U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 06:20 PM

1,225 posts, read 363,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
The path is already there. The majority will not qualify because we do not want a large influx of poor uneducated unskilled people.
Yet we seem to have no problem with immigrants coming as family uneducated and unskilled and petitioning for family members of the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 06:33 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,107,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Politically it would be smart. They and any citizen family they may have would remember and possibly vote republican in the future. Also more tax dollars etc. if they're overstay DACAers, chances are they'll have a path to citizenship if they marry someone here.
Many don't care about "politically", we care about the crime and about the $11+ billion a year it takes of our taxpayer dollars. They are a plague to Medicaid, our schools where they take priority over our own children because we don't want to be "racist" - bunch of crap!

More tax dollars? Boy, do you have the wrong idea of why they came. They already are pushing out 5 or 6 anchors, usually no dad in the picture. They want the whole family to get freebies and amnesty would give them that: Cost of Amnesty, $6.3 trillion https://www.myheritage.org/news/the-...-6-3-trillion/ Who wins with that?

Quote:
If they were to receive anything it should be a green card not citizenship. But we should not reward law breakers and we should also not move them ahead of people that respect our laws and are immigrating legally. Most of these people are poor, uneducated, unskilled that would receive government benefits, I highly doubt they would vote Republican.
They need to receive whatever anyone else that breaks our laws receives and nothing more and nothing less.

Quote:
Yet we seem to have no problem with immigrants coming as family uneducated and unskilled and petitioning for family members of the same.
You don't understand the system. "Sponsored" https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gre...idavit-support Hey, if you'll promise to come up with the $11+ billion a year to support the illegal aliens, perhaps your argument will hold water, otherwise, not.

Load them and ship them out if they are not here legally. I don't care about their sob stories, it's just tough! If one can't follow the law, they and their families pay the price, such is life. It comes down to personal responsibility and the parents being held responsible for their actions.

We have over 1 million non-violent citizen prisoners who are separated from their families because they chose not to follow the law. These illegal aliens should be happy that they can be with their families in their country!

Old 04-12-2017, 06:38 PM

3,033 posts, read 895,027 times
Quote:
Well now we're going on a tangent but are they legally immigrating? They applied and went through a vetting and got in. I don't have a problem with that. I don't know what the minimum requirements are for someone to be allowed to emmigrate but I imagine that you have to show proof that you can self sustain and or have some accumulated wealth. We're going to end up in circular logic like most of these threads, usually due to the illegal immigrant sympathizers.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Well now we're going on a tangent but are they legally immigrating? They applied and went through a vetting and got in. I don't have a problem with that. I don't know what the minimum requirements are for someone to be allowed to emmigrate but I imagine that you have to show proof that you can self sustain and or have some accumulated wealth. We're going to end up in circular logic like most of these threads, usually due to the illegal immigrant sympathizers.
No, you just have to show that either a US citizen or resident can support you. They do not require any sort of relationship to the applicat. They don't even need to know the person.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:58 PM

3,033 posts, read 895,027 times
Quote:
No, you just have to show that either a US citizen or resident can support you. They do not require any sort of relationship to the applicat. They don't even need to know the person.
So they emmigrated legally, nobody is discussing that. Actually there's a different subsection for that topic on CD forums. What's your point again?

Old 04-12-2017, 07:06 PM

One more time: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gre...idavit-support

And, I believe the point is that liberal media spreads lies and those that don't realize they are being played continue to spread the lies throughout the internet.

They try to blur the line between legal and illegal, but if someone could vote for Hillary Clinton, they were unable to distinguish between legal and illegal in the first place.

When we talk about illegal aliens, we are talking about people that broke our immigration laws. We are not talking "immigrants" but about laws being broken and needing to be enforced - huge difference!

Old 04-12-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
So they emmigrated legally, nobody is discussing that. Actually there's a different subsection for that topic on CD forums. What's your point again?
You were saying how America doesn't need unskilled workers when we already do by the barrel full. That being said, I believe it's something like 70% of DACAers that are in pursuit of a bachelors degree or higher.

Old 04-12-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
One more time: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gre...idavit-support

And, I believe the point is that liberal media spreads lies and those that don't realize they are being played continue to spread the lies throughout the internet.

They try to blur the line between legal and illegal, but if someone could vote for Hillary Clinton, they were unable to distinguish between legal and illegal in the first place.

When we talk about illegal aliens, we are talking about people that broke our immigration laws. We are not talking "immigrants" but about laws being broken and needing to be enforced - huge difference!
Right, but anyone can be a sponsor or co sponsor. No relation or even knowing the person. If the immigrant seeks out a means tested benefit the government can go after the sponsor.

Old 04-12-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Right, but anyone can be a sponsor or co sponsor. No relation or even knowing the person. If the immigrant seeks out a means tested benefit the government can go after the sponsor.
But illegal aliens are not immigrants, they are ILLEGAL aliens and suck the teat of public assistance through their anchor babies, stolen IDs and high cost of emergency medical care which includes birthing the babies we then have to support.

The students are "undocumented", they are documented in the country to which they are a citizen and that is not the USA.

It is unfortunate they are in limbo and if Obama would have done his job and not stopped the deportations, they would be "home" and not in limbo. I think they can leave the US and go home on their own just like their parents. This really isn't a big deal.

These kids are SO lucky to be able to be with their families if they choose. Citizen parents are separated from their kids when they break the law yet no one whines about that.

So, blame Obama for not getting them deported and ending their limbo. I would never have put them in limbo, I would have put them on the bus!

Old 04-12-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
But illegal aliens are not immigrants, they are ILLEGAL aliens and suck the teat of public assistance through their anchor babies, stolen IDs and high cost of emergency medical care which includes birthing the babies we then have to support.

The students are "undocumented", they are documented in the country to which they are a citizen and that is not the USA.

It is unfortunate they are in limbo and if Obama would have done his job and not stopped the deportations, they would be "home" and not in limbo. I think they can leave the US and go home on their own just like their parents. This really isn't a big deal.

These kids are SO lucky to be able to be with their families if they choose. Citizen parents are separated from their kids when they break the law yet no one whines about that.

So, blame Obama for not getting them deported and ending their limbo. I would never have put them in limbo, I would have put them on the bus!
Yes absolutely Obama put them in the middle of this. That being said, Trump doesn't seem to be in any hurry to get rid of them. To our knowledge only one DACAer arrested was deported because he had a DUI. The rest were released to continue their legal fights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or