Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 05:30 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times

Advertisements

I'm talking anchors from two illegals or the illegal mother.

I think mom should have to be a citizen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 05:37 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post

I don't see a difference with a positive DNA test. If the father is thoroughly involved in the child's life I do not see the difference

Old 04-16-2017, 07:56 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
If that were the case only two of Donald Trump's children would be considered US Citizens as their mother wasn't one until 1988. I see no reason why it shouldn't be extended to legal permanent residents as well.
Per the 14th Amendment, this will clarify the issue, the allegiance of the illegally present mother is to her country of origin and thus, that is passed to her baby which does not anchor her to the US, this is actually a good article that walks thru the history of the 14th Amendment: Anchor babies, birthright citizenship, and the 14th Amendment | immigration resources reference issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
They paid a coyote to get across the border. Then they pay a willing participant to get married and get citizenship. I remember years ago I was asked if I wanted marry a nice loving nurse from the Philippines. I would have to give the person arranging the connection a cut of course.
When my son was in college, he was offered $10,000 to marry a German student who wanted to remain in the USA. He was so and, frankly, could have used the money, BUT "Mommie" raised him right and he declined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post

Per the article I linked in, looks like it or at least that the mother should not be an illegal alien. It states that "the correct interpretation of the 14th Amendment is that an illegal alien mother is subject to the jurisdiction of her native country as is her baby." One would have to admit that commonsense would so dictate this.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Per the 14th Amendment, this will clarify the issue, the allegiance of the illegally present mother is to her country of origin and thus, that is passed to her baby which does not anchor her to the US, this is actually a good article that walks thru the history of the 14th Amendment: Anchor babies, birthright citizenship, and the 14th Amendment | immigration resources reference issues

When my son was in college, he was offered $10,000 to marry a German student who wanted to remain in the USA. He was so and, frankly, could have used the money, BUT "Mommie" raised him right and he declined.

Per the article I linked in, looks like it or at least that the mother should not be an illegal alien. It states that "the correct interpretation of the 14th Amendment is that an illegal alien mother is subject to the jurisdiction of her native country as is her baby." One would have to admit that commonsense would so dictate this.
I was speaking on if the father is a US citizen and passes a DNA test. Those children deserve their citizenship

Old 04-16-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
I was speaking on if the father is a US citizen and passes a DNA test. Those children deserve their citizenship
In your opinion, they deserve their citizenship. I wonder how many times a "father" could be identified though and this "father" would become financially responsible. Most of the time, there appears to be no father, just 5 or 6 kids I guess by "immaculate conception".

I don't know, after thinking about it, the illegal alien should keep her knees together and just go home. Opening them to create an anchor baby with a citizen...............ah, I see an issue there, a big issue!

Old 04-16-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
In your opinion, they deserve their citizenship. I wonder how many times a "father" could be identified though and this "father" would become financially responsible. Most of the time, there appears to be no father, just 5 or 6 kids I guess by "immaculate conception".

I don't know, after thinking about it, the illegal alien should keep her knees together and just go home. Opening them to create an anchor baby with a citizen...............ah, I see an issue there, a big issue!
If the father is in the child's life, supporting them emotionally and financially why shouldn't the child have citizenship? Why should the mother be able to just leave with the child? The child is a citizen.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:57 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I've got a BIG problem trying to deport a kid, US born or not, if its mother or father's a US citizen, as long as a DNA test is done. When I talking about "anchor kids"; I'm talking about BOTH parents being here illegally.

Too: requiring BOTH parents to be US citizens would cause a LOT of trouble cause an American woman can get preggers while out there "playing" and NOT know who the father is.
Damn, I never played that recklessly.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:50 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,505 times
Maury Povich be like Jose you are not a citizen

Old 04-17-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
If the father is in the child's life, supporting them emotionally and financially why shouldn't the child have citizenship? Why should the mother be able to just leave with the child? The child is a citizen.
Most of the anchors are hanging from the teat of public assistance. Read the articles, no papa. Has to be immaculate conceptions, I guess.

The child shouldn't have citizenship because the mother's allegiance passes to the child that she bears. Also, the anchor baby defense doesn't work, the child is to return with the parent and the child may return to the US when they become an adult.

The mother should be allowed to take the child with her because it is her child. If the couple isn't married, the father would have to go to court and fight the mother taking the child, I doubt this would happen.

I would think a decent mother would take her child with her, but then, a decent woman wouldn't break the law and have babies to try to anchor themselves, go on the news with her kids crying because she was threatening to leave them in the US if she were deported. I guess maybe they should stay with the father in that case.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:10 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Maury Povich be like Jose you are not a citizen
Lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration