U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 01:07 PM

1,225 posts, read 362,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
In this section of City-data? Of course 'kick 'em all out' is popular here, this section is full of hard liners, do comments in this topic reflect the opinion of most of the people in the US? Probably not
Comments just about anywhere that isn't ACLU or something like that it seems
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 08:50 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,304,914 times
Quote:
In this section of City-data? Of course 'kick 'em all out' is popular here, this section is full of hard liners, do comments in this topic reflect the opinion of most of the people in the US? Probably not
Look at the Comments sections under MSN, Yahoo, LA Times and so on articles; MOST people want illegal aliens Gone.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:16 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,101,778 times
Quote:
You need to go back to the article referenced in the OP, go to the bottom of the article and "show comments".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump can't catch a break. He is trying to do something about the people who are in our country illegally and he is even catching flack for doing that.

If Trump removed more of these trespassers from our nation he would be criticized and since he is not removing as many as Obama he is being criticized. If he removed no one he would be criticized.

Why is Trump even trying to do anything? but of course if he just agreed to everything that Congress wanted from the 9th hole at his golf course he would be criticized for not being involved and doing his job.

It seems he can't win anything but the election....
Yeah, but they said he couldn't win the nomination and then that he couldn't win the presidency. Give him time. I have never seen a POTUS condemned for not doing as much in his first two weeks as Trump was. I do not see how they expect Trump to fix what Obama destroyed in 8 years in just 3 months.

Obama caused an enormous influx of illegal aliens with his talk of amnesty as did Clinton. No one knows how many entered illegally thus turning back a few that tried to cross counts for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Look at the Comments sections under MSN, Yahoo, LA Times and so on articles; MOST people want illegal aliens Gone.
Ah, you don't understand how this works. If they look at the facts, rather than the fluff, it will destroy their narrative. "Ignorance is bliss."

Old 04-25-2017, 11:31 AM

11,967 posts, read 6,584,858 times
Quote:
Comments after the article you linked.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:19 PM

2,635 posts, read 1,358,433 times
Quote:
  • Yes I'm sorry about that, Deputy AG's.
  • Very few ICE agents and almost no border agents make 100k, which is very easy to earn as a City cop, but look it up for yourself if you don't believe me.
  • Regarding my statement about the removal of non criminal illegals not being popular..I think the polling on this is pretty clear:

"Twenty-six percent said the top priority should be developing a plan to stop immigrants from entering the U.S. illegally, and 13 percent said the top priority should be deporting illegal immigrants. And 90 percent said they would support a bill allowing a path to U.S. citizenship for illegal immigrants who have been in the country for a number of years, hold a job, speak English, and are willing to pay back taxes." Americans open to legal status, citizenship for illegal immigrants: Poll - Washington Times

I think that's pretty consistent with other nationwide polls, people don't like seeing people who haven't committed crimes separated from their families and deported.
Define a path to U.S. citizenship for illegal immigrants? Quoting impossible tasks like paying back taxes, speaking English, is not going to happen. For one thing democrats in congress would be violently opposed just as they are in building a wall.
There is no reason what so ever that illegal aliens can't take their families with them if deported. That is an open border argument.
I also question your source of the poll....American open to legal status?

From the New York Times poll:

Quote:
The poll found that 17 percent of Americans favor legal permanent-resident status, but not citizenship, for those immigrants, while 19 percent favor identifying and deporting them. Those figures have also changed little from last year.
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/10/u...ored.html?_r=0

Old 04-25-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump can't catch a break. He is trying to do something about the people who are in our country illegally and he is even catching flack for doing that.

If Trump removed more of these trespassers from our nation he would be criticized and since he is not removing as many as Obama he is being criticized. If he removed no one he would be criticized.

Why is Trump even trying to do anything? but of course if he just agreed to everything that Congress wanted from the 9th hole at his golf course he would be criticized for not being involved and doing his job.

It seems he can't win anything but the election....
My problem is he's talking out the side of his mouth with some things and providing double standards like keeping DACA

Old 04-25-2017, 01:37 PM

3,014 posts, read 890,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
My problem is he's talking out the side of his mouth with some things and providing double standards like keeping DACA
Is that really a problem? He can deal with DACA later, I don't see the urgency with solving all problems at once.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Is that really a problem? He can deal with DACA later, I don't see the urgency with solving all problems at once.
I'm pretty middle of the road with it. But many see it as urgent

Old 04-25-2017, 01:45 PM

3,014 posts, read 890,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
I'm pretty middle of the road with it. But many see it as urgent
Who are these many?

Old 04-25-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Who are these many?
Hard core trump supporters, groups like ALIPAC, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or