marrying an illegal alien.
You would think that all who were eligible for the 1986 amnesty took advantage of it or any of the stealth amnesties that occurred afterwards. Yet there are many who didn't bother to adjust their status. It makes me question their intelligence.

A few years back (can't remember exactly which year), they found a grandmother who has been in this country illegally since 1979! She was shocked ---shocked! I tell ya! that she was caught and deported. The stupid woman had many chances to legalize her status but made no effort to do so.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:33 PM

5,762 posts, read 2,960,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Didn't Sessions touch on this yesterday?
Did he?
If so, I missed it. Did he say they will start penalizing businesses that hire illegals?

Old 04-13-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Did he?
If so, I missed it. Did he say they will start penalizing businesses that hire illegals?
I thought that he did but it turns out it was just about those harboring those smuggled here.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:18 PM

1,073 posts, read 493,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
What are you smoking? There is something call due process and it is available to illegals as well.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
What are you smoking? There is something call due process and it is available to illegals as well.
If they have a final order what due process is needed though?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration